The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much per game do they lose?

Max-a-Million

idn what to do without Canucks games. its usually a better day when i can come home and watch hockey. Ive been a canucks fan for like 10 years now. So, In my english class my argumentative speech is about this stupid lockout and i must say after reading that i can't watch hockey because a bunch of greedy billionaires can't even seem to deal with the fact that they might lose a few million dollars, but in comparison they have billions of dollars. Im shocked by there greed.sure they might not make as much as they want to but who cares. you own a hockey team for the purpose of people being able to watch hockey and let millions of people watch them. All these owners or the NHLPA, or gerry betman need to forget about money and remember about the game. its1300 games of hockey won't be played, watched or enjoyed by ANYONE because they are looking like there not going to happen.

figure it out.

Your math is flawed.

HRR = Hockey Related Revenue. Revenue does not equal profit. Revenue is just the amount of money that comes in and does not take expenses into account.

As for the last bit about owners and their greedy hands; if they were so greedy, they wouldn't have purchased a hockey team. Do you really think that Aquilini is in it for the money?

THN posted that the Montreal Canadien's owner, Geoff Molsen commented on "100% support by the owners for Gary Bettman and his tactics". Of course, there is an imposed $1,000,000 fine for any owner that speaks up against the NHL. Molsen goes on to say he hopes the lockout is short lived.

Since the owners have imposed the lockout, it would seem they are the ones in control of how long the work stoppage lasts. I don't believe the union has even mentioned the word strike once.

With all pre-season games now cancelled and players heading off to Europe, it seems they are at a stalemate and, while giving lip service to the public, are determined to stand their ground.

The NFL is looking more and more attractive each week as we chip away at the hockey season. This is not good for hockey!

Which do you think sounds most impressive:

1. I own the rights to sit in these seats/a box for a season and watch Canucks games.

2. I own the Canucks organization and the arena they play in.

Those 2 aren't really in the same realm.

Certainly he would prefer to have a franchise that actually earns money rather than losing it, just like anyone else would. But as goalie13 said, there are much easier ways to make money. If something other than money wasn't the main motivation behind wanting to own a hockey team, I'm pretty sure Jamison wouldn't be attempting to acquire the Coyotes right now (and promising to keep the team in Phoenix for 20 more years).

Archived