The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which carriers should I buy with the new iphone5?

canucksfreakie

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm on Bell (with an iPhone 3GS) right now and am not overly impressed with the reception. Virtually no reception when I used to be up at SFU, and also a lot of very low signal areas in New West and Coquitlam. And I'm not a fan of their plans.

Are Bell, Telus, and Rogers the only providers who'll sell the new iPhone?

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm on Bell (with an iPhone 3GS) right now and am not overly impressed with the reception. Virtually no reception when I used to be up at SFU, and also a lot of very low signal areas in New West and Coquitlam. And I'm not a fan of their plans.

Are Bell, Telus, and Rogers the only providers who'll sell the new iPhone?

Yes. Any other providers are just companies owned by one of those companies. A good example is FiDo. I don't think Wind will be getting the iPhone

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've heard a lot of conflicted reports about Wind anyways. Their plans sound awesome but a lot of people complain about too many dropped calls and dead zones.

^^ Most people give two craps about which phone is superior. It's quite clear that Samsung produces the best phones...but I'd still rather buy an iPhone. A megapixel or a millisecond isn't going to affect my decision.

Go with Rogers or whoever gives you the best deal. You can always sell the plan and unlock the phone so you can use it with any carrier that you like.

* you can unlock for free via jailbreak or get it done for $15-30 dollars at some tech shop.

good choice on chosing the iphone5. I heard fido and telus is ok.

Get Nokia Lumia 920 or Samsung Galaxy S3 since they both have superior hardware in comparison to iPhone 5 and Android Jelly Bean is better than iOS6 from most of the things I've read online. Apple didn't really improve that much on the iPhone 4S aside from it having a little bit faster processor and 0.5" longer screen. Lumia 920 has the best screen, camera and processor on the market right now along with the most high tech charging system. Samsung S3 has the biggest screen. iPhone 5 has .....???

Get Nokia Lumia 920 or Samsung Galaxy S3 since they both have superior hardware in comparison to iPhone 5 and Android Jelly Bean is better than iOS6 from most of the things I've read online. Apple didn't really improve that much on the iPhone 4S aside from it having a little bit faster processor and 0.5" longer screen. Lumia 920 has the best screen, camera and processor on the market right now along with the most high tech charging system. Samsung S3 has the biggest screen. iPhone 5 has .....???

^^ Most people give two craps about which phone is superior. It's quite clear that Samsung produces the best phones...but I'd still rather buy an iPhone. A megapixel or a millisecond isn't going to affect my decision.

Go with Rogers or whoever gives you the best deal. You can always sell the plan and unlock the phone so you can use it with any carrier that you like.

* you can unlock for free via jailbreak or get it done for $15-30 dollars at some tech shop.

Dude, who the hell cares. We all know that the S3 is better than the iPhone, well, except for Apple fanboys. But if the OP wants to buy an iPhone, let him buy an iPhone.

Anyways, are you going to buy an unlocked one? If so, go with Wind/Mobilicity/Virgin Mobile... if you dont care about reception. If not, i'll say Fido then Rogers.

good choice on chosing the iphone5. I heard fido and telus is ok.

The iphone 5 is 18 % thinner, 20% lighter. It has a larger screen, and supier photo quality. It also has the new 3d map feature, which looks awesome, 8 hours talk time, also never before seen applications before which will kick ass.

Despite what you said in slamming apple, apple is fully aware that, no matter what kind of phone they release, their competitors will come out with another phone that has higher specs then them. That's out of their control. Apple can release another phone that has higher specs then the other one their competitor just released, but then the competitor will just release another faster and stronger then it. It's a suicidal loop, that goes nowhere. Apple just made 1 phone, and that will be the iphone 5. They know they wont have the best camera, they know they wont have a widest screen (btw, this is soooo overrated you guys are hilarious. I personally prefer a smaller phone then to take a break around with me). They made the risk of making a bigger screen, but not too big, but once again, their out of the box thinking will propell the iphone 5 to be the highest selling phone of all time. You seem Samsung? To every one phone apple releases , SAmsung releases 6 or 7? It's hilarious, thats not what apple wants to do.

Anyways OP, I respect your decision to go apple. The iphone5 is probalby more then good enough for the average person. Apple is so damn smart, its hilarious. The day everyone hates them, it's the day they are very successful.

Archived