The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Opinion] Sedin Retirement.

zombieksa

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the twins will sign long term - no movement clause, NTC, front-loaded contract. they will play here until they retire. and honestly we are lucky they love to play for vancouver. what a sad day it would be when they both retire, yes, i totally agree.

Sign them for 2 years, and for cheap. Have them play dimished 2nd/3rd line roles but play them on the PP. They are fantastic players who I for one, want to see finish their careers here in VAN. Even if their trade value is high, keeping them would be a great move for the Canucks as an organization. Maybe they'll go into management :P

I don't see the Sedins dropping below 1st line production for at least another few years. They don't play a particularly bruising style of hockey so they could definitely be productive into their mid and even late 30s. Sign them to a multi-year contract at a fair price, they're worth it.

We've been very lucky to have two of the most elite playmakers in the game to cheer for the last few years.

Edit: I also don't think the Sedins will leave Vancouver unless they get traded. They seem very committed to the team and they've carved out a great career / life here. If they have a choice to stay, I think they will.

Sign them for 2 years, and for cheap. Have them play dimished 2nd/3rd line roles but play them on the PP. They are fantastic players who I for one, want to see finish their careers here in VAN. Even if their trade value is high, keeping them would be a great move for the Canucks as an organization. Maybe they'll go into management :P

Have you ever left a positive post on this forum? Everything I have ever seen you post is a negative/ troll response saying how we will always suck and fail. What's the point? To gain a reaction from us? Because that is trolling. Your posts also never add anything to the discussion, except your one point: "We suck and always will".

Oh and to the OP... I don't even want to think about a possible Sedin retirement in the future. At this point they look like they could play forever... (sadly that is not the reality).

As mentioned by others in the thread, we as fans cannot take the Sedins for granted.

But I think this applies more to the Canucks organization. If MG isn't going to acquire anyone to protect the Sedins (doesn't look like he will) he better hope that Kassian develops in time to become a strong, intimidating force on the ice while the Sedins haven't suffered serious injuries yet. We don't really have any dominating centres in the system (Schroeder has the talent but not the size) to replace Henrik and I don't think Jensen or Kassian will become elite wingers in the league (I would love to be wrong though!).

**Of course, we could end up acquiring an elite player (through trade, draft, free agency) in the future**

THE Sedins play a slow game, which is why they will be able to stay healthy. Just should stay away from D. Keith and/or that Oiler....what's his name? ;-)

We should enjoy their stay in Vancouver! It will take a while before talent like that will be available to us

Archived