The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lockout Protest

clutchburr

I was thinking that as fans, maybe we could put on some sort of spectacle of our own. Seeing as October 11th would be the first day of the new regular season, my proposal is that us Canuck fans (or any NHL fans) gather in front of Rogers Arena at around 7 pm with our jerseys turned inside out, like what the Canucks recently did in practice. I don't really have anything planned beyond that, but I thought it would be cool to get a couple thousand people down there and maybe draw some news cameras and voice our opinions and whatnot. Just an idea.

If you don't want to or can't come down, just make sure to wear your jersey inside out October 11th!

Here's the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/events/260507190737384/

It might not accomplish anything, but it still would be fun, and who knows? It would definitely get the attention of the league. I'm sure the players would appreciate the gesture too. Who knows? If it got big enough, maybe some of the guys would even show up.

This does nothing. If fans want to make a stand, they shouldn't care. Don't show up. Don't care. Protesting will prove that fans care, and allows the NHLPA and Owners to ignore the fans completely. You certainly won't effect willingness to negotiate. Why the hell would they care? It's about the money, and you are proving that you'd come back once it's back on. In fact, they expect you to protest just like they expect you to come back. You and groups protesting without any point or purpose is useless.

And you've accomplished a lot by doing nothing? I agree with the OP, we should do something, anything. Ya, I'll admit, us Vancouver fans already have a terrible rep and it wouldn't get much better with a protest. But at least we'd be doing something. By sitting back and accepting the leagues decision to lockout the players we're telling them, as avid hockey fans, we support the idea. You can write as many angry comments on gary bettmans Facebook page as you want, but NOTHING will come of it. I say we start a "fire Bettman" petition, but realistically the inside out jersey idea is much more effective. I'll be there with my jersey inside out my friend. And that's a promise. Even if it's just the two of us, I don't care. My voice WILL be heard.

And you've accomplished a lot by doing nothing? I agree with the OP, we should do something, anything. Ya, I'll admit, us Vancouver fans already have a terrible rep and it wouldn't get much better with a protest. But at least we'd be doing something. By sitting back and accepting the leagues decision to lockout the players we're telling them, as avid hockey fans, we support the idea. You can write as many angry comments on gary bettmans Facebook page as you want, but NOTHING will come of it. I say we start a "fire Bettman" petition, but realistically the inside out jersey idea is much more effective. I'll be there with my jersey inside out my friend. And that's a promise. Even if it's just the two of us, I don't care. My voice WILL be heard.

The NHL billionaire boys club games continue.

Isn't it fun being a fan of a league that can't get their greedy acts together long enough to knife one another in the back?

Vancouver Giants,local hockey of any sort is the answer.

Of course,the Wolves will be great hockey for Canucks fans.

Archived