The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler/Bieksa/Lou Twitter

BuretoMogilny

I don't think the money-share is going to be the biggest hurdle in these negotiations. I see the final CBA somewhere around 50/50. I think the biggest problem is the leagues need to sink better spent money on crapty hockey market teams.

OP, im not sure what you expected. Generally a member of a union is not going to engage with some pleb over their work stoppages. Also, in most unions, you are going to catch crap for running your mouth when your union members need to stand united.

If i was in their shoes i would block you too. I can't imagine id want to address hundreds of twits regarding this and i dont think twitter will let you write a script that reply's in macro's to bitchy fans.

It's the internet, unless you post something in a way that's private, it's there for the world to see. Did you think we wouldn't have been able to see them and know how they weren't innocent at all? Just a fan with some pointers/questions, eh...

And I didn't say it was counter to their egos, but it would be annoying as hell to have some random person tweeting you multiple times (among all the other random people doing the same thing) and have an alert for each come to your phone or email?

You called them spoiled brats with no education making millions off the backs of people making $50K a year and then told them they aren't qualified to compete with you making investments - all from an account called "Mgmt&HockeyGuru - BizWiz who will tweet on Biz, sports, the biz of sports, sometimes random musings and politics. Have worked on Wall St. Bay St. and Main St."

Yeah, clearly not insulting at all. I'm glad I don't take investment advice from someone who so clearly is deluding themselves.

So here's my question to the OP as well as others who have posted all over CDC about greedy players etc etc.

What product exactly would the owners be marketing without the players?

Revenues have increased substantially over the length of the CBA yet once again the owners are asking the players to make up for poor choices the league thru Bettman have made such as Atlanta and Phoenix - hell even Dallas isnt making any money. How excatly is that the players fault? It would be like your boss asking you to take a 24% pay cut to help out the company and then after assisting him in increasing revenues having him come back and say "Look I know you helped out last time and took a pay cut and yes revenues are up but I still need you to take another pay cut even though the company has increased revenues "

Sorry but I support the players this time around - Lou/Kesler/Bieksa included. If you are mad at them and players in general then don't watch hockey anymore when they do settle the CBA because no matter what this will continue every time the CBA expires as long as Gary Bettman is in charge.

Nope, I don't care, just asking an honest question. And, well lets debate your points

Also, the fact that all three happened to block me the same time is kinda funny in my mind, says I got in their heads, hit a nerve, not about being annoying.

1. No education = majority of NHL'ers don't have beyond a HS education right? Fact

2. Median income in the USA = 50k, likely the same in Canada = Fact

3. Therefore they are making millions off people earning 50k = Fact

4. Where does a HS education get you in this world, earning potential very low = Fact

5. They definitely couldn't compete with me in my arena where I make significantly more, since this took years of education, experience with some of the best in the world = Fact, so yes they are the best at hockey but it doesn't change any of my arguments.

6. Someone getting paid millions by people earning 50 and crying poor is greed and childishness/spoiled brats = fact

7. Since I have been around alot of greed and entitlement attitude, I'm pretty good at seeing it ;) = Fact

Not sure what I said there that wasn't fact.

And btw, you'd only be so lucky for me to even accept your money. We're pretty selective with whose money we manage because we can be. :)

So with those stats, do you have sources to back that up? Particularly about points 1, 3, 5. How do you know the average hockey viewer in the US fits the median income profile? How do you know they in particular haven't gone on and taken some sort of post secondary education, or that the majority haven't? Do you have any proof that they or any other NHL'er hasn't taken the same education you have to work in the same industry after they're careers are done and could compete with you?

That's not even the point. the point is you've come here and posted a thread on CDC about how three hockey players blocked you when you tried to "educate" them on how they're being spoiled brats in this, and you came to the conclusion that you got in their heads.

My point is this, and it's supported somewhat by your lack of simple internet knowledge (Twitter is public!), they get so many tweets that they probably hardly glanced at what you sent, saw uneducated, spoiled brats, etc, etc, and blocked you right along with all the other nutjobs that text them much worse things.

My opinion is this, they were right to do so, especially when you've done nothing but prove your as condescending and elitist or even more than you're making them out to be. You've made assumptions about me without knowing anything about how much I make or what I do, but you've tried to spell it out in every post and on your Twitter account that you clearly think you're above the "median income" fan that you're trying to use in your argument for why the players are so bad.

Get off your high horse and take a step back, you'll realize how bad you sound and how stupid this whole topic actually is. If you want to discuss the issues around the CBA and the lockout, there's a /topic/334233-official-cba-negotiations-and-lockout-thread/">33 page thread dedicated to it.

Ok

Listen

If you want to act like the republicans and just make up stuff to support your arguments fine. If you want to have an intelligent conversation there are some things you have to just realize you are not going to win in a debate here son.

1.http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/us/us-incomes-dropped-last-year-census-bureau-says.html?_r=0

2. If you understand statistics, you'd realize I am probably being generous suggesting the average fan makes the median income in the US, if you don't understand that point, take a course at a university in stats.

3. Most players in the NHL have not come from the college route, that is a fact. And again, you may want to hypothesize that somehow the majority of these guys are taking summer classes at universitys, then following along to do masters but ok...sure buddy.

4. Point about competing is about now. You really don't get the nuances of arguments do you. What is there alternative at this point? If they had no hockey to play, no millions from playing a sport, what exactly would they do tomorrow? Not suggesting they couldn't compete if they had the education and experience I do, point is they DON'T and they are complaining making millions.

I really don't quite understand how people are suggesting that people making millions crying poor is not disingenuous and insulting to the fans.

But ok, thats your opinion good on ya.

Archived