16 replies to this topic

#1 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

If we lose the wholes season to a lockout..who can play for the cup this year, I thought it was two senior teams in Canada?! Which two would it be?
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#2 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,268 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

What is this I dont even.

Edited by PlayStation, 16 September 2012 - 02:09 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#3 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

i don't even mind if they use replacement players.

Or

Throw 30 teams into a bucket and randomly pick 2 to compete for the Lord Stanley

Edited by Monteeun, 16 September 2012 - 02:15 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#4 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

If we lose the wholes season to a lockout..who can play for the cup this year, I thought it was two senior teams in Canada?! Which two would it be?

It's hard to understand what you're trying to say.

But just FYI, only NHL teams can win the cup.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,951 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hint: 2004/2005 season.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 Walking Paradox

Walking Paradox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Huh?

#7 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hint: 2004/2005 season.

Technically, in the case of a lockout, the cup can now be awarded to the top amateur team. In which league that team would be found I couldn't tell you, but that's apparently what happens. Supposedly the NHL lost exclusive rights to award the Stanley cup with the last lockout.

RIP LB RR PD

#8 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

So, the champions of the ahl, chl and the echl compete for the Stanley Cup?

To be honest, that would be kinda cool. Change things up a bit.

Edited by Monteeun, 16 September 2012 - 03:05 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#9 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

It's hard to understand what you're trying to say.

But just FYI, only NHL teams can win the cup.

I don't understand how your having a hard time understanding what I'm trying to say? I'm simply asking which two teams are eligible to compete for the Stanley cup? SimPle enough..The NHL lost its rights in 04/05, so the top two Canadian teams are allowed to compete, so who, and when!?

Edited by deized_kanuck604, 16 September 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#10 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Our national game is now being held hostage again by two powerhouse American lawyers. One with a background in Baseball and another with a background in Basketball. Neither one of these gentlemen gets what hockey means to Canadians.

They don't get what the Cup means to our history, our culture, how it gets us through a long cold dark winter, the light it brings us and how it it unites us as Canadians from coast to coast. Despite language differences, vast geographical distances and our overt multi-cultural identity.

It is one item on a very, very short list of things that unite all Canadians.

Is it time now with the third lock-out looming; 1994-95, 2004-05 and now 2012-13 to take back control of our national game? Is it time to stop being polite and drop the gloves nationally on this issue?

Is it time as a Canadian to say enough and that we have a right to professional hockey, a right to see the Stanley Cup lifted, a right to our national game, a right as culturally important to us coast to coast as other nation's cultural rights.

It may strike a non-Canadian as absurd to demand a right to see our game played each year but a right to carry a firearm without condition is also one that seems odd to Canadians.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#11 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

I don't understand how your having a hard time understanding what I'm trying to say? I'm simply asking which two teams are eligible to compete for the Stanley cup? SimPle enough..The NHL lost its rights in 04/05, so the top two Canadian teams are allowed to compete, so who, and when!?

Doesn't the NHL own the Stanley Cup? I knew that in 1926 it became that only NHL teams could win the cup. Has that been changed?

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#12 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

On February 7, 2006, a settlement was reached in which the trophy could be awarded to non-NHL teams should the league not operate for a season. The dispute lasted so long that, by the time it was settled, the NHL had resumed operating for the 2005–06 season, and the Stanley Cup went unclaimed for the 2004–05 season.[39]

A 2006 Ontario Superior Court case found that the trustees had gone against Lord Stanley's conditions in the 1947 agreement.[22] The NHL has agreed to allow other teams to play for the Cup should the league not be operating, as was the case in the 2004–05 NHL lockout.[21]

Edited by Monteeun, 16 September 2012 - 04:20 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#13 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

i personally don't mind if two mid level pro leagues go after it. CHL and ECHL Let's go!!

Edited by Monteeun, 16 September 2012 - 04:11 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#14 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#15 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Doesn't the NHL own the Stanley Cup? I knew that in 1926 it became that only NHL teams could win the cup. Has that been changed?

indeed that has changed..in fact the NHL does NOT own the Stanley cup
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#16 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Islanders vs Jackets

Jackets in 7 for Lord Stanley LOL
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#17 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,509 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Lockout Thread
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.