Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[proposal] van min chi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Here's a rough outline of a 3way trade I've been thinking about.

Minnisotas defense isn't that great after suter so I was thinking about a possible trade with us them and Chicago.

To min - hjalmersson and Ballard

To Chi - luongo

To van - clutterbuck, bolland and Brett Bulmer

Clutterbuck is a fan favorite but with the recent retooling minni just did, they need to shore up their blueline to start contending. They get a you dman in hjalmersson and hometown boy Ballard who should thrive being back home. They get 2 usefull dmen for cal and prospect Brett Bulmer

Chicago gets their goaltender for bolland and hjalmersson who almost becomes expendable with their depth there. I'm not sure about the value here they might want a draft pick or another player aswell.

Now I know this doesn't add anything to our top six but it does give us a different look without overhauling our core. I know we all hate bolland but a 3rd line of him clutterbuck and Hansen would be dynamite in the playoffs. We instantly get twice as hard to play against and have a shutdown line capable of winning the cup.

I feel all 3 teams are addressing team weaknesses and giving quality for quality. Thoughts? Feel free to swap out pieces and make constructive changes

#2 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Sounds like a decent proposal. Not sure how willingly Minny would to trade a fan fav.

Edited by Dancin'Droid, 14 September 2012 - 07:18 PM.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#3 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sounds like a decent proposal. Not sure how willingly Minny would to trade a fan fav.

Yeah I know what you mean it sucks giving up a guy like clutterbuck cus he's they're burrows in a sense. But they do improve greatly and get 2 quality defenseman they really need and also bring a minni boy in Ballard back home. 2 good players they really need for one good 3rd liner and a prospect. I thought it was pretty fair and fixed their major weakness

#4 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,270 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

No way that happens. Bolland? No.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#5 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Agree .. Bolland .. just saying his name leaves a bad after-taste ..

Edited by Tearloch7, 14 September 2012 - 07:36 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#6 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

I'm willing to put my bitterness aside to improve the team by maximizing Luongos value and bringing in 2 impact players to win now but also young enough to make an impact in the future. also were dumping ballards contract to a team that needs him in the as well

#7 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,270 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm willing to put my bitterness aside to improve the team by maximizing Luongos value and bringing in 2 impact players to win now but also young enough to make an impact in the future. also were dumping ballards contract to a team that needs him in the as well

You might be but who says the team would be?

Bolland's a very good 3rd line center but for $3.375M it might be too much. Remember when Manny was signed and and people were balking at $2.5M?

Clutterbuck would be hard to get, and we already have lots of players in our bottom six so I don't see why we'd go after him, let alone him and Bolland. And then add in Bulmer who doesn't project as high as Kassian or Jensen.

Really it doesn't make sense for the return you're suggesting.

#8 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Good proposal except...I know,I know....Nobody likes Bolland . Maybe try to tweak it and give us Saad???
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#9 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

bolland............no way he comin' here <_<

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL medium.jpg CDCSTHS

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#10 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

You might be but who says the team would be?

Bolland's a very good 3rd line center but for $3.375M it might be too much. Remember when Manny was signed and and people were balking at $2.5M?

Clutterbuck would be hard to get, and we already have lots of players in our bottom six so I don't see why we'd go after him, let alone him and Bolland. And then add in Bulmer who doesn't project as high as Kassian or Jensen.

Really it doesn't make sense for the return you're suggesting.

I see your points for sure.. Bolland is a big question mark as far as the team goes. I think they're all grown men and professionals though and if he was brought in they would get passed it and try and win hockey games.

The way I'm looking at it is gillis says he wants players that make us a better team. He doesn't want to dump luongo for guys that won't help us. Getting an impact top 6 guy for luongo is going to be tough. That why I propose bolland and clutterbuck. Both guys that will make an impact every night and big time playoff type guys.

Sure we do have alot of top 9 versatility guys but that can be dealt with in other deals. This gives us a chance to add 2 impact players and change the look of our team a bit. I think if we're gonna win in this window we got to switch it up a bit and get harder to play against.

Ur point about clutterbuck being hard to get is definitely valid but I felt as if they might be willing to part with him for 2 quality dmen they desperately need.

Your point about bollands cap hit is also valid but my argument there is he is worth every penny if he can be as effective as he was in Chicago. With the savings we have in all the hometown discounts I feel we can afford a top 3rd line center at that price.

Finally Bulmer, I wouldn't write him off as a prospect. He's a solid player that was one of the last players sent down early in the season last year. He looks like a sure fire nhler to me and hails from bc

Your entire argument is valid but I look at it differently. Getting these guys would give us that Rick solid bottom six that every team that's won the cup in the last ten yrs has had

#11 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Good proposal except...I know,I know....Nobody likes Bolland . Maybe try to tweak it and give us Saad???

When I was pondering the proposal I thought about him but I think Chicago is too high on him. If the deal gets done with him instead I'd be all for it. If we did get him I'd try and get a different prospect or player from minni instead of Bulmer who is another winger.

Here's another idea, if chi is really high on saad maybe they would part with stahlberg instead.

#12 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

bolland............no way he comin' here <_<

I'm sure 99% of us said the same thing bout Messier and how did that turn out?

#13 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

bolland is a very effective 3rd line center but he will never play for this team
Posted Image

#14 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,270 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm sure 99% of us said the same thing bout Messier and how did that turn out?

Horribly, which is a good reason not to do it again.

#15 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Chicago says no

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#16 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

God if we had Bolland, Lapierre, and Burrows...

Either way, Minny isn't getting fair value, it would take a lot to get them to trade Clutterbuck, and Bulmer is looking like a promising prospect as well. They wouldn't trade them for that return.

Jagermeister.jpg

#17 rafterman

rafterman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Did you consider the Wild's cap situation even one bit when putting this together ? You just added over $6mil to their payroll when they're only $1.3 mil below the current cap. This puts them waaaaaaaay over.

I don't think the Wild would be completely against trading Clutterbuck, but Bulmer is the one that's waiting in the wings replace him if he goes. I don't see both of them being dealt.

#18 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,216 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Clutterbuck - Bolland - Burrows

How annoying would that line be to play against

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#19 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Don't even want Bolland.

That's like putting Burrows or Lappy on the Bruins. Yeah, that's going to go over well.
Posted Image

#20 ~ V ~

~ V ~

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Excellent proposal OP. Sad how people are complaining and saying 'no' cause it's Bolland coming our way.

This trade makes sense for all parties involved. I love the deal especially cause it fills every teams needs, thus maximizing Lu's value and getting us a very good return as we get rid of 2 big contracts Bolland is a top 6 player and so is Clutterbuck. Say what you want about Bolland, but whatever helps us win and he does just that....the guy single handily shutdown the Sedin's 2, almost 3!, years in a row in the post-season and has good offensive instinct as well. His antics are successful and it's a big reasob why Chicago won the Cup. Clutterbuck is more of a 3rd liner and he is just a solid player. Nothing fancy, just hardworking and always hits in every game. As OP said, come playoffs, they'd kill and put us over the top + this helps us in the present and future as Bolland is young, and we get a good prospect - a very good hockey trade.

Only negative I see is with Ballard gone, our defensive depth is poor but some FA signings would do the trick.

Go to work, Get married, Have some kids, Pay your taxes, Pay your bills, Watch your TV, Follow fashion, Act normal,

OBEY THE LAW and Repeat after me: I AM FREE.

#21 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

thats actually a very good proposal
Posted Image

#22 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Excellent proposal OP. Sad how people are complaining and saying 'no' cause it's Bolland coming our way.

This trade makes sense for all parties involved. I love the deal especially cause it fills every teams needs, thus maximizing Lu's value and getting us a very good return as we get rid of 2 big contracts Bolland is a top 6 player and so is Clutterbuck. Say what you want about Bolland, but whatever helps us win and he does just that....the guy single handily shutdown the Sedin's 2, almost 3!, years in a row in the post-season and has good offensive instinct as well. His antics are successful and it's a big reasob why Chicago won the Cup. Clutterbuck is more of a 3rd liner and he is just a solid player. Nothing fancy, just hardworking and always hits in every game. As OP said, come playoffs, they'd kill and put us over the top + this helps us in the present and future as Bolland is young, and we get a good prospect - a very good hockey trade.

Only negative I see is with Ballard gone, our defensive depth is poor but some FA signings would do the trick.

Thanks haha

My goal with this proposal was to try to maximize Luongos value and find a more creative way to to deal him like gillis said.. I could see a team hurting on defense making a 3way trade with us and Chicago to maximize his value. We're both pretty deep on defense so a top 4 defenseman going from Chicago to another team is the starting point. We should be able to get a good player that can help us for someone like hjalmersson. Then see what other pieces can be moved around to help all teams.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.