The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 2[Taking Applications]

DollarAndADream

Manual Waivers?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All I have to do is make a list of how much space people have on day 1 then be reported all signings and trades, with a +/- in cap space. So sure. Henceforth, all trades and signings must be reported to me, and all teams must have their lines set as they intend them on Day 1. Burying should still be allowed to happen, but you have to serve notice to the league that it's happening and allow people to put in claims for him, in the form of a 7th round pick. In the event of multiple claims, random number generator it to determine who gets to claim him for a 7th. Players who will be pushed down by Best Lines will be obvious because we know at this point that putting a 66 in the NHL when you have a higher ranked player than him in the AHL, they'll be swtiched. Like you said, it's not like there's a lot of signings.

The panthers are pleased to welcome Michal Rozsival, Michael Ryder and Brendan Morrow to the team.

Also who did Teravainen sign with?

Oh and btw, I will be gone to the states until Sunday. Will not have access to my ps3 until then.

All I have to do is make a list of how much space people have on day 1 then be reported all signings and trades, with a +/- in cap space. So sure. Henceforth, all trades and signings must be reported to me, and all teams must have their lines set as they intend them on Day 1. Burying should still be allowed to happen, but you have to serve notice to the league that it's happening and allow people to put in claims for him, in the form of a 7th round pick. In the event of multiple claims, random number generator it to determine who gets to claim him for a 7th. Players who will be pushed down by Best Lines will be obvious because we know at this point that putting a 66 in the NHL when you have a higher ranked player than him in the AHL, they'll be swtiched. Like you said, it's not like there's a lot of signings.

To keep it easier to manage, what do you guys think about this.

Prior to start of season, sign whomever you want. Once we have access to our rosters then to sign a free agent you need to pm Coleman and let him know your intentions. He can check it out and verify you have adequate capspace without one way contracts in the minors, you can then sign the player. If you do have one way contracts in the minors, then you need to either pick one to offer to the league for a 7th round pick or not sign your UFA. This will make you decide if the UFA player is more valuable to you then the guy you buried. If the player is offered and no one grabs him, you keep both the player and the UFA. If multiple teams claim the player then he goes to the team worse in the standings.

If you don't PM Coleman first you get penalized.

This is a slight modification of Colemans proposal but done before the error occurs not after. It is imperative that we enforce this before the problem occurs and not try to backpedal after it has already occurred.

What do you all think about that?

Here is the thing about the Edmonton signing, lets put it into a real life scenario.

Rask was the most coveted UFA on the market, over 17 teams put in bids on his services.

If MG had 9 million in cap space and was completely content on his roster and had no plans of adding any other free agents or trades, and had a chance to secure the best available player to a 1 year 1 million dollar contract with an 8 million signing bonus, don't you think he would do it?

If Justin Schultz wasn't on an ELC and had to have those ELC conditions in place, you don't think that some team with lots of cap space wouldn't of offered a huge signing bonus if they aren't going to use that cap space elsewhere?

If MG had 9 million in cap space that wasn't going to be used elsewhere and Schultz could of been signed for more than he was legally allowed to (but couldn't due to a ELC), don't you think he would of done it to persuade him to come to Vancouver? Of course he would.

As long as Edmonton doesn't do anything else to add more salary I have no problem whatsoever with what they did. It wasn't cheating, it wasn't taking advantage it was making sure they got the player they really needed. He fits exactly what the Oilers goals are, and they had the cap space to do it.

Heck I overpaid for Selanne so I could get him. I wanted Jagr but I saw way more competition for the better rated player. I went with Selanne because the odds were better as only one other team was interested. I saw what Jagr signed for and I would of had him if I offered him what I paid for Selanne. Thats the gamble when you go to UFA. If you have the capspace and aren't going to cheat by burying contracts and using that capspace elsewhere again (which we are trying to prevent) I have no problem with it.

Fine, whatever. Let me know. Let's punish teams who conserve their cap space 3 first rounders so we don't have to do work. Because it makes absolute sense that I should have 12 NHL Fs, 6 NHL D, 2 NHL Gs and not want to sign anyone else because, geez, THE BEST LINES FEATURE will put them in the AHL and take time from my prospects. Because some teams are deliberately trying to take advantage of the system. I can't prepare for the playoffs with the cap space that I've saved and offer contracts to players who don't have jobs because someone, somewhere, might bury someone in the minors.

Redden played all season,

He is a 77, that was a top 4 on my team last year.

It is very hard to acqurire good players when you have little to start with.

I had to acquire Redden to get to the cap floor because I offloaded a ton of cap to acquire E.Kane.

I played my best team every game and still finished 28th

Don't lump the CBJ's into this crap!

The Edmonton situation is unique beyond the NHL because first, you don't have to pay him, and second, because of best lines, he doesn't count on the cap. If that's how you want it to be, fine. You can sign a player with no intention of him being in the NHL just so others can't get him. It happens ALL THE TIME. ALL THE TIME. You say 'well, players BARELY EVER sign after Oct 1st, so we're punishing three 1sts for signing' when NO ONE, IN THE HISTORY OF THE NHL, has ever signed the kind of dodging contract that Rask did, because there are rules in place that would prevent it. But whatever. Obviously the only answer that makes sense is not to allow teams with no buried contracts to sign depth players until the rules of the NHL. Obviously.

Yeah, and your Schultz example is only valid if your plan is to sign a player to a 1 way, high money contract, and then bury him in the AHL to develop, with no intention of playing him in the NHL. Name a single situation where that's happened, and I will cheerfully apologize and delete every post I have. I am giving away three 1sts so I can secure my 4th line for the playoffs like I am stapling my dick to the floor.

The aggravation is this. I have all the cap space in the world, and no need to sign anyone. If I sign a 76 right now, Best Lines will likely push him to the AHL, meaning my first line prospects don't get time. And I don't want NHL players in the AHL. I want the minimum amount so my prospects get time. By my top AHL winger, for example, is around a 60. I have zero NHL contracts in the AHL, the playoffs are coming, I have 11m in cap space, and I can't go offer a 76-78 a one year, 2m contract to fill the gap if Ryan White gets injured going into the playoffs? I'm not trying to pull anything shady. I'm trying to win, using the means available to me, within the rules, and the talk is of punishing me for this like I'm trying to, as you said, bury Ovechkin in the minors. I will do the math. It's fine. Just because you think it's too complicated doesn't mean I'm not willing to do it. I'm not going to sit and see if some 4th liner gets best lined and his 1m gets buried on a team that has 12m in space: That's a computer error. I'm looking for a team who starts the season with 3m, signing a UFA for 4m, because they can bury with impunity: That's wrong. And punishing teams for being conservative with their cap by either retarding their prospects or forcing them to anticipate injuries during the off-season is like going to the Antarctic to get ice for a party.

Fine, whatever. Let me know. Let's punish teams who conserve their cap space 3 first rounders so we don't have to do work. Because it makes absolute sense that I should have 12 NHL Fs, 6 NHL D, 2 NHL Gs and not want to sign anyone else because, geez, THE BEST LINES FEATURE will put them in the AHL and take time from my prospects. Because some teams are deliberately trying to take advantage of the system. I can't prepare for the playoffs with the cap space that I've saved and offer contracts to players who don't have jobs because someone, somewhere, might bury someone in the minors.

The aggravation is this. I have all the cap space in the world, and no need to sign anyone. If I sign a 76 right now, Best Lines will likely push him to the AHL, meaning my first line prospects don't get time. And I don't want NHL players in the AHL. I want the minimum amount so my prospects get time. By my top AHL winger, for example, is around a 60. I have zero NHL contracts in the AHL, the playoffs are coming, I have 11m in cap space, and I can't go offer a 76-78 a one year, 2m contract to fill the gap if Ryan White gets injured going into the playoffs? I'm not trying to pull anything shady. I'm trying to win, using the means available to me, within the rules, and the talk is of punishing me for this like I'm trying to, as you said, bury Ovechkin in the minors. I will do the math. It's fine. Just because you think it's too complicated doesn't mean I'm not willing to do it. I'm not going to sit and see if some 4th liner gets best lined and his 1m gets buried on a team that has 12m in space: That's a computer error. I'm looking for a team who starts the season with 3m, signing a UFA for 4m, because they can bury with impunity: That's wrong. And punishing teams for being conservative with their cap by either retarding their prospects or forcing them to anticipate injuries during the off-season is like going to the Antarctic to get ice for a party.

I for one didn't make an offer for Rask. I was going to give him a one year 3.4 million offer but I honestly didn't think that was going to be enough. I instead went for Jagr, thinking that wasn't going to be enough, so I went for Selanne.

I had 3.4 million in capspace, I didn't need a player, i wanted insurance. Rask was my first, but i though i couldn't get him, Jagr and Morrow were my second choices, again I didn't think 3.4 million would get them (i was wrong), instead I got Selanne. I wanted someone, thats the game we play with July 1.

To keep it easier to manage, what do you guys think about this.

Prior to start of season, sign whomever you want. Once we have access to our rosters then to sign a free agent you need to pm Coleman and let him know your intentions. He can check it out and verify you have adequate capspace without one way contracts in the minors, you can then sign the player. If you do have one way contracts in the minors, then you need to either pick one to offer to the league for a 7th round pick or not sign your UFA. This will make you decide if the UFA player is more valuable to you then the guy you buried. If the player is offered and no one grabs him, you keep both the player and the UFA. If multiple teams claim the player then he goes to the team worse in the standings.

If you don't PM Coleman first you get penalized.

This is a slight modification of Colemans proposal but done before the error occurs not after. It is imperative that we enforce this before the problem occurs and not try to backpedal after it has already occurred.

What do you all think about that?

Archived