The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top moment in gaming?

Alchemy Time

Too many to count but some off the top of my head

Getting a frostwrym mount in Wrath of the Lich King

Beating Mass Effect 2 insanity as an adept and vanguard

Beating Resident Evil 4 with just the Samurai Edge Pistol

End of Final Fantasy 8 (thought the end was going to suck and was pleased they proved me wrong)

Anything Lunar gives me a case of the goofy grins.

Winning a super tournament amongst a ton of friends at NHL 94 on genesis. (Next time they set me up with a girl so I couldn't make it, hah)

Winning a 6 on me attempt at a gank in freelancer online.

getting that first "100% complete" in all GTA games from GTA3 to present

This is a difficult question actually. I've played so many damn games, I don't recall which moment is at the top for me.

The most recent would probably be the first time I booted up Oblivion. The graphics at the time were absolutely stunning.

I also remembering being in awe watching some of the cut scenes in Metal Gear Solid 4, and I was never a fan of the series before that.

But above anything else, it would be in a little known game that I'm sure little to none of you have ever heard of, let alone played. The game was "It Came From The Desert" for the Commodore 64. And every time you have to escape from the hospital because you were attacked by a giant ant or got in a car crash. The most fun in gaming I ever had.

I'm far more into single player gaming over multiplayer, but all my favourite moments come from times when I'm playing games with people that are in the same room as me. Goldeneye, Left 4 Dead 1, Age of Empires 2, Mortal Kombat, whatever really.

Mostly Left 4 Dead 1, because it's hilarious what happens when crap begins to break down, and you're immediately facing up to the same people you failed to help. lol. Gotta love local multiplayer.

With respect to single player experiences, I would previously have answered with moments from Mass Effect 1 and 2, but because of just how meaningless those are now, I'll list a few others instead

- Starfox 64, defeating Andross' true form after the first time I managed to take the successfully take the left hand route the whole way

- Fallout New Vegas, when I walked into Nipton, saw that the Legion had murdered everyone, and then directly challenged and defeated their small army with my low level character.

- Ocarina of Time, standing in the castle rubble with Zelda after defeating Ganon. It just felt epic.

- Dragon Age Origins, when finally killing Arl Howe (as I was a Cousland)

Ooh! Almost forgot.

Resident Evil 4. The ruins level fighting Jack Krauser.

Krauser's only got a knife and I was supposed to have bullets but the previous level really kicked my a*s so I had no ammo. I had to take that fool on 1 on 1 in a knife fight. Barely pulled it off. Pretty epic though.

I keep thinking of great moments. In NFS Most Wanted, I was side-to-side at like 300 km/h (I play with km/h) with a cop Corvette while driving my BMW (The one you get at the end). I then moved a bit to the side and nudged the cop into an oncoming semi. I just missed the truck, he wasn't as lucky.

Archived