The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man gets death threats after abandoning dog on Colorado mountain

Pasific Coluseum

Credit to the group that went out there and brought the dog to safety. In reading the article, the owner made so many poor choices that I am glad that he is paying through the nose and is feeling the backlash.

You don't abandon domesticated animals.

You don't abandon injured animals.

They were struggling in very rocky terrain with bad weather. Theres no 19 year old out there who can add 112 lbs to their back over that kind of terrain over any real distance let alone when they are already struggling. Or are you going to say you could have done it?

This guy made a lot of questionable decisions in this whole process, but deciding to leave his dog behind simply isn't one of them. For those of you who thinks 110lbs is nothing like that ': D' person, don't forget to consider that

- the weather is suboptimal

- you have already been hiking for a period of time prior to adding on the extra weight

- you do not have an efficient way of carrying said additional weight

- the dog between being injured and needing to be carried in an awkward manner, is probably not going to make things easier

- the terrain you need to complete all this in

If you think your will power is so strong, go right ahead, put together a pack with 110lbs and test yourself.

This guy made a lot of questionable decisions in this whole process, but deciding to leave his dog behind simply isn't one of them. For those of you who thinks 110lbs is nothing like that ': D' person, don't forget to consider that

- the weather is suboptimal

- you have already been hiking for a period of time prior to adding on the extra weight

- you do not have an efficient way of carrying said additional weight

- the dog between being injured and needing to be carried in an awkward manner, is probably not going to make things easier

- the terrain you need to complete all this in

If you think your will power is so strong, go right ahead, put together a pack with 110lbs and test yourself.

I did more in army cadets at 14. We all had our ruck sacks and then we had to take one of our officers down on a stretcher, and no, the officer wasn't injured, it was just part of the drill. In the snow. After an 8 hour hike. Most of us could too. Much of it is mind over matter. Thee guy in the article sounds like he is reaching for excuses.

I did more in army cadets at 14. We all had our ruck sacks and then we had to take one of our officers down on a stretcher, and no, the officer wasn't injured, it was just part of the drill. In the snow. After an 8 hour hike. Most of us could too. Much of it is mind over matter. Thee guy in the article sounds like he is reaching for excuses.

You make a post about how tough you were at 14. I posted that image as a joke. I agree that the guy is an idiot and unfit to own pets. Then, you get your panties in a knot and tell me to put my finger in an electrical socket. What a well-rounded, cognoscente argument that is. You soundly refuted my position of "Guy says something dumb on internet, post corresponding picture."

Lol I appreciate your attempt to twist my words around into me trying to make myself sound like the hulk at 14, as this is the internet and trolling is a valuable skill. However, all I was doing was pointing out that most of us, as teenagers, could've made a better attempt at saving his so-called 'best friend' instead of leaving the dog up there to die. Now what really confuses me is that you were supposed to have stuck a finger in your electrical socket by now, so why are you still responding?

If I thought my dog was dead like this guy explains, I'd put it out of it's misery rather than just leave it there -- owner's excuses are a bit suspicious. Sure it's just an animal but considering the reliance upon the owner the dog has for it's survival, and the mindset of the dog, being that dog thinks of it's owner as family, just from a subjective viewpoint of mine on the latter part there, it would be like leaving family out there. He took the dog out there, guy should grow a pair of balls, an ounce of responsibility, and figure out a way to get it back home or end it's life instead of leaving it to suffer.

As for the death threats, I wish many terrible things upon those animal rights activist nuts.

Archived