The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evan McEneny | D

Joel Heyman

^

LOL perfect, another knee injury?

Hopefully he isnt out for much longer, it seems like he is pretty important for the Rangers D/ PP

it's most likely a groin injury, after missing an entire season you'd expect something like that. he's supposed to be back this week. Edited by avelanch

it's most likely a groin injury, after missing an entire season you'd expect something like that. he's supposed to be back this week.

Yea, I would put my money on a groin injury. And like you said, it's to be expected.

Hopefully this guy can stay healthy, cause he seems pretty promising. This team can use as many D-prospects as it can get its hands on too

• 4 weeks later...

Not much talk about McEneny lately. He is getting back into form after an injury. Got an assist in the Rangers 3-1 win over the Greyhounds Friday. He also had 2 assists in a win over the Stealheads earlier in the week. So 3 points in last 2 games. Being paired with Ryan Murphy doesnt hurt your numbers. But it also shows he is capable of top 2 d-man minutes in the OHL.

Edited by Badboycanuck

Not much talk about McEneny lately. He is getting back into form after an injury. Got an assist in the Rangers 3-1 win over the Greyhounds Friday. He also had 2 assists in a win over the Stealheads earlier in the week. So 3 points in last 2 games. Being paired with Ryan Murphy doesnt hurt your numbers. But it also shows he is capable of top 2 d-man minutes in the OHL.

And that he's relied on as the stay-at-home shutdown defenseman to be paired with an offensive juggernaut who makes risky plays defensively.

Not bad for a stay at home guy. His offence is coming on. Just worried about his lower body health issues, hopefully they're nothing major and they aren't a recurring issue.

he's an offensive defenceman. Also do you just come on once a day at obscure hours and posy once in every prospect talk thread.

he's an offensive defenceman. Also do you just come on once a day at obscure hours and posy once in every prospect talk thread.

Everything I've heard has indicated otherwise, apparently he's a shutdown defenseman with two way potential. He's not overly physical and plays a cerebral defensive game. I'm not sure where you got this info.

Everything I've heard has indicated otherwise, apparently he's a shutdown defenseman with two way potential. He's not overly physical and plays a cerebral defensive game. I'm not sure where you got this info.

Maybe he is thinking of McNally?

Dominic Tiano over at the OHL Writers certainly liked him:

McEneny already has good size and bulk on his frame. He’s a naturally gifted offensive defenseman. He can make a very good first pass or skate out of danger and very adept at joining the rush.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/09/13/canucks-take-a-chance-on-evan-mceneny/