The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Canucks practice during the Lockout

sedinsassassins

You can assume that top talent will sign elsewhere, that could include Schneider, Luongo, Edler, Sedins, and Kesler. For everyone else, they slot into a spot where most NHLer's are right now, that being they are skilled players but not great enough to get attention overseas. With the deductions of those to the AHL and those to destinations in Europe the practice squad may only consists of 15 players. I fully expect the Canucks to stay in game shape regardless.

Ryan Kesler will probably be signing with the Chicago Wolves around February when he's fully 100% healed. The Sedins won't sign in Sweden because the teams want them for a full year. They'll probably sign in the KHL if they want to play now or they'll wait until March and sign in Sweden when they can spend the rest of the year there.

Ryan Kesler will probably be signing with the Chicago Wolves around February when he's fully 100% healed. The Sedins won't sign in Sweden because the teams want them for a full year. They'll probably sign in the KHL if they want to play now or they'll wait until March and sign in Sweden when they can spend the rest of the year there.

I believe players still have to clear waivers to go to the AHL? Which is why all the guys on ELC's with two way contracts (who are not subject to waivers) like Kassian were sent down in advance of the lockout. Them and guys who nobody believed would be claimed (Ebbett, Desbiens).

Guys like Kesler, I believe (???) could be claimed by another team if he signed in the AHL...

Newbie question...how come Kesler could sign with the Wolves?...Is it cos he's currently injured?

You can assume that top talent will sign elsewhere, that could include Schneider, Luongo, Edler, Sedins, and Kesler. For everyone else, they slot into a spot where most NHLer's are right now, that being they are skilled players but not great enough to get attention overseas. With the deductions of those to the AHL and those to destinations in Europe the practice squad may only consists of 15 players. I fully expect the Canucks to stay in game shape regardless.

Archived