Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Ancient Papyrus Reveals Early Christians Belief That Jesus Was Married

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#91 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Not sure what your point was haha.

I posted what I did because hundreds on reddit atheism were commenting on it like it was the end of the world for theists :P

Perhaps they aren't as aware as we as to the power of the Christians ability in moving goalposts? ;)

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#92 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Perhaps they aren't as aware as we as to the power of the Christians ability in moving goalposts? ;)

But if the goal posts were never moved then the other team could score a touchdown!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,256 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Gnostics made up their own version of events rather than believing someone else's made up version of events.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#94 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

But if the goal posts were never moved then the other team could score a touchdown!!

At best they're preventing field goals, because touchdowns are easily scored on their poor excuse for defence, which isn't really any better than their offence, cause all that's made up of is a long string of Hail Mary's.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#95 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,256 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

At best they're preventing field goals, because touchdowns are easily scored on their poor excuse for defence, which isn't really any better than their offence, cause all that's made up of is a long string of Hail Mary's.

Posted Image

Edited by theminister, 20 September 2012 - 08:17 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#96 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#97 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,549 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Worship the sun. Pray to Joe Pesci!
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#98 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,256 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

I would consider myself to be an atheist, but I disagree with atheists starting churches (or at least in the sense that your post implies) so does that mean that I am part of a religion?

Non-practicing Atheist. Just like a non-practicing theist. Nothing special.
Posted Image

#99 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,129 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

On snap.

I heard he was a hockey player for a while. He had to quit though because he kept getting nailed to the boards.

Then there's the one about Jesus walking into a hotel, slapping a few nails down on the desk and asking if they can put him up for the night...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#100 Malaria

Malaria

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

What other fictional characters may or may not have been fictionally married to other fictional characters?

i hope you realize that there is a large amount of archaeological and historical evidence that Jesus existed, right? There is Jewish evidence of him being written about in the Talmud, Flavius Josephus (jewish historian) also mentions him in his Jewish Antiquities, Cornelius Tacitus a Roman historian mentions him and the early Christians, and a few others.

Do you know her personally? I've partied with her and her friends a bunch of times and it's awkward at first, until i get drunkPosted Image

#101 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Show me the scripture that verifies your claims. Also, show that much scholarly research has authenticated all of its scripture to be genuine for its era. And while you are at it, show me how the method of translation is done from its original language to English.

The Christian bible is scrutinized with the highest degree of textual criticism. In order for me to believe what you claim about Krishna, I need the same level of scrutiny.

It would be an incredible waste of my time to do all that research and referencing to prove something to a biased person who wouldn't believe any or it any ways.
Especially someone who made the following statement.

What's more important is that the accounts of other gods had their stories added and modified after the story of Christ to make theirs suspiciously similar to the story of Christ.

If you lived in a muslim country you would believe the Koran is the most scrutinized religious text in the world, if you were born in India you would likely pray to Ram and if you were born in Africa there is a chance you would pray to Shango the Thunder God. Because you grew up in a christian country you believe in Jesus the Sun God.

But a simple Google search will show you that Krishna was born to Devgi via divine conception.

Re your PM asking about Krishna's 7 older brothers. Yes they exist in hindu mythology. This has nothing to do with Krishna being born of divine conception. Just like Jesus' brothers and sisters were not born of miraculous conception in christian mythology.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 September 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#102 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,913 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

So I don't get it... do we believe in Jesus or not?

#103 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

So I don't get it... do we believe in Jesus or not?

The simple preacher man from 2000 years ago?

Or, the son of a virgin Jewish teenager, cause horny Jewish girls are rare, whose 'real dad' is God, which makes him also all God, or at least 33.3333% of the same God(the Son being the Father and all that logic) that impregnated the Jewish teenage girl, even though she was married(homewrecker), and even though he'd logically be half human since we know about genetics, fertilization, the formation of a fetus and the stages of pregnancy? That guy?? Yeah, i suppose so.

#104 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

http://markgoodacre.org/Watson.pdf
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#105 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,913 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

The simple preacher man from 2000 years ago?

Or, the son of a virgin Jewish teenager, cause horny Jewish girls are rare, whose 'real dad' is God, which makes him also all God, or at least 33.3333% of the same God(the Son being the Father and all that logic) that impregnated the Jewish teenage girl, even though she was married(homewrecker), and even though he'd logically be half human since we know about genetics, fertilization, the formation of a fetus and the stages of pregnancy? That guy?? Yeah, i suppose so.

If you believe in the former, who gives a damn, because he's just some Joe Schmoe who lived 2000 years ago and somehow we happen to have some vague historical records of him.

If you believe in the latter, who give a damn, because in the bible he is not married, plus you are already making several leaps of faith to believe all the things you noted, so this vague historical evidence is meaningless to you.

So no matter what you believe, I don't see how this story matters at all.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.