The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you gonna do to cure your Canucks withdrawl during the lockout?

VAN_FAN_MATT

I agree with the poster, hockey is honestly the most thrilling sport to watch. I always said, i do not get how americans don't like hockey. Its the most goon sport out there and you would think they like to watch fast hard hits with scraps.

I am likely going to watch alot more football. Never really been an nfl fan but I think its time to start. Watched the seahawks game yesterday and it wasnt bad, (I still like CFL more).

I think I am going to take a year off NHL hockey no matter how long this strike / lockout goes. It will be way better for my personal health. I dont think I've missed watching a game in the last 5 years and I have always tried to make at least 2 live games each year.

I am just sooooo frustrated with Hockey right now, heres my beef's

1. Firstly its the lockout, come on really, its like 2 fat kids fighting over a box of Smarties while the starving homeless kids watch.

2. Watching hockey has been frustrating,there is the awful officiating and the apparent lack of respect for the game from so many of the players.

3. The season is too long or should start earlier and end earlier (start in september end in mid may)

4. The players and the money is awful, there is very little sense of loyalty to a team (Sedins are an exception) You watch a player grow and watch a team develope the player and then just when he hits his prime you watch some other team offer him way too much money and you either overpay or watch him walk.

5. Player salaries - really these guys complain about making more in a year than I will in my life. They have some sort of entitelement notion that they are superstars that deserve more than the owners. I understand that these guys put thier life into playing hockey, but so does the small business owner or the single mom trying to raise a family.

6. The players want more than half of the revenues to play the game, I wonder what they would think if their agents wanted more than half of what they produce? I bet they wouldnt think thats fair.

7. Its time to drop the prices, my kids have never been to a NHL game as it would cost well over $500 plus parking. I used to get a really good seat for $50 - 70 bucks, now I get a crappy seat for $180. The owners should be asking for roll backs so that they can pass the savings onto the fans.

Overall the NHL and all its parts is just frustrating and this lockout is the icing on the cake that we cant eat. Its just for the owners and the players.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Since every other "sport" out there is either very boring (soccer, baseball) or very gay (football) I'll just stick to hockey. There's more to hockey than the NHL. A lot more.

I guess I could always start my own Calvinball league...

And the people whining about NHL players salaries? Have you seen an MLB contract? Or an NBA contract?

boycott the NHL when it comes back.. spend this time getting into other sports.

NFL? The players are probably more athletic.

MLB? Hit a ball and run, simple to understand. Sometimes the world series is epic.

NBA? Because of Steve Nash.

Honestly... only way greed is killed is when it is slapped back to reality... give the mofo's a margin call by not showing up then laugh about it to your coworkers when they are out of their high paying jobs.

Archived