Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

AIESEC Exchange

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with this organization. Some reps came to my school and it sounds too good to be true.

#2 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Looks like a cult to me.
Posted Image

#3 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

It's not a cult. AIESEC (being a part of the local committee at your school) can in fact that we have sent off several students who have had a heck of a time.

AIESEC never sends reps from outside schools to tell students to go on exchange. You should talk to your local committee and ask them if you can speak to someone who has gone on exchange and ask them questions if you are really concerned. Several of the students who went were extremely with the experience they got.

That being said I can't say the same for the other students. It's really up to you and how you make the experience out to be. We can tell you all these great things about going on exchange like any other program, but in the end it's obviously up to the individual like with any other exchange program.

AIESEC has benefits because you aren't limited to just a certain city like some exchange programs and you don't have to go for a set period of time. You can go for up to 6 weeks if that's all you want or I believe it's 18 months. I have been taking a leave of absence since I have had way too much on my plate.

Remember just ask someone from AIESEC to arrange a meet for you with someone who has done it before at your school. I'm sure your local committee shouldn't have any problems with that.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#4 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's not a cult. AIESEC (being a part of the local committee at your school) can in fact that we have sent off several students who have had a heck of a time.

AIESEC never sends reps from outside schools to tell students to go on exchange. You should talk to your local committee and ask them if you can speak to someone who has gone on exchange and ask them questions if you are really concerned. Several of the students who went were extremely with the experience they got.

That being said I can't say the same for the other students. It's really up to you and how you make the experience out to be. We can tell you all these great things about going on exchange like any other program, but in the end it's obviously up to the individual like with any other exchange program.

AIESEC has benefits because you aren't limited to just a certain city like some exchange programs and you don't have to go for a set period of time. You can go for up to 6 weeks if that's all you want or I believe it's 18 months. I have been taking a leave of absence since I have had way too much on my plate.

Remember just ask someone from AIESEC to arrange a meet for you with someone who has done it before at your school. I'm sure your local committee shouldn't have any problems with that.

They said I would not have to pay a penny. Is that also true?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.