The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evan McEneny | D

Joel Heyman

4 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

Not that there was any doubt but eMac did clear.

Let's hope for a speedy return to form for him. He was a big part of the Comets blue line before he went down. I'm rooting for the kid. Thanks for the update, I was actually a bit worried he wouldn't clear as he has had some decent exposure to scouts in the league. They know he's a good player, but has injury history.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow he looked good in the first period of this game tonight.   Lucky to be in this timezone and watching up close.   He is skating miles and making a lot happen.   Think he had five shots in the period too.

I'm really pulling for EM and have been on his bandwagon for a few years now.  Two seasons ago he had a heckuva year and appeared poised to make that jump to the NHL.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm really pulling for EM and have been on his bandwagon for a few years now.  Two seasons ago he had a heckuva year and appeared poised to make that jump to the NHL.

He was not quite as strong in periods 2 and 3 but still looks really good.   I digress as you are talking about EM but OJ looked NHL ready tonight.   Was dominant in both ends of the rink.   Really quick with decisions and feet and used his body better than I recall when I last saw him up close and personal.   Dahlen too looked much better than I expected based upon the film I had seen so far this year.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, stawns said:

He had a tough set back last year and I worried about how well he would do this year. It appears I should not have worried. He is getting a lot of shots off. I am still hoping that the d-core group in Utica get rotated through Van for actual game TOI this season.  

• Upvote 1

eMac looked like he lost a step in his skating after missing almost a full year with knee surgery and rehab.  The last couple of games his skating looks like it is improving.  Hopefully the improvements will continue and he will get back to the level of play before his latest injury.  

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Another two assists in tonight’s loss, and now 9 points in his last 10 games. 

Would love to see him get an extended look. He's  had some injuries but has a solid 2 way game and from what I've seen some really good instincts. Now thats only about 15 games or so but every time he looks like an NHL player.

14 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Would love to see him get an extended look. He's  had some injuries but has a solid 2 way game and from what I've seen some really good instincts. Now thats only about 15 games or so but every time he looks like an NHL player.

I think you’re right on the money that McEneny “looks like an NHL player,” at least when he’s healthy and settled into midseason form. I’d love to see him avoid any further injuries and possibly get a late season call up, after we move some expiring contracts at the TDL. I think given the opportunity, and if he can stay healthy, he could prove himself to be a good option for us as a third pairing/depth D at the NHL level.

• Upvote 4

McEneny, who seems to be in the Salo/ Tanev injury club, is often overlooked. A season long injury allowed a projected 2nd/ 3rd round pick become undrafted. A quirk in timing ( can't remember what it was ) allowed us to sign him.

He plays both sides. Has good offence and in my mind is 'next' for a trip to the big club. I put him and Sautner ahead of Brisebois, Chatfield and even Juolevi.

And that is just about in a nut shell...………….

McEneny looks good, Sautner looked good when he came up last year, Juolevi is slated to come up, and Hughes is hopefully coming at the end of the year, and none of these guys have been given a look and some of them are going to be RFA's soon....with MDZ and Pouliot playing so crappy...…..it makes you wonder  what Benning is thinking about...….gotta give these guys a test drive so we know...………….

and never mind this coming up and sitting in the press box...….some real action!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

And that is just about in a nut shell...………….

McEneny looks good, Sautner looked good when he came up last year, Juolevi is slated to come up, and Hughes is hopefully coming at the end of the year, and none of these guys have been given a look and some of them are going to be RFA's soon....with MDZ and Pouliot playing so crappy...…..it makes you wonder  what Benning is thinking about...….gotta give these guys a test drive so we know...………….

and never mind this coming up and sitting in the press box...….some real action!

Agreed, I see no reason to play clearly flawed players that aren't improving over some of our younger players that have more defensive acumen and they cant be any worse offensively. 

Trade Del Zotto, waive Pouliot and recall Sautner and McEneny and whoever plays better keeps a spot.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's the question IMO why did they sign MDZ when they hadthe likes of McEnemy or Sautner. Either lack of vision or lack of confidence by management. The difference between the two was small at best. MDZ cost $3 mill the other two less than a million. The time to build the roster is now. In a couple of years from now Vcr is going to be in Cap trouble, you are going to need McEney/Sauner type players, don't wait until the last moment and then throw them in the deep end. Both are likely in need of development

• Upvote 1