Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Black Holes - Would Earth be sucked in?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

essentially yes, this is exactly what I was explaining. haha

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#62 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image

I probably should have done something like this instead, it explains it a lot better. Oh well.

#63 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Thankyou for the Newtonian Gravitational Constant with some Einstein thrown in for good measure.

My question is this :

If the Earth gets sucked into a Black Hole, do I have to give my money to Al Gore?
Posted Image

#64 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Go inside a black hole with Vsauce:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pAnRKD4raY

That's some crazy stuff! How does he know what it would be like? Would actually be kind of cool though to be able to see all around you with the contorted light, but I wonder if it would actually be like that? Hopefully we'll never have to find out :P

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#65 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

That's some crazy stuff! How does he know what it would be like? Would actually be kind of cool though to be able to see all around you with the contorted light, but I wonder if it would actually be like that? Hopefully we'll never have to find out :P

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#66 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

So nothing really came of the Large Hadron Collider did it? I really dont know a lot about protons and such, I'm clueless about this field of science.

Edit: Oops if found something called the Higgs Boson as I read now...? BRB research time!

Edited by PlayStation, 09 October 2012 - 11:30 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#67 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Sorry silverpig but I am totally correct. The nucleus of an atom weighs LESS than the sum of its' protons and neutrons. This "missing mass" is the energy stored to keep the nucleus together and is released when the nucleus is fissioned.

Yep. Messed that one up. Musta been thinking gluons or something.

Posted Image

Sort of. When black holes are involved this doesn't always work so well. You want

Guv = 8*pi*Tuv
Moo

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.