The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rick Nash and Joe Thornton back to HC Davos- Swiss League

Visp

Source is the Swiss newspaper 20 minutes online. Both players played together in Davos during 04/05 lockout and Thornton's wife is Swiss.

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/story/Davos-und-Bern-setzen-auf-NHL-Stars-11601988 (german)

translation

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-lockout-rumblings-mark-streit-roman-josi-to-sc-bern-rick-nash-joe-thornton-back-to-davos/

quote from HC Davos president Gaudenz Domenig:

Yes, we are going by the notion that both players will join our team again. We have been in discussions with both players in the past few days. I am fairly confident that we will soon reach an understanding and both may play for us on the weekend already.

What they should be doing is just agreeing to whatever Gary Betman and the owners want because without these rich guys overpaying them to play a game for a living they would be flippin burgers at McDonalds.... and I agree with you a bunch of boaderline KHLers will have to relocate.

<p>All German Players are in contact with their former DEL(German Hockey League) Teams.

Ehrhoff could play for the Krefeld Penguins.... Seidenberg , Goc and Hecht may to the Mannheim Eagles...Marco Sturm to the Ingolstadt Panthers ....  and the Duo Holzer\Sulzer rumoured to play for Duesseldorf.

only problem for all teams could be a huge insurance payment...Duesseldorf for an example would need help from an private Investoredit: just read that sturm(no team ...but cuz of his kids) and holzer(marlies) will stay in north america

When the players are 95% responsible for the entertainment provided, I don't have an issue with them getting 57% of the revenue. The owners "paying" the players is a bit of joke considering the players generate all the revenue, the owner is a glorified middleman that wants more profit.

When the players are 95% responsible for the entertainment provided, I don't have an issue with them getting 57% of the revenue. The owners "paying" the players is a bit of joke considering the players generate all the revenue, the owner is a glorified middleman that wants more profit.

Why don't you start donating part of your pay check to the players? You won't do it will you? Then why do you expect team owners that spent hundreds of millions on a business investment to spend tens of millions per year just for your entertainment? Why should they not make a profit from their investment?

I see many blaming the players but answer this one simple thing. If some one said you will be getting $ 40.00 an hour for next 4 years and signed it in a contract but very next year ask you to take 25% paycut will it be fair? Now you will be saying then why they r working in these leagues with way less pay- this they r doing out of choice, but if they agree to NHL's offer easily they will also be putting future at stake.

Archived