Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Confident Lapierre hope to muscle into Canucks' third line

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#31 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

He reminds me a lot of Kesler when he plays. (physical game, speed, chirping) I think he would do very well in the 3rd line center position and is a better player then he's given credit for.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#32 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Lappiere would be a really good 3rd liner, especially if he could cut down on the crap a little and focus on playing hockey 100% of the time (don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I have no doubts he could still be an even more effective player).
Only issue I have with him being our 3rd liner, is the possibility of an injury to Kesler or Henrik (though he will never ever get injured), and Lappy having to be on the 2nd line.

I would think if Henrik or Kesler go down, then either Schroeder or Ebbett would get the offensive minutes. We've seen AV do this with Tambellini and Ebbett already. AV likes to keep his third down primarily for defensive role.

#33 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Lapierre looks noticeably bigger in the golf tournament photos. And oh my, didn't realize Kassian was such a huge dude. He looks so big compared to the rest of the canucks.

#34 TGokou

TGokou

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

AV was an idiot for splitting up Burr/Sedin/Lapierre in the playoffs. I mean seriously, the guy was ppg and he splits them up after playing them the entire last few games of regular season. He really does have a loose screw up in his head.

#35 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I really want the season to start, even if it is late. :( I want to see our team play!

#36 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,215 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Kassian

307mg00.jpg

#37 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

AV was an idiot for splitting up Burr/Sedin/Lapierre in the playoffs. I mean seriously, the guy was ppg and he splits them up after playing them the entire last few games of regular season. He really does have a loose screw up in his head.

Agreed.Then they mixed up all the D pairings to add to the confusion.
It is like MG intended to throw the series-and Luongo.

#38 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Yeah. I've loved this acquisition. What a troll. You just want to punch that face lol...
To think, Bolduc was once our 4C [Shudder]

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, but it is possible he's got more to bring to the table.

Getting both him and Higgy at deadline was pretty amazingsauce'

#39 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Lappy would make a great third liner. Hard working, tough, gets under the other team's skin, goes to the dirty areas etc, etc.

Can't wait to see what he'd do.

(When this lockout ends <_< )

YEAH

#40 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

On one hand I'm pretty satisfied with Lapierre. He is a great depth player and has hown at times he can move up the line up. I'm speaking more to him playing 3rd line centre in the 2011 play off's against Chicago, Nashville and San Jose than getting some goals with Henrik a few games this year.

But, and its a BIG but...

Imagine if we started without Kesler, and then Hank got injured? :blink:

Would you want to play with a starting lineup of

Danny/Schroeder/Burrows
Higgins/Lapierre/Booth
Raymond/Malhotra/Hansen
Volpatti/Gaunce/Kassian (although this looks a big fast 4th line!)

??? :sadno: Too weak down the middle if an eventual injury finally happens to ironman Hank!

I'm still for signing Arnott; regardless of how pumped I am about Lapierre!

#41 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

I'm in agreement with this! :towel:

He reminds me a lot of Kesler when he plays. (physical game, speed, chirping) I think he would do very well in the 3rd line center position and is a better player then he's given credit for.

#42 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hoping to see this

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Schroeder Burrows
Higgins Lapierre Hansen (or swap Burr and Higgy for the ultimate Troll line)
Raymond Malholtra Pinozotto

#43 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Don't you dare question the names out of hat method! lol, I seriously think he just forgot Daniel was injured, he still thought he saw him everyday at practice.

#44 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Could you guys imagine a third line of

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian or Hansen-Lapierre-Kassian, they would destroy. Kassian is going to be far better then last year quote me on it.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#45 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

On one hand I'm pretty satisfied with Lapierre. He is a great depth player and has hown at times he can move up the line up. I'm speaking more to him playing 3rd line centre in the 2011 play off's against Chicago, Nashville and San Jose than getting some goals with Henrik a few games this year.

But, and its a BIG but...

Imagine if we started without Kesler, and then Hank got injured? :blink:

Would you want to play with a starting lineup of

Danny/Schroeder/Burrows
Higgins/Lapierre/Booth
Raymond/Malhotra/Hansen
Volpatti/Gaunce/Kassian (although this looks a big fast 4th line!)

??? :sadno: Too weak down the middle if an eventual injury finally happens to ironman Hank!

I'm still for signing Arnott; regardless of how pumped I am about Lapierre!

Any team losing their top 2 centers will be in trouble... so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

#46 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

I absolutely hated Lappy when we got him but for me he was our most improved player last year. All he lacks is softer hands and he would be a shoo in for 3rd line duty.

#47 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hansen-Lappy-Torres was such a sick line. wish we kept Torres.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#48 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Hansen-Lappy-Torres was such a sick line. wish we kept Torres.

That's a legit playoff team's 3rd line! Lapps and Torres won us 2 SCF games ffs, and then we break it up....

When his contract ends, Gillis should call him up and get the great ginger barbarian back in blue and green.

#49 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

Lapierre should be on our 3rd line. He's created more scoring chances than the other guys who have tried out for that spot. Lapierre has tons of heart. If he has indeed found a home in Vancouver, I will be ecstatic. I've loved the guy since watching him in Montreal making funny faces to the opposing players.

He should re-sign here and I hope he does.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#50 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

Wasn't Lappy who had the shift of the year last year. He worked the boards for a solid 90 seconds and then stripped the puck and took it to the front of the net and scored. Beautiful and classic.

Wait a minute. Am I in some lockout induced daydream?

This happened and sent shivers down my spine...I love Lappy and what he brings to the team. He takes so much heat around the league but he really stepped up last year and proved his worth both offensively and physically. The trades for him and Higgins were genius, I'm a huge fan of both and I think Ryan Kesler could learn from both of them! It boils my blood when he drops to the ice with his arms out like he's been shot..

#51 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

remember that max was our third line center during the Stanley cup run , he was a beast during that
Posted Image

#52 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Wait. Is he 220 pounds now? Holy crap.

Or did he lose some fat in the process?

Because 6'2 and 220 pounds.... that's... wow. That's incredible.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#53 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Any team losing their top 2 centers will be in trouble... so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Except Boston - if they lose Krejci or Bergeron, Seguin can step in right away, Philadelphia - if they lose Giroux or Briere, Schenn and Couturier can step in, Pittsburgh - if they lose Crosby or Malkin, Sutter is capable, and Carolina - if they lose Eric or Jordan Staal, Skinner or Jokinen can jump in.

If we had Hodgson, we would fall under the same category. If Schroeder can repeat what Hodgson was on pace for last year, we would be better prepared for a catastrophic event in which a top 6 center is injured.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.