The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ancient Papyrus Reveals Early Christians Belief That Jesus Was Married

TOMapleLaughs

Also came across this today, though didn't get to read the whole article; what exactly are Coptic texts and is this snippet also in Scripture? Otherwise where did this Mrs. King find this writing?

Wondering why Jesus had to be a bachelor anyway. Isn't 'go forth and multiply' a prime directive? Or was the need to keep women excluded back then so great that the bible was revised?

Wondering if this information will be accepted by the church.

Very interesting.

I believe Jesus existed, but I think the bible is a very minuscule document of his existence. So to say he wasn't married end of story, is just stubborn and ignorant.

We already know his real name was Yeshua and he spent 17 years of his life in India practicing Buddhist traditions. Why would it be such a surprise that he was married?

imo It shouldn't matter if the dude was married or not, as it shouldn't change the impact of his teachings. However, it will matter as we're living in an age where we like to ignore the fundamentals and focus on the trivial. There will likely be a new church dedicated to a married Jesus. There's probably one already. Nevermind what he had to say though.

This also calls into question on how much of the bible has been revised. All of it?

Doesn't this essentially throw all of it into question then? Nah. Blasphemy.

The church has no choice but to bury this and move on. Business as usual. Probably have Karen killed too.

Very hollywood.

Isn't there a lack of contemporary evidence for Jesus in the first place? Some of the big names of Atheism make this claim and I haven't really heard any Christians rebuttal. Either because it's true or they don't know what contemporary means. Then again not understanding what something means or how something works hasn't stopped them from arguing against it. As Dillahunty says (I quote him a lot because the guy knows his 'stuff') "There is not a single contemporary account of Jesus. How can a man of his popularity live without being documented by a single person living at the time? Frankly, I don't care if Jesus existed or not, it's irrelevant to me, but it raises serious questions about him."

Matt Dillahunty. Atheist. Here's a guy who preaches his beliefs ('words of wisdom'), has tons of followers, has a radio show focusing on religion, has an internet site that broadcasts his fanatical views on religion, talks A LOT about Jesus, etc.

Sounds like an ordained minister to me.

Oh wait, he is an ordained minister. http://stephenunfiltered.blogspot.ca/2008_12_01_archive.html?m=1

Let's face it, Atheism is a religion, folks.

Smell the hypocrisy.

Archived