The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shane Doan re-signs with Coyotes - 4 years, $5.3m per w/ a $2m bonus

Strombone1

I can't believe I'am saying this but I kind of respect the fact that he choose to accept a measly $5 million dollars per year to live in a beautiful valley desert as compared to a coastal paradise because his [fill in the blank] meant more to him than the extra $8 mil and a shot at hockey's holy grail ... wait ... confu ... :frantic:

Burrows is a better player and a better cap hit. Not that that was the choice being made... But kind of...

Doan: Kind of relieved, but wondering if he would have been good enough for the first 2 years to compensate sucking the last 2.... If we can get a young player to step up this year ... I mean in feb... Hard season to break into...

I can't believe I'am saying this but I kind of respect the fact that he choose to accept a measly $5 million dollars per year to live in a beautiful valley desert as compared to a coastal paradise because his [fill in the blank] meant more to him than the extra $8 mil and a shot at hockey's holy grail ... wait ... confu ... :frantic:

Personally, i'm blaming all those so-called 'insiders' and other bsing bloggers for trolling us once again, only for it all to be worthless.

Y'know, you can blame us for following it, but the thing is a lot of us are writing it as well. It's a perfect shticane storm to create intersht traffic for you know what.

I know a lot of people thought he would leave Coyotes. I know a lot of people thought he would sign with a team that has a better chance at winning the cup, but to be honest I am quite happy to see him stay. Don't get me wrong I love the guy. I would have been happy for us to get him even for up to $6M. What I love about his signing is that it shows that the game still has genuine classy loyal players. With money being thrown around at players like it the GM's grow it in their backyards it's nice to see a guy stay loyal and remain with the only franchise he has ever been with no matter what the cirumstance - in this case a team that has management issues still and still needing a bit of work to be considered a cup contender. Truly hope he wins the cup one day with the Coyotes....after everything he has given to the franchise it is time for them to reward him with that at the very least.

I know a lot of people thought he would leave Coyotes. I know a lot of people thought he would sign with a team that has a better chance at winning the cup, but to be honest I am quite happy to see him stay. Don't get me wrong I love the guy. I would have been happy for us to get him even for up to $6M. What I love about his signing is that it shows that the game still has genuine classy loyal players. With money being thrown around at players like it the GM's grow it in their backyards it's nice to see a guy stay loyal and remain with the only franchise he has ever been with no matter what the cirumstance - in this case a team that has management issues still and still needing a bit of work to be considered a cup contender. Truly hope he wins the cup one day with the Coyotes....after everything he has given to the franchise it is time for them to reward him with that at the very least.

Archived