20 replies to this topic

#1 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

@plysenkov - Metallurg right now signed contracts with Malkin and Gonchar.

https://twitter.com/...220104205582336

Small stuff for now, but I'm watching as the exodus begins.

A reminder for what this means for the KHL and locked-out players:

That means that if clubs are looking to sign non-Russian NHL players, they must have played in either 150 NHL games, on national teams, in the KHL previously or won a Stanley Cup or individual trophy.

The rules will go into effect the day the NHL announces the lockout and be enforced until the situation is resolved. Owners maintain that they'll lock out the NHLPA on Sept. 15.

http://aol.sportingn...y-crosby-russia

Edited by Common sense, 15 September 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#2 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:56 PM

think Crosby was planning to head over there too. I wouldn't come back if I were them the NHL is a complete joke

#3 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

think Crosby was planning to head over there too. I wouldn't come back if I were them the NHL is a complete joke

If Crosby suffered a concussion in the KHL, they would haul him off on a blanket, give him some tylenol then force him to play the next period. That's if he survives the plane trips. Sadly from what I've heard, I'm not even really joking.

Edited by hsedin33, 16 September 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#4 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

The way to end this lockout is for the players to sign contracts effective 30th September in other leagues and not have "out" clauses back to the NHL.

If Sept 30th passed, then the NHL loses all those players for the year. I suspect that a deal gets done pretty darn quick to avoid that. Imagine no Swedes or Russians in the league plus all the other folks that can sign as foreign players in Europe.

It won't happen of course, but don't be surprised to see a player led mini-tour around the major markets maybe a "friendly" 5 team USA/Canada/Sweden/Russia/World tournament.

Edited by Provost, 16 September 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#5 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

POPULAR

If Crosby suffered a concussion in the KHL, they would haul him off on a blanket, give him some tylenol then force him to play the next period. That's if he survives the plane trips. Sadly from what I've heard, I'm not even really joking.

You had to ruin it with that classless comment about 'surviving plane trips'. If you'd omitted that you'd have me and others agreeing with you, but instead I hope everyone here will join me when I say:

you are vile.

#6 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

Does ur mommy know ur posting that stuff.......
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#7 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Malkin is a beast. What a great player. Too bad we don't get KHL games in English over here. If they did it would fill a huge void.

Maybe TSN or SNET should look into doing this. I'd watch for sure.

#8 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Vityaz Chekhov could spell disaster for Malkin's career.

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#9 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

POPULAR

You had to ruin it with that classless comment about 'surviving plane trips'. If you'd omitted that you'd have me and others agreeing with you, but instead I hope everyone here will join me when I say:

you are vile.

Touchy much? This is the internet, buddy, get used to it.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#10 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Malkin and Gonchar were buds in pitts together before Gonchar left.... not surprised they signed together in the KHL
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#11 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

should be a few signings today in the KHL

#12 The Läck Ness Monster

The Läck Ness Monster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Too soon with the plane trip part, buddy

you are vile.

^Beat me to it

Edited by Jumbotron92, 16 September 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#13 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Anyone think a few of those KHL games could be shown on Sportsnet or TSN? Maybe some AHL games?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#14 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

you are vile.

Too soon with the plane trip part, buddy

^Beat me to it

The facts are the facts. The planes and their pilots are not safe and It would be an injustice to the victims to not mention it. Would you feel safe flying in their planes? I sure as hell wouldn't. Would shoddy maintenece of planes and their pilots play a factor in a decision to go play in the KHL? I might think so.

Edited by hsedin33, 16 September 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#15 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Don't know how this turned into an argument over KHL planes and if it's okay to talk about them. The fact is the NHL is a better league over the KHL BUT KHL commissioner > Bettman everyday of the week.

If I were Russian players I don't think I'd come back.

#16 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Playing in the KHL is quite alluring. Crazy salaries, no taxes, less hitting. For guys like Malkin and Gonchar who have already won a cup, why even come back to the NHL?

Didn't Jagr get 10 million per year when he played there? I can assume Malkin will get around 13-15 million. That is almost double what he makes here, and completely tax free.

#17 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Playing in the KHL is quite alluring. Crazy salaries, no taxes, less hitting. For guys like Malkin and Gonchar who have already won a cup, why even come back to the NHL?

Didn't Jagr get 10 million per year when he played there? I can assume Malkin will get around 13-15 million. That is almost double what he makes here, and completely tax free.

I'm sure Malkin will come back once there's a new CBA. But just imagine how Penguins fans would react if he decided to stay...
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#18 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Anyone think a few of those KHL games could be shown on Sportsnet or TSN? Maybe some AHL games?

I wish they would show some games but the time difference makes it tough, who would watch them? They would start around noon in parts of Canada.

Edited by vancanfan, 16 September 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#19 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

You thought I was joking about being hauled off in a blanket instead of stretcher?

http://www.bigleague...n-hockey-league

!

In my opinion, the risk of injury is much higher in the KHL. Also, judging by a friend who was born and raised there, she says Russia is just a crappy place to work, live and would never go back. If your a big name player who already has millions and a long term contract, I just don't get why you would take a chance. To each their own.

#20 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Players signed under "NHL Lockout Rules" can only make 60% of their NHL salary in the KHL....
Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Writer and Vancouver Canucks Scout for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#21 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

Touchy much? This is the internet, buddy, get used to it.

I can't believe this has to be explained to some people, but for whatever reason a lot of you seem to think that just because "this is the internet, buddy," that their opinion is formally exempt to criticism. The plane comment was just a crappy thing to say, and people are bound to observe this, form opinions around it and comment based on the opinions that they have formed. Just because this is the internet and you are anonymous and you never have to face anyone you cross doesn't mean that "being a prick" =/= "being a prick," regardless of who you really are and how much you were joking. It's called tact, and the internet is as good a place as any to learn it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.