The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evan McEneny | D

Joel Heyman

• 2 weeks later...

Watching him play against the Knights today and he looks really big in his own end. He's paired with Murphy and is getting a lot of minutes. It seems no matter what he's using his size out front of the net while Murphy is the one along the board. I'm not sure if that is by design but it's just something I've noticed so far.

He's on the top PP and top PK line. Obviously Murphy runs things for the most part on the PP and that kind of limits his involvement because they keep things on the right side.

I'm no scout, obviously, but I like what I see in his game. Big steadying influence who looks calm no matter where he is.

Watching him play against the Knights today and he looks really big in his own end. He's paired with Murphy and is getting a lot of minutes. It seems no matter what he's using his size out front of the net while Murphy is the one along the board. I'm not sure if that is by design but it's just something I've noticed so far.

He's on the top PP and top PK line. Obviously Murphy runs things for the most part on the PP and that kind of limits his involvement because they keep things on the right side.

I'm no scout, obviously, but I like what I see in his game. Big steadying influence who looks calm no matter where he is.

I was at the game. He was on the ice a lot but just seemed unnoticeable. I know thats high praise for a defensive defenceman, but I didn't find him very impressive.

Probably because McEneny is 6'2" 202lbs and Murphy's only 5'11" 176lbs. I think McEneny is capable of working along the boards as well, but stays in front of the net because Murphy is unable to clear the crease.

And offense on the PP would run through Murphy since that's what he's known for.

Hmm, Interesting. Wonder what happened, according to playboi19 it seemed like McEneny was having a good game.

I only watched last game, he played all 3 periods and OT.

The tweet is referring to tonights game, but he still picked up an assist in 2 periods.

I only watched last game, he played all 3 periods and OT.

The tweet is referring to tonights game, but he still picked up an assist in 2 periods.

So a goal and an assist in 2 games and he gets sent to the room. Not just benched but sent to the room. Must be something serious otherwise the coach would just have benched him for the last period.

Hmm, Interesting. Wonder what happened, according to playboi19 it seemed like McEneny was having a good game.

Yeah I watch the game on SN the other night.

He looked really good, used his size well against the boards, battled hard down low, didn't let guys break free. Made good passes, had some good moments jumping up in the play, looked good on the powerplay.

the only negative I saw was that he got caught standing still a couple of times and guys went past him, overall skating isn't an big issue for him, but he doesn't have quick footspeed IMO.

Pbbly has something to do with lack of defensive play or like Rey said taking extended shifts.

I think Rey could be on to something. This is something I could see a coach getting angry about. Lack of defensive awareness would pbbly just get him benched.

Pbbly has something to do with lack of defensive play or like Rey said taking extended shifts.

I think Rey could be on to something. This is something I could see a coach getting angry about. Lack of defensive awareness would pbbly just get him benched.

I don't think he has a lack of defensive awarness, he actually seemed really solid defensively.

I hope Rey is wrong because that's not really something you want to see in your young players but perhaps he is onto something.