The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Office Season 9 - Final Season

PlayStation

The whole farm storyline, along with the cast, were for a potential spinoff featuring Dwight, his sister and brother that ended up failing to get picked up by NBC. I dunno, I think I could have given that show a watch.

Yeah - as g_bassi said that was the 'pitch' for a Dwight spinoff.

Weirdly though - that was supposed to be the 5th episode of this season IF the Dwight spin-off was picked up, but since it wasn't... the episode was put in limbo. (that was the 17th episode this season)

Then it was decided to air it, but re-film some scenes that made sense in the seasons storyline - thus the Todd Packer parts were just recently filmed and added.

Next new episode isn't until April 4.... then should be a (almost) straight run until the end of the series.

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish MIchael could come back for the last episode or something. Maybe they all get together for a viewing party of the first episode of the documentary as it airs or something. I miss Michael Scott :(.

Well, that was a terrible episode in comparison to previous seasons. Only Nellie's "suck my nutz" comment about Andy was the only thing that made me chuckle.

Funny, whenever I think about "the good ol' days" of the American Office, the first episode I think of is Michael Scott's movie episode about Goldface. "That's How you do the Scarn" was the funniest thing on the show in years.

Well, that was a terrible episode in comparison to previous seasons. Only Nellie's "suck my nutz" comment about Andy was the only thing that made me chuckle.

Funny, whenever I think about "the good ol' days" of the American Office, the first episode I think of is Michael Scott's movie episode about Goldface. "That's How you do the Scarn" was the funniest thing on the show in years.

I REALLY hope they get Michael Scott back on for the final episode. Never have been a huge fan of the show since he left, but been watching to see how everything all plays out. Would be a perfect ending to show how Michael is doing.

I thought the last episode was pretty good. Quite like the idea of the characters watching themselves on the documentary. They have always have had little references through the seasons to the cameras and "if this ever airs", and seems like a good way to end "The Office".

That last episode was one of the best in the season. I didn't really care about what was going on with Jim and Pam but it was somewhat worrisome.

However, the rest of the episode was just great!

The whole bit with Andy and the agency, Dwight and Dwight Jr. Vs Stanley, and Oscar and Angela were really enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad episode. For the first time in a few years, Andy was actually funny. Thought the paper airplane echoed the tone of earlier seasons, which was a nice change. Erin losing it was pretty funny, though I thought she would have an all out tantrum. Highlight was definitely when Toby got hit in the eye by a paper airplane. As with any episode, if Toby has a cameo, he's generally the best part.

Low Point: Jim and Pam. Their "marital rift" is what is commonly referred to as "a speedbump" or "an inconvenient living situation." Hardly anything to turn into a major storyline.

Archived