The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cherry or Gretzky

VanNuck

New Commissioner  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol I'd love to see the rule changes cherry would bring in

Wooden sticks mandatory, if your stick breaks u get a penalty.

Helmets no longer mandatory

You get suspended for starting s**t and not finishing it.

All European suspensions twice as long as any north American committing the same crime

Lol I'd love to see the rule changes cherry would bring in

Wooden sticks mandatory, if your stick breaks u get a penalty.

Helmets no longer mandatory

You get suspended for starting s**t and not finishing it.

All European suspensions twice as long as any north American committing the same crime

All we need is a guy who is around Bettman's age, has played for 15+ years in the NHL, has been actively involved in the league since his retirement, and was a key part in winning the Stanley Cup for his team.

In his time, he shouldn't have been afraid to drop the gloves and sacrifice for his team.

hmm don't know. To be honest both would be much better than Bettman as they actually enjoy the game. Bettman really isn't made for his job. We've all known that since he started. The fact that the lock-out doesn't bother him is evidence of his lack of passion or love for the game. I say if there is a lock-out all people involved which includes the commissioner shouldn't be payed. I mean if I don't show up to work I don't get paid. Maybe taking their pay away until lock-out is resolved, will help them continue discussions instead of having steady talks for 2 months before the expiration date and then stopping when they need to be talking more than ever!

I was laughing when I saw everyone's opinions that Cherry would ban Europeans and discard all the safety equipment. Well, I think that is a little extreme - if he had his way, he probably would ban everyone, except for perhaps Zdeno Chara.

Actually two names nobody mentioned were Brian Burke and Pat Quinn, both respected, educated personalities with real experience in the game and are a little more reasonable than Grapes.

Linden, I think everyone would like, but he doesn't have that much business experience to be running the whole league.

Yes, it's the owners who make the call though, but really, they aren't winning anything as long as Bettman is in charge. Yes, league revenues have risen - but most of those gains still come from Canada. The American market is still crawling. Bettman, while he's achieved a mandate, it has only hurt the owners themselves, especially Acquillini, Molson, Edwards, Tanenbaum, or Katz, owners whose fans really care about the game and who would move forward, but are entangled in this politics.

Archived