157 replies to this topic

#31 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,637 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Do you think that a person playing professional hockey, a regular NHL player on the fourth line is poor if he is making $1million per year and at the same time his owner is losing money.

Do you think this is fair, and secondly sustainable?

Do you know only 7 teams in the NHL turned a profit?

Honest questions, please answer.

1) No, not poor. However, compared to other pro atheletes, they are making an appropriate amount.

2) No, I don't believe the league is currently sustainable. Owners need to stop throwing out these crazy contracts, and they need to give up on these southern markets. Move a few north. Lower the cap a bit, and rollback salaries a few percent.

3) Yes, I was aware.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#32 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,990 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Lol...Fedor Fedorov...lol...Bieksa must be tough to beat up Semin part 2

Tough enough to take a stand against a self-important idiot. Seems like he's taking a stand now as well when it's his own livelihood at stake.

You do realize you probably aren't the first mental midget to think to hit up an NHL hockey player via twitter and voice your opinion? And that while you might not be as aggressive or loud as the others, they're well within their rights to not have to deal with the hundreds, if not thousands of people spamming their inboxes with nothing but drivel.

BTW, was the tone of your tweets anything like this:

nhlanalysis
@strombone1 @kbeiksa @ryan_kelser wow I guess I hit a nerve hey brats. All 3 of you blocked me. Amazing, #truthhurts

Strombone
@nhlanalysis I didn't block you.....

nhlanalysis
@strombone1 actually lou you did I was mgmt_analyst, and you 3 blocked me for stating that the players r acting as children when people making 50k are payng you guys millions. At the same time I have been critical of the owners, I don't have a side other than

And what could well be the tweets from the original account:

Mgmt&Hockey Guru
@strombone1 @kbieksa3 @Ryan_Kesler Couple of things 1.Median U.S. hsehld income = $50k - 8.1% lwer than b4 recession.
@strombone1 @kbieksa3 @Ryan_Kesler 2. Yet you millionaires are crying poor over money you've made off the backs of people making 50k per yr
@strombone1 @kbieksa3 @Ryan_Kesler 3. What business do owners share 50% of their profits with their employees? Even on Wall St. they don't.
@strombone1 @kbieksa3 @Ryan_Kesler 4.What else are you guys qualified to do? Do you think you could compete with me making investments?
@strombone1 @kbieksa3 @Ryan_Kesler 5. Spoiled brats, no education for the most part, making millions off people making 50k#norespect
@strombone1 @kbieksa3 @Ryan_Kesler I flew to Van 2 watch U guys in game 6 vs Chi, 5/7 of the SCF. Never again, waste of $ supporting greed.
#theplayers I posted this tweet and 3 nucks blocked me..wow shows how egos now run the nhl and how much the players care

I'd block you too for spamming my account like that. You were not so friendly as you made out in the OP. You've done the same for @NHL and @TedLeonsis too. Give it a rest and stop getting pissy over them blocking you when 90% of the population would do the same.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

I agree with the OP here,every member of the NHL should be ashamed of them selves for this,they make all that money from people who work hard and pull strings to be there.We should be paying attention to that kinda stuff
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#34 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

So you dislike Bieksa and Kesler because they ignored your arguments and blocked you twice on Twitter?

Posted Image

#35 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

1) No, not poor. However, compared to other pro atheletes, they are making an appropriate amount.

2) No, I don't believe the league is currently sustainable. Owners need to stop throwing out these crazy contracts, and they need to give up on these southern markets. Move a few north. Lower the cap a bit, and rollback salaries a few percent.

3) Yes, I was aware.

Exactly, So while I agree that owners are to blame a few issues are at hand here.

1. The current CBA had a term for a reason. Basically, it allowed both sides to see what happens, if its not working for either side well time to level it off, this is what's happened. It worked out very well for the players not so much the owners.

2. HRR split. Owners want more of it since they need to cover expenses. Players get pure profit (no expenses tied to the HRR for them), not to mention they are getting large contracts already.

3. Teams are losing money, the economy is in the dumps, ticket prices at all time highs, owners realize this can't go on forever and the economic situation is likely to catch up to them and profits will be worse.

4. Compared to other pro athletes, well look at the NFL, no guaranteed contracts, you take less to have the guarantee, doesn't seem to be the case in the NHL.

5. Issue from this post was less about the CBA and more insight into some key players mentalities. It bothered me alot, because again it wasn't trolling, mean spirited and in fact I had tweeted the same things to the Caps owner, he didnt block me, probably because to a certain extent he gets both sides. It bothers me that players think that they are the most important part of the game. They would not be rich without us, without that guy making 50k to take his kid to a game.

6. You have players now wanting to get traded to get a chance to play more and score points early in their careers so their next contract is big, vs learning the game (CoHo) and many others, reeks of entitlement.

7. The sillyness of those two to get so upset by some random guys tweet really says alot about who they are, thats the point of this thread, and as a long time canuck fan it actually bothered me, because it spoke about their character.

#36 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Everyone is greedy, its part of human nature. You don't know what it's like to be in the shoes of them so I don't think its fair to jump to conclusions.
I hate to be direct with these matters, but these players worked their asses off to get to the point they are now. Sure life is unfair and some working harder makes less than someone who doesn't work as hard. That's life, it's unfair, and TBH I don't see a reason why people are complaining about how much hockey players are making compared to the normal folks like myself.

Everyone has a choice to support the NHL or not. Sure the players get the money, but the fans get benefits too..

Edited by MaxLapierreAwesomeFace, 18 September 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#37 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

I don't think the money-share is going to be the biggest hurdle in these negotiations. I see the final CBA somewhere around 50/50. I think the biggest problem is the leagues need to sink better spent money on crapty hockey market teams.

OP, im not sure what you expected. Generally a member of a union is not going to engage with some pleb over their work stoppages. Also, in most unions, you are going to catch crap for running your mouth when your union members need to stand united.

If i was in their shoes i would block you too. I can't imagine id want to address hundreds of twits regarding this and i dont think twitter will let you write a script that reply's in macro's to bitchy fans.

#38 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Tough enough to take a stand against a self-important idiot. Seems like he's taking a stand now as well when it's his own livelihood at stake.

You do realize you probably aren't the first mental midget to think to hit up an NHL hockey player via twitter and voice your opinion? And that while you might not be as aggressive or loud as the others, they're well within their rights to not have to deal with the hundreds, if not thousands of people spamming their inboxes with nothing but drivel.

BTW, was the tone of your tweets anything like this:

And what could well be the tweets from the original account:

I'd block you too for spamming my account like that. You were not so friendly as you made out in the OP. You've done the same for @NHL and @TedLeonsis too. Give it a rest and stop getting pissy over them blocking you when 90% of the population would do the same.

Spamming? sometimes you can't make a point in one tweet son

Mental midget? Ok

You're right they shouldn't listen to fans who have an opinion that is counter to their egos.

And excuse my twitter inexperience, how'd you get those tweets?

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 September 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#39 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,845 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

We'll Im bigger than Keith and that Runt Marchand, and he doesn't seem to be tough enough to stand up to them so, I'm not worried.

:towel:

Bieksa is one of the toughest fighters in the league. He would destroy you with minimal effort.
Posted Image

#40 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Everyone is greedy, its part of human nature. You don't know what it's like to be in the shoes of them so I don't think its fair to jump to conclusions.
I hate to be direct with these matters, but these players worked their asses off to get to the point they are now. Sure life is unfair and some working harder makes less than someone who doesn't work as hard. That's life, it's unfair, and TBH I don't see a reason why people are complaining about how much hockey players are making compared to the normal folks like myself.

Everyone has a choice to support the NHL or not. Sure the players get the money, but the fans get benefits too..

Point is the league won't survive on the path its on.

NYI, NJ, Pho, Dal, Car, Tampa, Columbus, Colorado, Edm, Anaheim, all struggling financially. Not disputing players work their butts off and are the best at what they do, thats why people pay so much to see them. Issue is sustainability. They are crying poor when they are more enriched than the players have ever been, game is doing well (people paying alot), but the distribution between players and owners is not working to make the business viable in the long term.

The players are coming out crying poor when in the end all they will do is drive up ticket prices, and/or destroy the game.

And the point of the original post was simply its a result of an entitlement attitude and ego, and the insight I gained from their blocking told me that.

#41 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Bieksa is one of the toughest fighters in the league. He would destroy you with minimal effort.

ok good, how is that related to the OP?

thanks for that input, then i'd sue his egotistical ass and take his 4 million, because clearly he can't handle a few chirps. Also, if he can't handle a few chirps from an anonymous person on twitter, I wonder how easily the Bruins got in his weak head.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 September 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#42 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

I don't think the money-share is going to be the biggest hurdle in these negotiations. I see the final CBA somewhere around 50/50. I think the biggest problem is the leagues need to sink better spent money on crapty hockey market teams.

OP, im not sure what you expected. Generally a member of a union is not going to engage with some pleb over their work stoppages. Also, in most unions, you are going to catch crap for running your mouth when your union members need to stand united.

If i was in their shoes i would block you too. I can't imagine id want to address hundreds of twits regarding this and i dont think twitter will let you write a script that reply's in macro's to bitchy fans.

Didn't expect to be blocked for telling both the owners and players to stop being whiny babys when they are making millions and affecting people who make alot less in a significant way financially. And as I said Leonosis didn't block me, but they did.

That's the point....and to me it says a ton about them

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 September 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#43 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,990 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Spamming? sometimes you can't make a point in one tweet son

Mental midget? Ok

You're right they shouldn't listen to fans who have an opinion that is counter to their egos.

And excuse my twitter inexperience, how'd you get those tweets?

It's the internet, unless you post something in a way that's private, it's there for the world to see. Did you think we wouldn't have been able to see them and know how they weren't innocent at all? Just a fan with some pointers/questions, eh...

And I didn't say it was counter to their egos, but it would be annoying as hell to have some random person tweeting you multiple times (among all the other random people doing the same thing) and have an alert for each come to your phone or email?

You called them spoiled brats with no education making millions off the backs of people making $50K a year and then told them they aren't qualified to compete with you making investments - all from an account called "Mgmt&HockeyGuru - BizWiz who will tweet on Biz, sports, the biz of sports, sometimes random musings and politics. Have worked on Wall St. Bay St. and Main St."

Yeah, clearly not insulting at all. I'm glad I don't take investment advice from someone who so clearly is deluding themselves.

Edited by elvis15, 18 September 2012 - 10:42 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's the internet, unless you post something in a way that's private, it's there for the world to see. Did you think we wouldn't have been able to see them and know how they weren't innocent at all? Just a fan with some pointers/questions, eh...

And I didn't say it was counter to their egos, but it would be annoying as hell to have some random person tweeting you multiple times (among all the other random people doing the same thing) and have an alert for each come to your phone or email?

You called them spoiled brats with no education making millions off the backs of people making $50K a year and then told them they aren't qualified to compete with you making investments - all from an account called "Mgmt&HockeyGuru - BizWiz who will tweet on Biz, sports, the biz of sports, sometimes random musings and politics. Have worked on Wall St. Bay St. and Main St."

Yeah, clearly not insulting at all. I'm glad I don't take investment advice from someone who so clearly is deluding themselves.

Nope, I don't care, just asking an honest question. And, well lets debate your points

Also, the fact that all three happened to block me the same time is kinda funny in my mind, says I got in their heads, hit a nerve, not about being annoying.

1. No education = majority of NHL'ers don't have beyond a HS education right? Fact
2. Median income in the USA = 50k, likely the same in Canada = Fact
3. Therefore they are making millions off people earning 50k = Fact
4. Where does a HS education get you in this world, earning potential very low = Fact
5. They definitely couldn't compete with me in my arena where I make significantly more, since this took years of education, experience with some of the best in the world = Fact, so yes they are the best at hockey but it doesn't change any of my arguments.
6. Someone getting paid millions by people earning 50 and crying poor is greed and childishness/spoiled brats = fact
7. Since I have been around alot of greed and entitlement attitude, I'm pretty good at seeing it ;) = Fact

Not sure what I said there that wasn't fact.

And btw, you'd only be so lucky for me to even accept your money. We're pretty selective with whose money we manage because we can be. :)

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 September 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#45 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

We're all greedy, and hockey players are no exception. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is, always has been, and always will be. Get over it.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#46 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Or maybe, Juice and Kes are tired of reading everyone complain to them about something they don't quite understand like Juice and Kes do.
Blocking you on twitter didn't lose us Game 7.

Edited by Pekka Rinne, 18 September 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#47 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Or maybe, Juice and Kes are tired of reading everyone complain to them about something they don't quite understand like Juice and Kes do.
Blocking you on twitter didn't lose us Game 7.

I understand it fully. They make millions playing a game in which people paying 100-200 seat are making 50k a year. There are now people who work at concession stands, parking, restos and bars without jobs. Many of these people cannot afford to not work, they also will have a tough time finding a new job in this economy and if they do they have to give up their current spot.

All because millions a year to play a game, is not enough. Fourth liners making $1 million is not enough. Guys putting in 50 pts making 4.5 million is not enough. 50 pts?

I understand it completely, the point is, neither they nor you do.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 September 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#48 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

6. Someone getting paid millions by people earning 50 and crying poor is greed and childishness/spoiled brats = fact

This is an opinion, not a fact.

#49 MikeBossy

MikeBossy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

So here's my question to the OP as well as others who have posted all over CDC about greedy players etc etc.

What product exactly would the owners be marketing without the players?

Revenues have increased substantially over the length of the CBA yet once again the owners are asking the players to make up for poor choices the league thru Bettman have made such as Atlanta and Phoenix - hell even Dallas isnt making any money. How excatly is that the players fault? It would be like your boss asking you to take a 24% pay cut to help out the company and then after assisting him in increasing revenues having him come back and say "Look I know you helped out last time and took a pay cut and yes revenues are up but I still need you to take another pay cut even though the company has increased revenues "

Sorry but I support the players this time around - Lou/Kesler/Bieksa included. If you are mad at them and players in general then don't watch hockey anymore when they do settle the CBA because no matter what this will continue every time the CBA expires as long as Gary Bettman is in charge.

Thanks to R.Luongo. for the amazing sig

#50 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

This is an opinion, not a fact.

lol...ok well if you think complaining when someone making one percent of what you make, who is paying to see you is not acting like a spoiled brat...well I have nothing more to say to you. lol

other than wow

#51 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

lol...ok well if you think complaining when someone making one percent of what you make, who is paying to see you is not acting like a spoiled brat...well I have nothing more to say to you. lol

other than wow

Oh, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But you said all of those things were facts. And they weren't. :)

#52 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

Oh, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But you said all of those things were facts. And they weren't. :)

May as well be a fact..close enough

#53 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

May as well be a fact..close enough

Mmm, nope, still an opinion. Now is it well-formed...

#54 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,990 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

Nope, I don't care, just asking an honest question. And, well lets debate your points

Also, the fact that all three happened to block me the same time is kinda funny in my mind, says I got in their heads, hit a nerve, not about being annoying.

1. No education = majority of NHL'ers don't have beyond a HS education right? Fact
2. Median income in the USA = 50k, likely the same in Canada = Fact
3. Therefore they are making millions off people earning 50k = Fact
4. Where does a HS education get you in this world, earning potential very low = Fact
5. They definitely couldn't compete with me in my arena where I make significantly more, since this took years of education, experience with some of the best in the world = Fact, so yes they are the best at hockey but it doesn't change any of my arguments.
7. Since I have been around alot of greed and entitlement attitude, I'm pretty good at seeing it ;) = Fact

And btw, you'd only be so lucky for me to even accept your money. We're pretty selective with whose money we manage because we can be. :)

So with those stats, do you have sources to back that up? Particularly about points 1, 3, 5. How do you know the average hockey viewer in the US fits the median income profile? How do you know those players in particular haven't gone on and taken some sort of post secondary education, or that the majority haven't? Do you have any proof that they or any other NHL'er hasn't taken the same education you have to work in the same industry after their careers are done and could compete with you?

I didn't even say anything about whether or not what you tweeted was fact.

That's not even the point. the point is you've come here and posted a thread on CDC about how three hockey players blocked you when you tried to "educate" them on how they're being spoiled brats in this, and you came to the conclusion that you got in their heads.

My point is this, and it's supported somewhat by your lack of simple internet knowledge (Twitter is public!), they get so many tweets that they probably hardly glanced at what you sent, saw uneducated, spoiled brats, etc, etc, and blocked you right along with all the other nutjobs that text them much worse things.

In your amazing job, if you were reviewing new hires would you read every cover letter in depth and weigh their points regardless of their tone or length? If someone made points with similar tone or content to people you wouldn't want to hire, or had a six page cover letter when the standard is one, would you even look at their work experience or throw it in the garbage? You'd put it in the trash along with any others that weren't strong enough to make the cut so you didn't have to waste your time considering all the other resumes you have yet to review.

That's what they decided to do with you and your tweets.

My opinion is this, they were right to do so, especially when you've done nothing but prove your as much or more condescending and elitist as you're making them out to be. You've made assumptions about me without knowing anything about how much I make or what I do, but you've tried to spell it out in every post and on your Twitter account that you clearly think you're above the "median income" fan that you're trying to use in your argument for why the players are so bad.

Get off your high horse and take a step back, you'll realize how bad you sound and how stupid this whole topic actually is. If you want to discuss the issues around the CBA and the lockout, there's a 33 page thread dedicated to it.

Edited by elvis15, 18 September 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

I love how they're 'spoiled brats' because they make millions. You keep bringing up 'they make millions off people who make 50k' and thanks for the laugh when you said 'I donated more than the Sedins to BC CP'
Posted Image

#56 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

So with those stats, do you have sources to back that up? Particularly about points 1, 3, 5. How do you know the average hockey viewer in the US fits the median income profile? How do you know they in particular haven't gone on and taken some sort of post secondary education, or that the majority haven't? Do you have any proof that they or any other NHL'er hasn't taken the same education you have to work in the same industry after they're careers are done and could compete with you?

That's not even the point. the point is you've come here and posted a thread on CDC about how three hockey players blocked you when you tried to "educate" them on how they're being spoiled brats in this, and you came to the conclusion that you got in their heads.

My point is this, and it's supported somewhat by your lack of simple internet knowledge (Twitter is public!), they get so many tweets that they probably hardly glanced at what you sent, saw uneducated, spoiled brats, etc, etc, and blocked you right along with all the other nutjobs that text them much worse things.

My opinion is this, they were right to do so, especially when you've done nothing but prove your as condescending and elitist or even more than you're making them out to be. You've made assumptions about me without knowing anything about how much I make or what I do, but you've tried to spell it out in every post and on your Twitter account that you clearly think you're above the "median income" fan that you're trying to use in your argument for why the players are so bad.

Get off your high horse and take a step back, you'll realize how bad you sound and how stupid this whole topic actually is. If you want to discuss the issues around the CBA and the lockout, there's a 33 page thread dedicated to it.

Ok

Listen

If you want to act like the republicans and just make up stuff to support your arguments fine. If you want to have an intelligent conversation there are some things you have to just realize you are not going to win in a debate here son.

1.http://www.nytimes.c...-says.html?_r=0

2. If you understand statistics, you'd realize I am probably being generous suggesting the average fan makes the median income in the US, if you don't understand that point, take a course at a university in stats.

3. Most players in the NHL have not come from the college route, that is a fact. And again, you may want to hypothesize that somehow the majority of these guys are taking summer classes at universities, then following along to do their masters but ok...sure buddy.

4. Point about competing is about now. You really don't get the nuances of arguments do you. What is their alternative at this point? If they had no hockey to play, no millions from playing a sport, what exactly would they do tomorrow? Not suggesting they couldn't compete if they had the education and experience I do, point is they DON'T and they are complaining making millions.

I really don't quite understand how people are suggesting that people making millions crying poor is not disingenuous and insulting to the fans.

But ok, thats your opinion good on ya.

P.S wasn't trying to educate, was sending a message about being thankful and appreciative for what the game has provided them, something Mr. Gretzky and some of the greats who respected the game and fans understood.

But I guess in today's gen Y narcisstic world, and clearly I am arguing with a group of them, its me first, fu ck the rest and take what I can, when I can. I also do not believe I am above anybody son. I make a terrific living, and am appreciative for it, and that was my point to them, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Appreciate when you've been fortunate and part of that involves respecting the thing that provided that fortunate circumstance, since many, many in this world are not so fortunate. And when those who are less fortunate than you, are actually the ONEs creating that wealth, you have even MORE of a responsibility to respect it.

I know many of you can't comprehend that, that respecting that source of your success matters. You think being good hockey players, working hard as kids was the source of their success?

Their MATERIAL success is all due to people making 50k, taking their kid to a game, the people working the concessions, parking, marketing, to increase revenues, to ensure they get paid 5 mill vs 500 a game.

That's the part you just won't see and accept, and nor will they, instead it's all about how good they are. Well if people didn't care to part with their money, it wouldnt matter, and they wouldn't be so rich would they?

So who makes them wealthy? the fans? or themselves? Answer that and perhaps they will learn some respect for the game.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 19 September 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#57 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

I love how they're 'spoiled brats' because they make millions. You keep bringing up 'they make millions off people who make 50k' and thanks for the laugh when you said 'I donated more than the Sedins to BC CP'

We've heard that, come up with something original, and how bout you try and stick to the OP, the topic...is that too hard for you? maybe a bit?

#58 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Ok

Listen

If you want to act like the republicans and just make up stuff to support your arguments fine. If you want to have an intelligent conversation there are some things you have to just realize you are not going to win in a debate here son.

1.http://www.nytimes.c...-says.html?_r=0

2. If you understand statistics, you'd realize I am probably being generous suggesting the average fan makes the median income in the US, if you don't understand that point, take a course at a university in stats.

3. Most players in the NHL have not come from the college route, that is a fact. And again, you may want to hypothesize that somehow the majority of these guys are taking summer classes at universitys, then following along to do masters but ok...sure buddy.

4. Point about competing is about now. You really don't get the nuances of arguments do you. What is there alternative at this point? If they had no hockey to play, no millions from playing a sport, what exactly would they do tomorrow? Not suggesting they couldn't compete if they had the education and experience I do, point is they DON'T and they are complaining making millions.

I really don't quite understand how people are suggesting that people making millions crying poor is not disingenuous and insulting to the fans.

But ok, thats your opinion good on ya.

:picard: just because they aren't stuck up assholes with a college degree they don't deserve to make money? You act like you're better than everyone, when yet you're probably not.
Posted Image

#59 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

We've heard that, come up with something original, and how bout you try and stick to the OP, the topic...is that too hard for you? maybe a bit?

Yeah clearly I didn't study long enough to get my topic degree at university.
Clearly you're qualified enough to judge people.
Posted Image

#60 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

:picard: just because they aren't stuck up assholes with a college degree they don't deserve to make money? You act like you're better than everyone, when yet you're probably not.

Did I say that? I said they should understand they are fortunate, and that making millions to play hockey, whether its 4.5 or 3.85 is not a thing to complain about and certainly not something to cry poor over.

What are you talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.