The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 2[Taking Applications]

DollarAndADream

Manual Waivers?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd rather we just put Rask back on the market in 2014, and serve notice to the entire league that this doesn't happen again. There is no way of keeping Rask in the NHL unless we sim 3 day cycles and Edmonton forcibly brings him up every cycle

That won't matter because regardless the Oilers have the capspace. They didn't circumvent anything. If they go out and use that 9 million again in the season to sign better players or make trades now that is cheating and needs to be punished.

One way deals don't mean they have to stay in the NHL it means they get paid their salary regardless of where they play. We just can't allow Edmonton to sign anyone else or make a trade to take on more salary.

If they have the capspace they aren't doing anything wrong. If they trick the ps3 into dumping some capspace then use that capspace to acquire more players, they are cheating and need to be punished accordingly.

They get paid their salary, yeah, but, buried salary doesn't count on the Cap, which is why Dallas got to have Ballard in the AHL all year and was 4m over cap space as soon as the playoffs were done. Right now, Edmonton can't sign anyone, and we can impose a trading and signing block on them all year, but once the season starts, they'll have open cap space. see Redden, Commodore, Souray.

But you are right, they should be limited from making moves by us to reflect the fact that they have no cap. I would suggest the imposition of a trading and signing freeze in addition to Rask hitting the market again in 2014.

They can make trades as long as their cap remains identical or goes down but they can't sign anyone else.

So far they haven't broken any rules so as far as I'm concerned Rask is Edmonton's property. If they break the rules there will be punishment. That hasn't happened as of yet.

well the teams who have Redden, Commodore and souray should be penalized as well. But the fact is there are some bad players making lots of money that deserve to be in the minors. Rask is technically a bad player making lots of money just like the players I mentioned above. So maybe he shouldn't be penalized?

I didn't mean in the game, I meant in the NHL when their teams actually buried their salaries. But there's literally no way of keeping Rask in the NHL, and as such, on the cap this year, and since waivers are off, no one can claim him even if they wanted to. It's more the part where it's completely unrealistic and an exploitation of circumstances that would never exist, like an owner not firing the absolute crap out of you for doing it, to make it happen. It's like the Kovalchuk signing. It got tried, it's definitely not cool, and it shouldn't be allowed to happen again.

They get paid their salary, yeah, but, buried salary doesn't count on the Cap, which is why Dallas got to have Ballard in the AHL all year and was 4m over cap space as soon as the playoffs were done. Right now, Edmonton can't sign anyone, and we can impose a trading and signing block on them all year, but once the season starts, they'll have open cap space. see Redden, Commodore, Souray.

But you are right, they should be limited from making moves by us to reflect the fact that they have no cap. I would suggest the imposition of a trading and signing freeze in addition to Rask hitting the market again in 2014.

Woops, my bad. They both beat me silly this year, so they're the same in my eyes. I wasn't actually calling them out, I was under the belief that was an oversight more than a deliberate move.

There's something to be said for the fact that Edmonton would owe Carolina 4 1st Rounders if he'd been qualified.

We should be allowed to bury certain players in the minors because that is part of the real NHL. If players aren't performing and are making lots of money then they will be placed on waivers. Like I should be allowed to place Methot in the minors after his -40 season and not be penalized for it.

I didn't mean in the game, I meant in the NHL when their teams actually buried their salaries. But there's literally no way of keeping Rask in the NHL, and as such, on the cap this year, and since waivers are off, no one can claim him even if they wanted to. It's more the part where it's completely unrealistic and an exploitation of circumstances that would never exist, like an owner not firing the absolute crap out of you for doing it, to make it happen. It's like the Kovalchuk signing. It got tried, it's definitely not cool, and it shouldn't be allowed to happen again.

We should be allowed to bury certain players in the minors because that is part of the real NHL. If players aren't performing and are making lots of money then they will be placed on waivers. Like I should be allowed to place Methot in the minors after his -40 season and not be penalized for it.

Since your cap in the summer is based on your one way contracts. All we have to do is not allow teams to sign anyone once the season starts. Then let teams bury whomever they want because they can't use that salary elsewhere.

Preventing teams from signing players is easier to enforce as we can easily see all the signings every sim cycle.

If you sign someone after the UFA signing period you will be penalized 3 first round picks that will be randomly assigned to 3 different teams.

So, I have 11m in cap space, and I can't use it if someone gets injured? If Vokoun goes down Feb 1st, I'd rather sign a cheap 76 backup and leave Campbell playing in the AHL. I can't predict months in advance where I'm going to need patchwork to fill for injuries, and teams with cap space shouldn't be punished.

Archived