Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Canucks had trade in place for Burrows in Feb. 2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

#32 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

I wonder if we would have 'slayed the dragon' if he was traded. I mean, we probably would (hopefully) but wonder who it would've been. Can't ever imagine #14 in a different jersey.

Burrows doesn't score super often. But when he does score, it's always a clutch goal. Alex 'Clutch' Burrows.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#33 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

http://www.theprovin...9658/story.html

it's an article from last night before Burrows was signed, but:

but what? I really don't get your point with posting this....it's old news.....who cares what shoulda, woulda, coulda, happened in 2009, Burrows has signed on for another 4 years! now,in 2012..... that is what is news, very good news :towel:

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

8_9_18.gifRIP PAT QUINN

#34 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Chris Higgins maybe?
Sig too big.

#35 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Those are correct , it was the situation where Burke was accused of tampering because he publically said Bieksa had been offered to Tampa

The trade components are correct. But Burke didn't exactly "publicly say" the components. Leafs TV filmed a documentory of the Leafs draft day. Of course Burke and his staff are going to be discussing trade offers on draft day. Particularly if it's a piece they're also pursuing. The producer/director of the documentary left that particular discussion in when it should have been edited out. Burke only received a warning for the incident as he had no direct involvement in documentary and didn't know they included a sensitive conversation in the final cut for airing.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#36 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

if burrows left im pretty sure av would have gotten the boot
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#37 PlanB

PlanB

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

It was probably a pretty good offer if we even considered trading Burr, too bad we will never know what it was.
Regardless, I'm glad he's still a Canuck, and will be for a long time to come.

I'm a big fan of #14 and hope he's a Canuck for his entire career, but there's no guarantees he's a Canuck for the duration of his new contract. Now that he's signed long-term to what is arguably a very reasonable salary for what he brings to the team, I see him as one of the most tradeable guys on the roster unfortunately. I'm not saying I want him traded (quite the opposite actually), but look at it from a management standpoint, Sedin's, Kesler, Booth, Raymond, all untradeable so to speak due to NTC or sheer uselessness. This makes Burrows prime trade bait unfortunately - he's unprotected due to not having a NTC - of course this all goes out the window if he in fact does have a NTC but according to capgeek he doesn't. I am really surprised Burrows didn't push for a NTC considering where he is in his career, this being the only team he's ever played for, and his admitted love for the team/city - but who knows what went on during the negotiations - Burrows is finally gettin' PAID and good for him!
Posted Image

#38 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

but what? I really don't get your point with posting this....it's old news.....who cares what shoulda, woulda, coulda, happened in 2009, Burrows has signed on for another 4 years! now,in 2012..... that is what is news, very good news :towel:

What's wrong with his post? I found it informative and interesting. If you don't care what happened in the past don't read it.

There's a lockout going on. What exactly should we be talking about that's new post worthy? I appreciate your optimism, and having optimism is great, as long as it doesn't come with narrow-mindedness. ;)
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#39 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,149 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm a big fan of #14 and hope he's a Canuck for his entire career, but there's no guarantees he's a Canuck for the duration of his new contract. Now that he's signed long-term to what is arguably a very reasonable salary for what he brings to the team, I see him as one of the most tradeable guys on the roster unfortunately. I'm not saying I want him traded (quite the opposite actually), but look at it from a management standpoint, Sedin's, Kesler, Booth, Raymond, all untradeable so to speak due to NTC or sheer uselessness. This makes Burrows prime trade bait unfortunately - he's unprotected due to not having a NTC - of course this all goes out the window if he in fact does have a NTC but according to capgeek he doesn't. I am really surprised Burrows didn't push for a NTC considering where he is in his career, this being the only team he's ever played for, and his admitted love for the team/city - but who knows what went on during the negotiations - Burrows is finally gettin' PAID and good for him!

It seems you weren't paying attention when Burrows got re-signed. His 4 year, $4.5 per deal includes a FULL NTC, which means he cannot be traded unless he is asked to be traded. Also, I'm not sure why you think a guy like Booth can't be traded. Of course I don't want him to be traded, but if a team like Pittsburgh offered a 1st round pick in this years draft for Booth, I wouldn't think twice about it and accept it.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.