58 replies to this topic

#31 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Not that I have ever done it but generally our fans tend to boo the best goaltender we have ever had, and make stupid sarcastic cheers at times when he is having an off-game. We blame him for the cup loss even though in the crucial game 7 we were shut-out. We don't appreciate a good thing, which is what we have right now.
Posted Image

#32 FullMetalOilDrum

FullMetalOilDrum

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'm not trying to troll you guys but there is a difference that is not a good one. Please don't take this as offensive. You guys (not all but most) complain a lot. Whether it be the reffs or your own goalie, a fan needs to scapegoat someone for not winning a championship. Another reason is when you look at fans from other teams who you label "classless" (ex Bruin fans) you are being awfully hypocritical. All this being said I have a good friend in Edmonton who is a Canuck fan. We get along very well and enjoy talking about hockey and respect each other's favorite team dispite their rivalry. As for the bandwagoners? There's plenty of those but that's the case for any team that wins a lot of games.
Respect my favorite team, and I will respect yours.

#33 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Nothing, we just seem to have more bandwagoners and irrational fans than most

#34 JHansenFan

JHansenFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

When we win... everyone is a god.

When we lose.... TRADEZZZ EVERYONEZZZ #!#(@*&^E&*!&^%!^&!T!!?!?!?!?!!!@#

Posted Image
Sick Sig Made By: allons-y

#35 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Another reason is when you look at fans from other teams who you label "classless" (ex Bruin fans) you are being awfully hypocritical.

Uh yeah, your going to use Bruins fans as an example? The same fans that called Ward the "N" word and the same fans that booed Raymond after his back was broke. Don't get me started on the Rat and his run at Salo and using Daniel as a punching bag to describe classless...

Edited by SNACanuck, 16 September 2012 - 10:13 PM.

Basking in the Southern California sun... and smog!

#36 thehun

thehun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

cody hodgson 9 - Canuck fans are so far from being the most obsessed. Go to Europe and watch a hockey game, football game, or pretty much any other sport and they trump North American fans. This excludes the ultra fans that usually cause trouble.

There are no difference between fans in North America of teams except for the teams they cheer for.

#37 thehun

thehun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm not trying to troll you guys but there is a difference that is not a good one. Please don't take this as offensive. You guys (not all but most) complain a lot. Whether it be the reffs or your own goalie, a fan needs to scapegoat someone for not winning a championship. Another reason is when you look at fans from other teams who you label "classless" (ex Bruin fans) you are being awfully hypocritical. All this being said I have a good friend in Edmonton who is a Canuck fan. We get along very well and enjoy talking about hockey and respect each other's favorite team dispite their rivalry. As for the bandwagoners? There's plenty of those but that's the case for any team that wins a lot of games.

I think you are taking the comments on here and assuming most Canuck fans are like that. Remember the amount of people on here is but a drop in the hat how many Canuck fans there are. Also remember that the majority of the people on this site have barely hit puberty and complain about everything. Act like they are owed something. They make us passionate fans that are not blinded by their maturity. Keep in mind that all teams have fans like that.

#38 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Every Oilers fan I've ever met has been a drunk. Does that mean all of them are drunks?

?

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 17 September 2012 - 12:39 AM.

Posted Image

#39 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

The Oilers have far fewer fans than the Canucks. Most of BC cheers for the Nucks, while Alberta is split between Flames and Oilers. So you can magnify the obnoxious fans times 3 (or more). Also, as mentioned before, this forum is not a good representation of the Canuck fan base. Here you will find the extremes of whatever annoys you.

#40 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hey Everyone,

I've been a canuck fan for a long time, I've seen the 'Nucks go all the way to game seven on three occasions and have always been loyal to the team in between those years.

My question is;

What makes Vancouver Canuck fans different from other team fans? What differentiates 'Nucks fans from Leafs fans, Habs fan, and any other team's fans out there?

Why are we so different, if in fact we are? I believe we are different, but I'm curious as to what other think about this.

We never made it to game 7 in '82.
We are all Canucks

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!
"I'll play on one leg, I don't care" - Ryan Kesler
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#41 Ethorto

Ethorto

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Unlike the fans of the other teams, we cheer for the Canucks.
"No one here gets out alive" - The Doors

#42 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

post this on a Bruins/Blackhawks/Flames/Kings/Almostanyotherteam's message board (make sure they know you're a canucks fan).

Drink every time the word riot is posted

Chicago, LA, Montreal, have all had riots (which were worse)...and Boston has actually had more of them. Drink every time you use the word hypocrite.

#43 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Chicago, LA, Montreal, have all had riots (which were worse)...and Boston has actually had more of them. Drink every time you use the word hypocrite.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#44 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

lol

OK if you include race riots and revolutions, sure, but i think (not sure about this) Hawks, Kings and Bruins fans have never rioted in regards to their hockey teams

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#45 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Every Oilers fan I've ever met has been a drunk. Does that mean all of them are drunks?

?

Yes. Yes it does.

As to the topic; there's a difference between 'Vancouver' fans and 'Canuck' fans...

#46 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

Like ever team, the Canucks have a whole legion of bandwagon fans, extreme fans on both sides of the spectrum, and then some knowledgeable, level-headed fans who are not only genuine fans of their team, but also fans of hockey in general.

The fans who are only fans of the Canucks but aren't actually fans of hockey (don't watch other teams or know much about the league or other teams) seem to be the worst fans.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#47 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

1) Our fans make the worst trade proposals.....just kidding, I'm sure many other team fans do.

2) We all know about Aaron Rome's greatness.
Sig too big.

#48 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

lol

OK if you include race riots and revolutions, sure, but i think (not sure about this) Hawks, Kings and Bruins fans have never rioted in regards to their hockey teams

Why would they? All those city's view hockey as a second if not third tier sport. If it were the World Series or NBA championship, things might be a bit different.
:towel:

#49 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Bandwagoneers seem to be the bulk of Canuck fans. Their pathetic inability to recognize a good thing when they see it and giving in too easily to child-like impatience.

Can't wait to hear the next excuse on why they should kill their ginger god next season.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#50 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

We're mostly comprised of bandwagoners and people who pick the goalie as the scapegoat, unfortunately.

I totally agree. The Leafs don't have the bandwagoning problem lol
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#51 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

My question is: What is a bandwagoner?

#52 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

lol

Montreal Canadiens in '55
Chicago White Sox in '79
Detroit Tigers in '84
Boston Red Sox in '07
and of course...the European soccer leagues.

It happens.

#53 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Canuck fans just want to get their 1st stanley cup in their franchise. Imagine being the only team left in the NHL that has never had a stanley cup in their franchise? That would really suck. There's a couple of teams with no cups in their franchises: Canucks, Blues, Sabres, Jackets, Capitals, Sharks, Panthers, Jets, Coyotes, Predators, and Wilds. If all of them win a cup before the Canucks win their 1st, imagine how our fanbase will be. The Kings were part of this list until they won it this past spring.

There are quite a few teams that have one a cup but haven't won a cup since before we were even a team. So I'm sure it sucks just as much to them as it does to us.

#54 thehun

thehun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Like ever team, the Canucks have a whole legion of bandwagon fans, extreme fans on both sides of the spectrum, and then some knowledgeable, level-headed fans who are not only genuine fans of their team, but also fans of hockey in general.

The fans who are only fans of the Canucks but aren't actually fans of hockey (don't watch other teams or know much about the league or other teams) seem to be the worst fans.

I watch the Canucks and team Canada exclusively. I am not one of those fans. I am sure you do not know every fan that watches just the canucks. Please don't lump me in with the idiot fans.

#55 thehun

thehun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Montreal Canadiens in '55
Chicago White Sox in '79
Detroit Tigers in '84
Boston Red Sox in '07
and of course...the European soccer leagues.

It happens.

Don't forget that when the closer for Philly in baseball gave up the home run to carter when the blue jays won the MLB final he had to sleep with a gun under his pillow because of all the threats on his life... Now I don't remember that ever happening in Vancouver, or any Canadian hockey city. I consider that just as bad, if not worse.

#56 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

There are quite a few teams that have one a cup but haven't won a cup since before we were even a team. So I'm sure it sucks just as much to them as it does to us.

no. it sucks way more never to have won it........ever

Edited by winacup, 18 September 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Posted Image

#57 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

We are the best!!
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#58 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

My question is: What is a bandwagoner?

Also known as a fair weather fan. A person who is only a fan as long as the team is winning. Or becomes a fan simply because a team is winning. During the late 90's when the team was losing the fans disappeared and there was talk the team may be relocated. The WCE emerges as one of the best lines in hockey and suddenly you can't find a Canuck ticket. Bandwagoners.
Posted Image

#59 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

We are the most obssesed fams on the planet

We're definitely not.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.