The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Employee Of The Year: GARY BETTMAN

D-Money

i am not with the players this time.

The owners own the NHL. They own the Stanley cup. Sooner or later , they cant accept 43% of their own revenue. Its ridiculous.

If the NHLPA wants money that bad, they can go start up a WHA and see how easy it is to build arenas, lobby for funds, market to fans keep fans , carry failing franchises..........

I think the NHL should give the NHLPA a deadline to make a deal and if they dont, fire them all. Call up players who renounce the union and want to play in the NHL. Give them the 5 million a year. I am pretty sure they will get plenty of applications.

It wont take long to replenish the talent pool from the draft . Within a year most of the fired NHL stars will be whining to get back into the league.

It's all greed. The players are greedy. Guys like Kovalchuk, Crosby or Weber would NEVER have signed for a reasonable 5 year contract, and owners are stupidly greedy as they are complaining about the long term contracts that they're handing out to begin with. Go figure.

But ultimately it comes down to the players. It's really sad to see greed overcome their love for the game.

thing is he is not the puppet of all the owners he is the puppet of the select few he makes happy does he not only need 8 of the 30 owners behind him to make anything happen?

this could make lots of other owners unhappy but as long as he has the select few with him he can do whatever he or they feel is needed.

do you really think the Canucks owners care about rolling back on contracts they signed. No i am pretty sure they have stated all they care about is winning the CUP.,

there are teams that have owners that will do eveything to make there players better/happier/healthier above and beyond there paychecks.

just like an employer that offers a great benifits package and or bonuses.. do they need to do that ?

do i make 1/24 what my boss makes no our paychecks are pretty close , do i make 1/24 of what the owners make probably more like 1/50 if even that.

and that is probably the same for anyone who works for anything other then a small business

i work for a small company but that small company is owned by a large company.

i'm not bettman's #1 fan but i fail to see how he gets blame for this. players are employees, they already make a boatload of money as is. the owners/investors/etc... at one point had to take a risk/investment to make a succesful return. i don't see the logic in the players wanting 50/50 or whatever from profits. compare your job to your boss, do you make 50/50 with him/her? F NO!

Archived