The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you gonna do to cure your Canucks withdrawl during the lockout?

VAN_FAN_MATT

A season lost means a year of our narrowing window of opprotunity gets thrown out the window. So lets all hope and pray that the season will be salvaged at some point this year. But unfortunately the outlook for the season looks rather grim at the moment.

I don't know about the rest of you, but hockey is the only sport I really follow. IMO all other sports are slow and boring compared to hockey. I'll occasionally watch football, soccer, and baseball, but seriously the excitement level of those sports dosn't come close to that of hockey.

What will I do without Canucks hockey this fall? well, one thing is for certain, I know what I'll be doing less of without the Canucks on TV, and that is drinking beer. A Canucks game on TV practically every second night gave me reason to keep the fridge stocked up with beer. I really don't have any idea what I will do to pass the boredom this season. Maybe I'll host a poker night every Saturday in my appartment to fill in the gap that HNIC used to fill, and call it Poker Night in Canada. I don't know. But not knowing when I'll see Canucks hockey on TV again has me a tad down in the dumps.

So my question to you out there. What are you gonna do to cure your Canucks withdrawl during the lockout?

Watching junior hockey, whl or bchl/ajhl. Love watching hockey when you can count on effort any night of the week. I have become jaded with the nhl and may take this as the opportunity to ween myself off this league. Since the pussification began after the last last year the hockey is becoming unwatchable.

You all should learn to love the game again not just the uniform.

To be honest i dont even care , Im a long time fan of the NHL but the owners and there parrot (Bettman) are going to run the league into the ground with greed.

7 years ago i was angry and disappointed with no hockey but to be honest life goes on and there is other things to do

Go Seahawks! I really don't want to say Go Lakers...

I will be busy at UBC so I'm just going to pretend that Im banning myself from watching the Canucks until I get ahead of the game. That probably won't work but I'm definitely going to be on here a lot less. I'll watch as many games with Canucks in them as I can though. No fantasy hockey will also free up a ton of time!

Archived