The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Ryan Kesler singled out as diver in NHL’s crackdown on embellishment

Alex the Great

Hear hear...the NHL has bigger problems then "diving" and should be addressing said problems ie. like career ending hits, inconsistent reffing, financial distress. This almost seems like a diversion tactic because it is so trivial. On the list of things that needs to be addressed in the NHL, and someone brings up "diving" as one of the growing "on ice problems", I'd say that should be 339th on the list of priorities. There are bigger things to address like acts that compromise the safety of the players like head hits and boarding, and consistent and appropriate disciplinary action such that it effectively deters any player from ever engaging in such conduct. We've seen far too many players unnecessarily go down due to another player's illegal acts causing injury and taking them out of the game. This should be more of a concern to the NHL...not "diving". People do not come to games to see their players go down or watch acts of brutality and see players lack of regard for each others safety, they come to watch their players play a good solid competitive, entertaining, skilled hockey game.

Besides, when I think Kesler...I think "playoff beast" and was lucky to have him on our side. I certainly would not have wanted to be playing against him...the guy was unstoppable.

Archived