#1 clutchburr

clutchburr

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

POPULAR

I was thinking that as fans, maybe we could put on some sort of spectacle of our own. Seeing as October 11th would be the first day of the new regular season, my proposal is that us Canuck fans (or any NHL fans) gather in front of Rogers Arena at around 7 pm with our jerseys turned inside out, like what the Canucks recently did in practice. I don't really have anything planned beyond that, but I thought it would be cool to get a couple thousand people down there and maybe draw some news cameras and voice our opinions and whatnot. Just an idea.

If you don't want to or can't come down, just make sure to wear your jersey inside out October 11th!

Here's the Facebook group: http://www.facebook....60507190737384/

#2 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

It's an interesting idea, however it will never work.

I say instead of protesting, how about you watch some Chicago Wolves hockey until December, that way you won't get frustrated with the lockout!

3Goktj2.jpg

#3 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

It might not accomplish anything, but it still would be fun, and who knows? It would definitely get the attention of the league. I'm sure the players would appreciate the gesture too. Who knows? If it got big enough, maybe some of the guys would even show up.

#4 onixx

onixx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

POPULAR

And if that dosnt get media attention maybe we can start a riot

#5 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Meh, waste of time..If anything we should boycott..why should we waste out energy if the people being payed can't figure it out for themselves.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#6 onixx

onixx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

I don't think Canucks fans need any more media attention involving the NHL and their displeasure towards it

#7 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Pass.

No point being like those Occupy retards. They have accomplished what, exactly?
Posted Image

#8 10Bure14Burrows

10Bure14Burrows

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

It's not bad idea for fun . But I really can't come over there . Because 11th october is mine 25th birthday :)

Fans I will be sorry . I wouldn't be part of it

Edited by 10Bure14Burrows, 18 September 2012 - 11:47 PM.

Forever Canuck !

#9 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

The lockout is about....
MONEY, your money!

Hit em' where it hurts!

#10 Display Name

Display Name

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

Why not, I'm down.
Believe in Schneider.

#11 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

This does nothing. If fans want to make a stand, they shouldn't care. Don't show up. Don't care. Protesting will prove that fans care, and allows the NHLPA and Owners to ignore the fans completely. You certainly won't effect willingness to negotiate. Why the hell would they care? It's about the money, and you are proving that you'd come back once it's back on. In fact, they expect you to protest just like they expect you to come back. You and groups protesting without any point or purpose is useless.

Edited by Rey, 19 September 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#12 windiddy0

windiddy0

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

POPULAR

Pass.

No point being like those Occupy retards. They have accomplished what, exactly?

And you've accomplished a lot by doing nothing? I agree with the OP, we should do something, anything. Ya, I'll admit, us Vancouver fans already have a terrible rep and it wouldn't get much better with a protest. But at least we'd be doing something. By sitting back and accepting the leagues decision to lockout the players we're telling them, as avid hockey fans, we support the idea. You can write as many angry comments on gary bettmans Facebook page as you want, but NOTHING will come of it. I say we start a "fire Bettman" petition, but realistically the inside out jersey idea is much more effective. I'll be there with my jersey inside out my friend. And that's a promise. Even if it's just the two of us, I don't care. My voice WILL be heard.

#13 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:00 AM

When did the Canucks do something like this at practice? is there an article or photo I can see?

Posted Image

#14 Display Name

Display Name

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

And you've accomplished a lot by doing nothing? I agree with the OP, we should do something, anything. Ya, I'll admit, us Vancouver fans already have a terrible rep and it wouldn't get much better with a protest. But at least we'd be doing something. By sitting back and accepting the leagues decision to lockout the players we're telling them, as avid hockey fans, we support the idea. You can write as many angry comments on gary bettmans Facebook page as you want, but NOTHING will come of it. I say we start a "fire Bettman" petition, but realistically the inside out jersey idea is much more effective. I'll be there with my jersey inside out my friend. And that's a promise. Even if it's just the two of us, I don't care. My voice WILL be heard.

:towel:
Believe in Schneider.

#15 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Unfortunately, in this scenario. Doing nothing is MUCH more meaningful than doing something.

At least, if no one showed up, it'll make the owners and players somewhat worried. Fans showing up does absolutely nothing. Literally, anyone standing out there really hasn't gotten a clue what the lockout means. What are you going to say? "End lockout"? Hey fans, thanks for showing that you care. Unfortunately, because you care, I am in fact, not worried at all about not being able to take your money. NEXT>

Please educate yourselves.

It's just like the "Fire Bettman" crap. Most people don't even know why they hate Bettman. "Oh he created the lockout!". Yes, he's a one man wrecking crew and he can do that, right? I'm sure 80%+ of fans haven't got a clue of what's going on and just follow the crowd. Firing Bettman doesn't solve anything, and you'll just have another scapegoat to replace him.

Inside out Jersey, woopdydooooo. Proving that we're too stupid to wear clothing properly?

Your VOICE = $$$$$$ to the players and owners. Such a stupid idea. "OH IM PASSIONATE!". No dingus, you being passionate is a good thing in THEIR eyes. If anything, you'll prolong the damn lockout.

Edited by Rey, 19 September 2012 - 01:27 AM.

#16 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Good luck with that
Posted Image

#17 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Nothing will come of any sort of protest.
It's all about the money, and I seriously doubt anybody that ever gave their money to the NHL before will stay true to any promise that they will boycott the NHL once it returns, everybody will just be too happy that hockey is back.
Posted Image

#18 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,818 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

The NHL billionaire boys club games continue.

Isn't it fun being a fan of a league that can't get their greedy acts together long enough to knife one another in the back?

Vancouver Giants,local hockey of any sort is the answer.

Of course,the Wolves will be great hockey for Canucks fans.

#19 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

haha, 2nd riot in how many years, I don't think so

#20 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

POPULAR

The best protest would be if and when the season starts, nobody show up to the first 3 home games. Both players and owners take us for granted. That would send a message that would actually hurt both sides.

#21 White Goodman

White Goodman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

This does nothing. If fans want to make a stand, they shouldn't care. Don't show up. Don't care. Protesting will prove that fans care, and allows the NHLPA and Owners to ignore the fans completely. You certainly won't effect willingness to negotiate. Why the hell would they care? It's about the money, and you are proving that you'd come back once it's back on. In fact, they expect you to protest just like they expect you to come back. You and groups protesting without any point or purpose is useless.

Definitely have to agree with you here. The owners and Bettman already know that we will be back. The more we care about the season, the less they will care about it not happening.
Posted Image

#22 clutchburr

clutchburr

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'm not saying this is going to make Bettman say: "Oh so the fans do care! Hockey will resume!"; it's more of a symbolic act and honestly would be a fun event to have in our city, something that bonds us as hockey fans. I don't see this so much as a 'down-with-Bettman' protest, but more as a 'we-want-our-hockey' celebration.

Our last outside hockey gathering didn't go over too well, so I thought we could re-write the script with this.

#23 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#24 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

durring the first lockout i was mad........now i dont care. just put a garbage bin outside gm place and i will deposit my jersey and car flag.

#25 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,204 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Wow are folks jaded. People in Egypt did a peaceful protest and got the government to change. But I guess here in North America we're too selfish and scared to stand up for ourselves.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#26 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

The only effective protest is to boycott games and merchandise purchases AFTER the lockout ends. With your idea, you're just a bunch of goofs standing on the street. Enough of those downtown already!

#27 That Commentator

That Commentator

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Wow are folks jaded. People in Egypt did a peaceful protest and got the government to change. But I guess here in North America we're too selfish and scared to stand up for ourselves.

Too selfish and scared to stand up for ourselves? I'd say it's selfish and shortsighted to go through with a protest like this without even having a good idea of what you're trying to accomplish aside from saying, "LOCKOUT BAD, PLEASE STOP". You aren't "telling the league" anything that's going to shorten the length of the lockout, as others have said. To do this just for the sake of "doing something rather than nothing" is like trading away the Sedins, in the middle of a rut, for 2 other totally random top line players and just hoping that it works out.

This is not at all comparable to protests demanding change in government. This is more about sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

#28 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'm just wondering how weeed be sticking our nose where it doesn't belong? We are the ones that make it happen! A couple of idiots on here crying about what..other peoples passion for a sport they love..? Give your damn heads a shake man, the sport will return and ALL of us will be right back to paying 10 bux a beer and 200 bux a ticket, and if your saying you won't...wake up, you were back after 92, 05 and you will be back after this one, I say where your jersey inside out who is to tell you not to, not the clown shoes I've just read bashing this idea, maybe theyre all afraid of leaving they're mamis basements, where the govt. can't touch them! Sheeple away.. I don't live in van anymore but you can bet I will wear my jersey inside out on oct11!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#29 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Too selfish and scared to stand up for ourselves? I'd say it's selfish and shortsighted to go through with a protest like this without even having a good idea of what you're trying to accomplish aside from saying, "LOCKOUT BAD, PLEASE STOP". You aren't "telling the league" anything that's going to shorten the length of the lockout, as others have said. To do this just for the sake of "doing something rather than nothing" is like trading away the Sedins, in the middle of a rut, for 2 other totally random top line players and just hoping that it works out.

This is not at all comparable to protests demanding change in government. This is more about sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

If anything this is our biz, what is not..is anything to do with the govt. because as much as you believe you have a voice, you do not! It's people like you that I wouldn't count on. Ya people like the op we need more of, quit being so damn serious!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#30 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

If you're serious about this protest sell your jerseys for half their value. If people want a jersey they will come to you rather than giving their money to the NHL.

You also need to stop posting or viewing any NHL related websites (including CDC) so they take a hit from their advertising.

Good thread by D-Money in the general hockey thread about other places to boycott.

Anybody willing to do that?

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 19 September 2012 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.