The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Romantic Poem

Salter

There is a girl that I like at my school and she told me last night that she likes me, and I've been thinking and I like her too. We haven't known each other for very long but I thought, I should ask her out.

So tomorrow evening we are going for a walk together and one of my buddies said I should write a poem for her so I wrote this.

Your eyes are the stars,

Your laugh is a symphony,

Your smile makes me glad,

That you're here right next to me.

Now I've just been wondering,

'Cause it may be fate,

Is there any chance,

That you would like to date?

I know it's pretty bad, cheesy, and probably a dumb idea but I wanted to know if you guys think I should do it or not. She did tell me she likes me so it's not that risky but I wanted your guys' opinions. Please don't bash me for the poem haha,

***UPDATE***

It worked! Thanks everyone!

There is a girl that I like at my school and she told me last night that she likes me, and I've been thinking and I like her too. We haven't known each other for very long but I thought, I should ask her out.

So tomorrow evening we are going for a walk together and one of my buddies said I should write a poem for her so I wrote this.

Your eyes are the stars,

'Cause it may be fate,

Is there any chance,

I know it's pretty bad, cheesy, and probably a dumb idea but I wanted to know if you guys think I should do it or not. She did tell me she likes me so it's not that risky but I wanted your guys' opinions. Please don't bash me for the poem haha,

Ah, young love. B)

Cheesy is good....because at least it's sincere. Girls like poetry, especially the kind that tells them how much you like them, how pretty they are, and how lucky you are to be in their company.

Good start. Don't worry, you'll get better in time.

All the best.

Your eyes are the stars,

'Cause it may be fate,

Is there any chance,

Archived