• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squeak

[SIGNING] Canucks sign Evan Mcneny

Could be risky, I didn't know we had that many contracts to spare. He's got the body, we'll see what he can do with a full season.

I would have thought he'd have to pass through the draft a few times to be able to be signed as a UFA. It seems like he's been eligible for 2 but I thought it'd have to be 3 years undrafted in order to become UFA, but I'm too busy to look up the details.

Anyways, he certainly fits the recent trend of picking up players who are more physically NHL-ready and it seems he has a pretty decent skill-set as well. It'll be interesting to see more on him as the junior season gets going.

I love these kind of signings, and the Canucks penchant for them. How much is there to lose giving a young guy like this an opportunity to prove himself?

The Slide Rule

Players signed to SPCs who are returned to Junior prior to playing 9 NHL games do not count towards a team’s SPC limit. Instead, those players would “slide” off the 50-SPC list while remaining on the larger 90-man Reserve List.

" He looks for the character guys "

Well then did he mess up with Hodgson or did Cody's character change after the draft or after he started playing for the Nucks?

" He looks for the character guys "

Well then did he mess up with Hodgson or did Cody's character change after the draft or after he started playing for the Nucks?

A blurb from Canucks Army up now, with a quote from Brock Otten of OHLProspects:

I remain steadfast in my opinion that had he played this year, McEneny would be in consideration for the top two rounds of the draft. He was impressive defensively as a 16 year old rookie, and it was clear through the preseason games and the first two games of the OHL season, that McEneny had added an offensive punch to his game. He's got size, mobility, physicality, and offensive potential from the back end. But he also suffered a season ending knee injury limiting his exposure to two games this year. If I was an NHL team, I'd take a flyer on him with a 7th round pick and hope he recovers well.

And Suter and Parise and Nash...

We were seriously involved in both Weber and Schultz though, but at least we got Garrison where Flyers have only been able to keep their own. Imagine what shape they'd be in on D if they hadn't traded JVR for Schenn.

Canucks sign the best free agent defenseman on the UFA market this year, and Vancouver whines because it didn't get an RFA that no one got, or a $3.775 million cap hit rookie who demands ice time before he has even played a game in the AHL.

Canucks sign the best free agent defenseman on the UFA market this year