Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.&.Die.Nucks

Confident Lapierre hope to muscle into Canucks' third line

53 posts in this topic

Lappiere would be a really good 3rd liner, especially if he could cut down on the crap a little and focus on playing hockey 100% of the time (don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I have no doubts he could still be an even more effective player).

Only issue I have with him being our 3rd liner, is the possibility of an injury to Kesler or Henrik (though he will never ever get injured), and Lappy having to be on the 2nd line.

If Kassian is ready for top six minutes (if there is a season) we could keep Luongo (unlikely) and trade Raymond, and go with this:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

:towel:

Lappiere would be a really good 3rd liner, especially if he could cut down on the crap a little and focus on playing hockey 100% of the time (don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I have no doubts he could still be an even more effective player).

Only issue I have with him being our 3rd liner, is the possibility of an injury to Kesler or Henrik (though he will never ever get injured), and Lappy having to be on the 2nd line.

It's great that he added some more lbs. I always thought he was a 3rd line centre. He's sorta like our Dave Bolland. Good 3rd line centre, ability to score the odd goals, and agitate the opponent's top line. Plus he took boxing lessons last year too!!!!

Lappy would do an awesome job as third line center. He showed that in the playoffs when Manny was hurt...

Although, my hope is that Manny can get back to his old self before his injury.. But I am completely comfortable with Lappy on 3rd or 4th line

One thing about Lappy is that he has a very underrated offensive ability. If Burr ever went down, him or Hansen can do a good job of filling in because they play the same style as Burr. The Twins are really successful when they have a guy who is willing to get into the dirty areas in the corner or front of the net. The one advantage both Hansen and Lappy have over Burr is that they're right handed which is something that they work well with when they overload and cycle.

Some of you are going to interpret that as the two of them should play on a line with the twins instead of Burr, that's not what I'm saying, they're just suitable replacements...

i love this guy and i hope he sticks around for a long time.. he's got that inner will to win you see in guys like kesler and burrows. that fire is what takes your average players game to the next level.

i'll make a bold prediction right now and say he is going to be one of the best third line centers in the league in a couple years.. go ahead, flame away

Of course he's getting advice from a Circus. :bigblush:

Seriously though. His hard work is noticeable on the ice. Which is why other teams hate him. Also why he's a guy who's able to surprise us with a clutch goal once in a while.

I too wish he'd develop into more of a depth offensive player rather than being the guy drawing penalties by getting under the skin of the opposition. But hey, it's hockey, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire and Lapierre brings the gasoline with a smile on his face.

Wasn't Lappy who had the shift of the year last year. He worked the boards for a solid 90 seconds and then stripped the puck and took it to the front of the net and scored. Beautiful and classic.

Wait a minute. Am I in some lockout induced daydream?

Perhaps if he could raise his offensive game again. He had a very good season in Montreal with 28 points four years ago. If he can reach that total or better it, I'll be satisfied.

Wasn't Lappy who had the shift of the year last year. He worked the boards for a solid 90 seconds and then stripped the puck and took it to the front of the net and scored. Beautiful and classic.

Wait a minute. Am I in some lockout induced daydream?

i love lapierre...but i think having him as our 3rd line center might be putting a little too much on his plate

I've considered Lappy a third liner since Volpatti and Weise became our fourth line guys...to me, when Glass and Oreo were here it just seemed like a better fourth line for Max.

This guy is way more than a pest. 6'2", 220. Hits a ton, not afraid of anything...could he become the power forward we so desire?

I just love how to hate his grin / smirk hahaha. Every time he cracks a smile I just learn to laugh out loud because damn it's aggravating for fans and players of opposing teams.

Lapierre is Burrows 2.0, with his drive and tenacity in a couple of seasons he might just be on the 2nd line

Lapierre is a third line quality player - but being a contender means necessarily having great depth - and being able to ice a fourth line with Lapierre and Malhotra is the kind of depth that sets a team apart from most others. I think the Canucks have sufficient depth with Hank, Kesler, Lapierre, Malhotra, Schroeder - and now a couple young picks in the system as well, but that certainly wouldn't stop me from going out and adding another center to the mix, whether a young guy in a Luongo deal, or if not, a veteran UFA like Arnott to bridge a bit of gap as the younger guys prove themselves.

This guy is way more than a pest. 6'2", 220. Hits a ton, not afraid of anything...could he become the power forward we so desire?