The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler/Bieksa/Lou Twitter

BuretoMogilny

While I agree with you on the entitlement aspect...you are pointing this out on a website with "superfan" mentality. Some of the members here would dive in front of a bullet for these guys. I would not.

While I love the Canucks I love the thought of the "team" not just those who play on it. The owner is bringing this team to us. HIm I respect and players well a lock out is upon us and they bail to the next hockey playing country with out blinking an eye. That shows their love for us.

Its about the dollar for those involved and for the owners rightly so. Players well most contracts speak for themselves. 1 player I respect is Alexander Burrows, he took a small contract to help improve the team.

As for Kes and Kev, well those two, you can clearly see their attitudes suck when they are on the ice...I laff at those who say Kes should be Captain...Kev better fight more to protect our stars cuz his wrist shot sux.

The players chose to give up their normal lives. Gave up watching their kids GROW up. Goalies have blown out knees, back problems, groin problems for the rest of their lives to make that money. Skaters risk their livelyhood and quality of life everytime they step on the ice. We're just seeing now what concussions can do to a man over the course of a long hockey career. The owners, despite league revenues increasing, want the players to take a pay cut? Why should they?

If I was an owner, I'd want them playing again ASAP. What if the players begin to think, "we're locked out anyway" let's try to get rid of the salary cap altogether..."

The players chose to give up their normal lives. Gave up watching their kids GROW up. Goalies have blown out knees, back problems, groin problems for the rest of their lives to make that money. Skaters risk their livelyhood and quality of life everytime they step on the ice. We're just seeing now what concussions can do to a man over the course of a long hockey career. The owners, despite league revenues increasing, want the players to take a pay cut? Why should they?

If I was an owner, I'd want them playing again ASAP. What if the players begin to think, "we're locked out anyway" let's try to get rid of the salary cap altogether..."

Maybe they should quit....go home to their families and get a 9-5 job like the rest of us saps. I pay the Canucks organization to put out a team to play hockey not for the players to create a union to cry baby around when sh!t is not going their way! You get payed to play hockey....give me 4 mill a year I learn to skate tmrw....Simple fact...the contracts are getting out of hand. Players are getting greedy and are ready to up and leave this country for another to play hockey...so family, friends and injuries are all back burnered for $$ dont forget that.

ok good, how is that related to the OP?

thanks for that input, then i'd sue his egotistical ass and take his 4 million, because clearly he can't handle a few chirps. Also, if he can't handle a few chirps from an anonymous person on twitter, I wonder how easily the Bruins got in his weak head.

Again this comment is for the original poster and anyone else taking issue with what the players make - fact is you will never be able to play the game at the level they do hence the reason they make so much while us "common folk" make 50k a yr etc.

Last time I checked we live in a democracy with free speech - you have the right to express your opinion and the players have the right to block you on social media - move along and find another hobby and like I said before if you really want to show them how upset you are boycott hockey when it comes back.

I understand where the OP is coming from, but the way he is saying it makes him sound like a complete tool. The players give up everything to entertain us. We do not own them, which some fans seem to feel they do. They deserve a wage which will compensate what they give up. Imagine the job of having to be noticed everywhere you go, scrutinized for everything, watched for your every action, risk life threatening injuries, and may even have symptoms that last a lifetime. They move away from their families, sometimes miss major family events, and everything. Yes, it is their choice. But that choice should still be compensated accordingly.

Do they make too much? Maybe. But the reason most players make too much is dumb owners who pay too much for players. Yes, revenue is increasing. But the owners seem to see more money they are making and then spend it on ridiculous contracts. I don't blame a player that is offered a ridiculous contract, I would take it too. Humans, like many other species, are naturally greedy. We want more, always.

I don't blame Kes, Kev or Luo for blocking you one bit. I would of too. They have to hear ignorant fans all day that think they own them. We don't. Yes, we buy the tickets. But like they choose to play hockey, WE choose to buy the tickets.

I understand where the OP is coming from, but the way he is saying it makes him sound like a complete tool. The players give up everything to entertain us. We do not own them, which some fans seem to feel they do. They deserve a wage which will compensate what they give up. Imagine the job of having to be noticed everywhere you go, scrutinized for everything, watched for your every action, risk life threatening injuries, and may even have symptoms that last a lifetime. They move away from their families, sometimes miss major family events, and everything. Yes, it is their choice. But that choice should still be compensated accordingly.

Do they make too much? Maybe. But the reason most players make too much is dumb owners who pay too much for players. Yes, revenue is increasing. But the owners seem to see more money they are making and then spend it on ridiculous contracts. I don't blame a player that is offered a ridiculous contract, I would take it too. Humans, like many other species, are naturally greedy. We want more, always.

I don't blame Kes, Kev or Luo for blocking you one bit. I would of too. They have to hear ignorant fans all day that think they own them. We don't. Yes, we buy the tickets. But like they choose to play hockey, WE choose to buy the tickets.

You do realize that not a single Canucks player has signed overseas as they see it as stealing another players job and will only do it if things look dire. You may also see that a group of players do not dictate the full decisions that the NHLPA makes in these negotiations. Just like Acquillini most likely is not really in favor of a lockout as the Canucks make a lot of money for him each year.

Bieksa also went on record as feeling bad for the people who will be losing jobs, and mentions the cutbacks at rogers arena.

They blocked your account because you were trolling them with a sense of victimization and entitlement.

These are players who have taken discounts as apposed to asking for what they would get on the open market...

A large portion of Canucks that can afford renting ice time at UBC are still practicing daily to keep in shape for your sorry ass when hockey comes back, Effectively pumping money back into the community.

Say what you will about Malkin, and Nash, etc. but the Canucks are handling this handsomely.

Frankly, if the owners complain about spending too much money on players, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Redden, Gomez, Vanek, Leino, Campbell, Bouwmeester... The list goes on for players who may be decent players but were OFFERED ridiculous contracts by the GM/OWNERS. They would have been brain-dead to decline the offers they got.

That is why contracts are getting out of control. Once that first horrible contract is signed in the off-season, it is used as a bench mark for the rest of the summer in most cases and leads to highly inflated salaries.

Archived