35 replies to this topic

#31 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

I don't know about that when I think of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Vietnam, Iraq..... Remember that they also sell weapons worldwide and are also capable of supporting dictators like Saddam Hussein. US has done the same damage as it has done good.

while i dont dispute that the US has plenty of wrong-doings among its list of accolades...I dont necessarily consider Hiroshima and Nagasaki a great attrocity. Unfortunate so many people lost thier lives when those cities were bombed...but i really dont think many people, outside of Japan, disagreed with the decision. It ended the war without an invasion. An invasion that would have led to many deaths as well. There was no peaceful solution at that time.

But like i said...there are plenty of other things to crticize the US about, i just dont agree dropping the A-bombs on Japan is one of them.

#32 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

ok.. I'm going to state what should be a rather obvious observation... an Italian court... investigating something that took place on US soil that they (Italy) had no connection to.

I think Judge Judy has more power to actually hold a criminal investigation than Italy

The Italian court called for an International criminal investigation. Italy woudn't be doing the investigation, most likely the UN or whatever governing bodies that deal with international crime. Perhaps the same people can investigate why the US was able to execute an illegal war with no consequences?

#33 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

hey world, JUST LET IT DIE.
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#34 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

The Italian court called for an International criminal investigation. Italy woudn't be doing the investigation, most likely the UN or whatever governing bodies that deal with international crime. Perhaps the same people can investigate why the US was able to execute an illegal war with no consequences?

Do you really think that the US is going to allow its sovereignity to get breached by the UN?

#35 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

I would put absolutely NOTHING past the Neo-con element in the US .. why do you think Cheney's first name is "Dick"??

dick Cheney is sooo powerful the guy Cheney shot in the face apolagized !

#36 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Do you really think that the US is going to allow its sovereignity to get breached by the UN?

Not a chance. Even if they did their would be no way they would find anything incriminating. In the severe off chance they did find something incriminating, good luck prosecuting them. The Italian supreme court did the right thing though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.