The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler/Bieksa/Lou Twitter

BuretoMogilny

pics or didn't happen, you can say a lot of untrue things on an internet forum. You nor I have any knowledge of the exact proposals that have been put on the table. Bieksa, Kesler, and Lu are fantastic people who make millions doing something they love, I personally think this is less about a moral stand point and you just being jealous. But alas I am EST and have a busy day tomorrow.

goodnight, I am sure many CDC members will agree with your complaints of twitter blockings.

Well your choice I don't really care either way. My point is not about that. Its about players true attitudes about this lockout, about the fans and their character and yes I am questioning it. Because if you are on social media, and the only interaction you can handle is that which inflates your already over inflated ego well....its a sign into your mindset isnt it.

Not sure about how this topic got derailed but please stick to the original post. My comments are about how the actions of a couple of players speaks to an entitlement attitiude and one in which they state they care about the fans/others losing jobs but their actions say something different.

Moreover, their unwillingness to engage or merely accept that fans will have a differing perspective on this given how much money both sides have in their wallets shows a distinct lack of emotional intelligence and certainly displays where their priorities lie, in their wallets and that they have little concern for the fans and those economically affected by the lack of the game, and a situation where those people are affected much more significantly than they will ever be.

Perhaps they should take a page out of Wayne's book, where he has stated over and over, he owes the game everything, he would never have had all the opportunities, fortune he achieved without it. Something clearly Mr. Bieksa and Kesler and the majority of players don't seem to understand.

Do you think that a person playing professional hockey, a regular NHL player on the fourth line is poor if he is making $1million per year and at the same time his owner is losing money.

Do you think this is fair, and secondly sustainable?

Do you know only 7 teams in the NHL turned a profit?

Honest questions, please answer.

1) No, not poor. However, compared to other pro atheletes, they are making an appropriate amount.

2) No, I don't believe the league is currently sustainable. Owners need to stop throwing out these crazy contracts, and they need to give up on these southern markets. Move a few north. Lower the cap a bit, and rollback salaries a few percent.

3) Yes, I was aware.

Everyone is greedy, its part of human nature. You don't know what it's like to be in the shoes of them so I don't think its fair to jump to conclusions.

I hate to be direct with these matters, but these players worked their asses off to get to the point they are now. Sure life is unfair and some working harder makes less than someone who doesn't work as hard. That's life, it's unfair, and TBH I don't see a reason why people are complaining about how much hockey players are making compared to the normal folks like myself.

Everyone has a choice to support the NHL or not. Sure the players get the money, but the fans get benefits too..

I don't think the money-share is going to be the biggest hurdle in these negotiations. I see the final CBA somewhere around 50/50. I think the biggest problem is the leagues need to sink better spent money on crapty hockey market teams.

OP, im not sure what you expected. Generally a member of a union is not going to engage with some pleb over their work stoppages. Also, in most unions, you are going to catch crap for running your mouth when your union members need to stand united.

If i was in their shoes i would block you too. I can't imagine id want to address hundreds of twits regarding this and i dont think twitter will let you write a script that reply's in macro's to bitchy fans.

Tough enough to take a stand against a self-important idiot. Seems like he's taking a stand now as well when it's his own livelihood at stake.

You do realize you probably aren't the first mental midget to think to hit up an NHL hockey player via twitter and voice your opinion? And that while you might not be as aggressive or loud as the others, they're well within their rights to not have to deal with the hundreds, if not thousands of people spamming their inboxes with nothing but drivel.

BTW, was the tone of your tweets anything like this:

And what could well be the tweets from the original account:

I'd block you too for spamming my account like that. You were not so friendly as you made out in the OP. You've done the same for @NHL and @TedLeonsis too. Give it a rest and stop getting pissy over them blocking you when 90% of the population would do the same.

Everyone is greedy, its part of human nature. You don't know what it's like to be in the shoes of them so I don't think its fair to jump to conclusions.

I hate to be direct with these matters, but these players worked their asses off to get to the point they are now. Sure life is unfair and some working harder makes less than someone who doesn't work as hard. That's life, it's unfair, and TBH I don't see a reason why people are complaining about how much hockey players are making compared to the normal folks like myself.

Everyone has a choice to support the NHL or not. Sure the players get the money, but the fans get benefits too..

Archived