The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ancient Papyrus Reveals Early Christians Belief That Jesus Was Married

TOMapleLaughs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9553178/Ancient-papyrus-could-be-evidence-that-Jesus-had-a-wife.html

Harvard Professor Karen King, an expert in the history of Christianity, said the text contains a dialogue in which Jesus refers to "my wife," whome he identifies as Mary...

... Four words in the 1.5-by-3-inch fragment provide the first evidence that some early Christians believed Jesus had been married, Ms King said. Those words, written in a language of ancient Egyptian Christians, translate to "Jeses said to them, my wife," King said.

Ms King said that in the dialogue the disciples discuss whether Mary is worthy and Jesus says "she can be my disciple."

Very interesting.

I believe Jesus existed, but I think the bible is a very minuscule document of his existence. So to say he wasn't married end of story, is just stubborn and ignorant.

We already know his real name was Yeshua and he spent 17 years of his life in India practicing Buddhist traditions. Why would it be such a surprise that he was married?

Archived