The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

10 TEAMS THAT CAN WIN IT ALL: CANUCKS

elvis15

Has he shown he can be a full time starter and play 60+ games yet? No.

Isnt blaming the fault on Luongo ignorant? When most of the time its the team infront of him that cracks under pressure? He cant rob you every game. Pretty stupid statement itself right there.

10 TEAMS THAT CAN'T WIN AT ALL:

Toronto Maple Leafs - Need I say more?

Columbus Blue Jackets - Nash is gone and so is this franchise.

Carolina Hurricanes - A flurry of awful.

Edmonton Oilers - Plenty of fresh oil. But I don't think they'll ever get this engine running on all cylinders.

Calgary Flames - A hilarious and tragic example of how to completely drive a hockey franchise into the ground.

Anaheim Ducks - Not even Selanne can save this mess. What happened?

New York Islanders - They've put in a consistent effort since the miracle of '93 - Consistency in losing and losing often.

Montreal Canadiens - A rich history and a piss-poor future.

Colorado Avalanche - Joe Sakic in his prime wouldn't be able to carry this load of grabage.

Winnipeg Jets - The return of this franchise is a reminder of why it folded in the first place.

I'm not as positive about the Canuck outlook as that summary. Fans can dwell on Lou folding and the d-core playing poorly but the key weakness over a number of seasons has been poor secondary scoring. It has left the 1st line exposed to excessive attention and not been there to lift the team in tight situations. GMMG is addressing this problem but whether he is quick enough to still capitalize on the Twins careers is questionable.

NOT LIKE HE HAD A GAA OF 1 IN ESSENTIALLY 3 ELIMINATION GAMES AGAINST THE EVENTUAL STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

"oh the expectations on him weren't even close to Luongo's"

YES 3 GAMES THAT POTENTIALLY MAKE HIM A MILLIONAIRE AND SET FOR LIFE

The Cory bashers need to go, Luongo is a choke artist and you're not a good fan for defending him.

Wow. Just because you like a certain player, doesn't mean the other player in the same position has to be hated. I don't know why Canuck fans feel the need to do this.

I like X so Y sucks.

We have two really good goalies and yet all I ever see here is how one or the other has to suck cause the other one is better.

Wow. Just because you like a certain player, doesn't mean the other player in the same position has to be hated. I don't know why Canuck fans feel the need to do this.

I like X so Y sucks.

We have two really good goalies and yet all I ever see here is how one or the other has to suck cause the other one is better.

Its kind of sad that Vancouverites think that its completely normal for a goalie to melt down in the playoffs year after year after year. That it is somehow unavoidable for our goaltending to take a nosedive in spring while every other team's goalie steps it up. That its ok for the opposition to score 7 goals on us every other game. Its like people have become resigned to it. This is what Luongo has reduced us to.

Schneider's post-season performance last season was the most dominant, consistant goaltending the Canucks have had for the past 5 years. Amidst all the highlight reel saves we didnt see a single 7-goal-game. No meltdowns. Not even a questionable goal against. And it wasnt a fluke. I sure as heck wasn't surprised to see him play like that. He has never given us a single reason to doubt him and yet people still cling to Luongo against all common sense and logic.

Its kind of sad that Vancouverites think that its completely normal for a goalie to melt down in the playoffs year after year after year. That it is somehow unavoidable for our goaltending to take a nosedive in spring while every other team's goalie steps it up. That its ok for the opposition to score 7 goals on us every other game. Its like people have become resigned to it. This is what Luongo has reduced us to.

Schneider's post-season performance last season was the most dominant, consistant goaltending the Canucks have had for the past 5 years. Amidst all the highlight reel saves we didnt see a single 7-goal-game. No meltdowns. Not even a questionable goal against. And it wasnt a fluke. I sure as heck wasn't surprised to see him play like that. He has never given us a single reason to doubt him and yet people still cling to Luongo against all common sense and logic.

Archived