The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 2[Taking Applications]

DollarAndADream

Manual Waivers?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the waiver situation, I think we should wait 24 hours and do a random draw. It makes more sense that way. It may be dicking around, but it's way more far.

If it was first come first serve, basically the people who are online at that time get first dibs. People all have lives outside of this thing.

Although, maybe I should make it first come first serve. If we are all in this sim together it makes sense that everyone should be checking on the league daily.

For the waiver situation, I think we should wait 24 hours and do a random draw. It makes more sense that way. It may be dicking around, but it's way more far.

If it was first come first serve, basically the people who are online at that time get first dibs. People all have lives outside of this thing.

Although, maybe I should make it first come first serve. If we are all in this sim together it makes sense that everyone should be checking on the league daily.

I personally would do midnight of the night the player was placed on waivers, and instead of random I'd go by the worst team in the league gets first dibs. If its before any games have been simmed than we use last year rankings.

If we do it this way all waiver claims should be pm'ed to the commissioner in private so that another team doesn't put in an offer just because they know a rival made a claim.

Thats fine the player and a 7th for a 7th.

About the first come first served approach, we'll let Trav decide. I honestly don't care either way. If we want to be fairest, we should wait for 24 hours, but then like you said we are dicking around. Either way, we just need some guidelines to follow.

It won't work. First of all we have to hope the team placing the player on waivers is online at the time of the random draw, and the team wanting that player is also online at the time of the random draw so they can complete the trade before the sim. We both know this is a long shot. Second of all we're dealing with marginal players here. It's Scott freakin Gomez type players we're talking about. Who cares. Just treat it as a trade.

It won't work. First of all we have to hope the team placing the player on waivers is online at the time of the random draw, and the team wanting that player is also online at the time of the random draw so they can complete the trade before the sim. We both know this is a long shot. Second of all we're dealing with marginal players here. It's Scott freakin Gomez type players we're talking about. Who cares. Just treat it as a trade.

Waiver Rules:

If a player is placed on waivers, every GM has 24 hours to put in a claim via PM to the Commissioner. The team lowest in the standings will then get said player. This player cannot be traded in the same year you claim him.

I will not be waiting for both teams to make the trade for the claim before I sim. I will still be simming nightly. Try to get the claim done ASAP.

Since I made a trade with the commish (DAAD who is the Devils GM), he said that I can announce it.....

To Winnipeg:

- Mark Fayne ($1.3 M)

To New Jersey:

- Dean Suter (not under contract)

- WPG 2014 4th

Good deal for both teams..... The Devils were looking to move Fayne who had fell out of favour and was sent down to the minors and the Jets wanted a #6 right shot defenceman.

Archived