Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zombieksa

[Opinion] Sedin Retirement.

278 members have voted

1. 1. What happens to the Sedins after their contract ends?

• Retire from the NHL. Go play in Sweden.
    • Sign a contract with a different NHL team with high Stanley Cup hopes.
    • Sign a multi year deal with the Canucks.
    • Sign a single year deal with the Canucks.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

66 posts in this topic

As we all know the Sedins' contracts of 6.1M a season expires after the 2013-2014 season, on the verge of turning 34 years old.

At this point a few things will have happened:

- Both Sedins will have played 13 seasons in the NHL, all with the Vancouver Canucks.

- Both Sedins will more than likely be 1st and 2nd in franchise scoring.

- Both Sedins will more than likely be 2nd and 3rd in franchise games played.

- Both Sedins will continue to be 1st and 2nd in Assists for the franchise.

- Daniel Sedin will possibly be 1st in goals scored for the franchise, as well as 1st in PP goals.

So with all of these accolades acquired along with several individual awards each, and a desire to both retire Canucks, and finish their careers with MODO in Sweden, do you believe that the Sedins will retire regardless of a Stanley Cup win or not?

Do you think they have a multi-year contract in mind to continue playing in the NHL? Or do you think they possibly sign a 1 year deal?

Edit: For the argument of placing all relevant possibilities in the poll, I added the Sedins going to another team.

2 year deal for cheap because they want to win the cup. By this time Gaunce Jensen Connoughton Schroder and Kassian will all be ripping up the NHL.

They'll sign a multi year contract and end their careers with the canuck they'll then turn into coaches for modo and then they'll groom the number 30th pick in the draft who could go into the canucks hands surpassing the sedins.

They'll probably stick around until their late 30's, and finish their career with a year or 2 for MoDo.

I think they'll sign a two or three year extension and then retire once that's up, unless one of them gets a career-ending injury...then the other one will retire

I'm thinking they'll play till they are 38. So I'm thinking a 4 year deal at about 4.5 mil (Cap hit depends on the Lockout.) They'll retire as Canucks and will be 1st line players for another 4-5 years.

Exactly, to think that these two wont make the NHL is ridiculous. Yes maybe Schroeder is debatable due to his lack of size, but the other 4 listed are locks for the NHL eventually.

Sign a multi year deal with the Canucks. Maybe 2 years.

If we continue to let them get manhandled and cheap shotted(sp?)they won't last another 4 yrs past their current contract

Since it is up to them, I won't presume to say, but I sure as hell hope it is to re-up with the Nucks.

I think they'll sign a 2 or 3 year deal and go from there.

they'll ink a two-three year heavily front-loaded (if allowed under new cba) contract. they'll play those years out and retire as canucks. both jerseys will be raised to the rafters and a feeling of overwhelming joy yet bitter sadness will engulf the canucks faithful. the only caveat will be the fact the two jerseys will share the same airspace as the two stanley cup banners they helped bring to vancouver.