Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Do The Canucks Benefit From The Lockout?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

no good can come from this. Our older players loose a year while in their prime. Our younger players loose a year of development against nhl calibre talent. Our prospects will not feel much. Its another season ( if fully cancelled ) we dont get the cup. No Good

The word is LOSE. "Loose" describes the tenuous grasp you have on literacy.

#32 Garrett-6

Garrett-6

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

dosent hurt?,....we have no idea how long this lock out will be with bettman in charge of things it could very well be all season ... everyone is gonna age and thats not good for us ...becuase we are by no means a young team the sedins get older, luongo gets older which is gonna make him even harder to trade ...no i dont think we benefit from this at all
Posted Image

#33 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

A lot of teams have players that are recovering from and injuries and all teams have prospects that could use the development time. The lockout benefits none of the teams.

#34 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

It will help all the western conference teams that travel a lot. I predict another western team to win the stanley cup (if there is one).

#35 tmajor

tmajor

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Duncan Keith will have a pulse for another year, so no.

Agree strongly.

I don't want to see a stretcher...but, that said it's a fine line.

#36 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Agreed.............I can't believe this is happening again and so soon. Can an Independent Arbitration Tribunal not be set up to look at the resolving of these issues before the season starts.
I love my hockey and I like to watch the AHL and my local team Fife Flyers ..............but it is nothing like watching NHL hockey......I'm sick fed up!!!

As for will it benefit us ..............No it won't. Kes is injured, the rest of them should be well rested. Let's get Manny and Raymond on the ice, let's see how Schroeder does, let's see how Garrison knits into the defensive set up, let's see what the weight difference has made to Kass's stamina............we need to see where we are, what we have, and what we need to get.

you do realize that they still can do this even if its a 48 game season right?

and i dont get the "kess is injured " stuff . thats exactly why it benefits us , gives his alot of time to heal , i truly dont understand your post

most of the people saying it it doesn't help the canucks are assuming this is going to last the whole season

do you people really think this is going to go past christmas?

Edited by cIutch, 18 September 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

#37 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

LA will benefit the most by a lockout shortened season. no stanley cup hangover.
look for LA to be the first team to win back to back cups in decades.
this was probably bettman's master plan from the outset.
Posted Image

#38 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

LA will benefit the most by a lockout shortened season. no stanley cup hangover.
look for LA to be the first team to win back to back cups in decades.
this was probably bettman's master plan from the outset.

Posted Image

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#39 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

thanks!
does it afford protection from chemtrails too?
Posted Image

#40 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

you do realize that they still can do this even if its a 48 game season right?

and i dont get the "kess is injured " stuff . thats exactly why it benefits us , gives his alot of time to heal , i truly dont understand your post

most of the people saying it it doesn't help the canucks are assuming this is going to last the whole season

do you people really think this is going to go past christmas?

Imo yes. I"ll be surprised if there is a season at all.  Look at the recent players signings some were ten year contracts..Now wasn't just a month or so ago we had Gary Bettmen saying he doesn't want long contracts and yet we see these same owners  giving out long contracts. We hear them whine and cry about how much money they're losing and yet these are the same monkies that are agreeing to spend that kind of money on a player.Remember this is the same Gary who said in the last Lockout that having a Salary Cap will solve these problems..Well 7 years later Gary is now facing the same problems. You tell me is this is going to last for half a season? Players felt they were bullied the last time around you really think they are going to cave in to Bettmen's demands?You want to know who really benefits from the lockout are the WHL,the Heat in Abbotsford,The BCHL,Whitecaps and Lions.

Edited by canacks1970, 18 September 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#41 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Imo yes. I"ll be surprised if there is a season at all.  Look at the recent players signings some were ten year contracts..Now wasn't just a month or so ago we had Gary Bettmen saying he doesn't want long contracts and yet we see these same owners  giving out long contracts. We hear them whine and cry about how much money they're losing and yet these are the same monkies that are agreeing to spend that kind of money on a player.Remember this is the same Gary who said in the last Lockout that having a Salary Cap will solve these problems..Well 7 years later Gary is now facing the same problems. You tell me is this is going to last for half a season? Players felt they were bullied the last time around you really think they are going to cave in to Bettmen's demands?You want to know who really benefits from the lockout are the WHL,the Heat in Abbotsford,The BCHL,Whitecaps and Lions.

This is the fear because when the ego is bigger then the man is, it never ends well. Bettman always feels like he must win no matter how hated he is.
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#42 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

thanks!
does it afford protection from chemtrails too?

Have fun.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

regards,
G.

#43 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

do you really think this will last the whole season?

I sure hope not but things are going exactly like last time. Bettman will set a date b4 killing the whole season and it wont take long. Plus Im the type of guy that likes to look at worse case senario then if Im wrong I dont care. My Nucks will be back defending thier presidents trophy and look for some playoff redemption.

#44 Canucks4always

Canucks4always

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

First one to take Bettman's keys and throw it down a manhole and then shout "Bettman! You're locked out!" wins a million dollars.

I'm on it!!!

Next stop...New York!
Travel!
Live off $1 a day and love it!
Put life into real perspective!

#45 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,358 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

It helps the younger teams, hurts the older teams. Actually, it hurts teams with a combination of really young talent and old talent the most. Teams with the most high end talent at prime level get screwed as well, since that window is only about 8-10 years.

The younger teams get another year to physically mature, the older teams get one step closer to retirement. We are one of the older teams in the league. Kassian is really the only guy who benefits from a year in the super charged AHL.
Sig too big.

#46 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Canucks- somewhat

Me- No

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#47 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

In terms of competing for the cup -- no.

The twins get older and slowly but surely decline. Luongo who is our biggest available asset, his value will take a huge hit if there is no season. Florida will have less reason to trade for him with Markstrom coming.
Posted Image

#48 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

The lockout will hurt the Canucks the most, considering our core players are slowly declining now. Everyone already said our window of opportunity got smaller last year, it's only going to get worse. Teams like the Oilers will benefit a lot with an extra year for their younger players to develop in the minors instead of being rushed onto a dead last NHL team. I highly doubt this will just be a shortened season, sounds like they're nowhere near reaching an agreement.

sig by Malkin71

#49 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

bettman will proudly cancel another season.
it's how a small man makes himself look big.

Edited by winacup, 19 September 2012 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image

#50 wizott

wizott

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

I think ryan kesler would benifit the most, allowing him to set a full recovery, without any rush

#51 - PikaBOO -

- PikaBOO -

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Course, Gillis and Vigneault will have more time to figure who'll centre our second line with Kesler gone for a while.

#52 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

No cup contender benefits from a full season lockout. I'd say that if the season is cut to 60 games then it might be to our benefit, but not by much. From the looks of it, and my gut feeling, there will be no hockey season this year, not even a shortened one.

#53 sthebest

sthebest

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

raymond should muscle up and be atleast in the 205 range

#54 krazysl

krazysl

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

It would have good last season coming of the SCF hangover, this year no!!! maybe for Kesler, but our team ages, that amount of rest for the Sedins without playing hockey could put them in a early retirement scenerio. WE NEED HOCKEY NOW...

#55 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

here's who it benefits:

http://www.rantsport...e-its-benefits/

they're one nasty piece of business.
Posted Image

#56 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

bettman will proudly cancel another season.
it's how a small man makes himself look big.

He's a small man with 30 owners holding his leash.

regards,
G.

#57 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

don't kid yourself G. in gary they trust and to him they listen.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.