The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 2[Taking Applications]

DollarAndADream

Manual Waivers?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you have the money and you aren't burying contracts there shouldn't be a problem. It would be nice though if EA can in the future make players not want to re-sign based on playing time, winning record etc... unless you drastically overpay (like for players who would sell out).

In theory, since they're assigning their players basic depth ratings - 3rd line scoring, 4th line checker, Top 4 D - it seems like if you're not giving them that time minimum they should be interested in walking. It would be nice if they incorporated that next year. I actually can't imagine why you'd go through the hassle of branding all these players if not for that explicit purpose. I know where to put my players, thanks EA. The one with the high OVRs before the ones with the low OVRs, right? Thanks.

To be fair, if Malkin wasn't showing respect to the team and the cap situation, and he went to UFA after this deal was done, someone would give him, just, all the money. For all the years. Even if he had a terrible year. I mean, look at Semin. He's as bad as the day is long and he got, what, 7m? I'm trying to think of a way they'll ever fix that, but it's seemed since the Cap has been in the NHL series, your player determines their salary expectations basically based on what the highest available cap hit is for a single player, not based on something reasonable like the top salary in the league or something.

Since you can offer him 15m to stay, the CPU probably thinks they're doing you a solid by only asking 13.5m.

frack... I am going to lose Mark Fayne for nothing because I am right at the contract limit. I gave up a 3.5 gold stars prospect for him and wanted to re-sign him. I offered him more money than he was asking for and have plenty of cap room, but I only had one night that I could go on and re-sign players and so I offered everyone who I wanted to keep contracts who had contracts before except two players who were unsigned, and I let go of 5 players. This should have given me 3 extra roster spaces. But even then, since Fayne was under contract last year why can't I replace his contract from last year with a new one?How does this work? Does the roster limit shrink?

..... argh so frustrating

frack... I am going to lose Mark Fayne for nothing because I am right at the contract limit. I gave up a 3.5 gold stars prospect for him and wanted to re-sign him. I offered him more money than he was asking for and have plenty of cap room, but I only had one night that I could go on and re-sign players and so I offered everyone who I wanted to keep contracts who had contracts before except two players who were unsigned, and I let go of 5 players. This should have given me 3 extra roster spaces. But even then, since Fayne was under contract last year why can't I replace his contract from last year with a new one?How does this work? Does the roster limit shrink?

..... argh so frustrating

I can't because I am away from my consol until Wednesday... Trav I doubt you would do this but if u can I guess maybe you could fire me from the league temporarily and have someone (coleman would you be willing to do it?) go on and buyout my worst player, then offer Fayne what he wants.

If not, then I completely understand, but it is out of my control that I can't go on and do it myself. If the companion app was at all useful I would be able to do it that way but unfortunately it isn't.

I'll do it myself tonight. I already took control of NYR with one of my old accounts so I can re-sign Gaborik for them. (NYR was fired, but they didn't leave the league yet.) I thought I'd just go on and re-sign who they should.

I think I have another PSN account I can take control of your team with, and if not then I'll just make one.

I don't have time today to go on and accept people into the league, which is why I can't fire you then wait for Coleman and accept him. I'll just do it myself later tonight before the sim.

From the NHL 13 Thread, next week's patch:

GM Connected

• New - Trade messaging has been added to the mode.

• Speed up Hub loading times.

• Improved responsiveness when scrolling through the Main Menu to reduce accidently scrolling past the option players want to select.

• Improved scrolling when looking to selecting a team on the trade player screen and select team screen.

• Users should no longer be able to adjust the gameplay sliders during a CPU game.

• Improved responsiveness of league search screens.

• Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause a crash when bringing up the player list on the Trade Player screen.

• Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash while backing out of the mailbox screen.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while loading into the GM Connected HUB.

• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when proposing a trade to a CPU team (also fixed in Be-A-GM).

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: The Detroit Red Wings are very proud to announce the re-signing of Pavel Datsyuk to a new 3 year contract worth $23.325M (AAV of $7.775M) . He was asking like $9.3280M, but thats very very greedy, Pavel.

We are very happy with a few more minor signings as well, including 2013 1st rounder, left winger, J. Kilger (Already 76 OVR, 3.5 Gold star). It should be an interesting offseason here in Detroit. $20M+ in cap space, and a good batch of FREE AGENTS.

Archived