The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Ryan Kesler singled out as diver in NHL’s crackdown on embellishment

Alex the Great

I'm not talking as if no one does anything like that in the playoffs, I'm talking about the reputation of the team. Besides, ask the Penguins and Detroit how they managed to win the cup - it certainly wasn't by bullying and diving. The reason they won was because of skill, and do people hate on the way they play? No. People only hate on the teams that are idiots and bully/dive.

All teams have divers.

Some more than others.

Kesler doesn't dive more per se.

He's just god awful at it.

Its so painfully obviously.

Dustin Brown on the other hand..."Master Embellisher"

I think this photo thing is stupid. Isn't going to amount to much.

Refs should be more liberal in calling a 2minute diving call.

Thats it.

What are you supposed to say? That Kesler is innocent? His antics sometimes make me want to throw my tv out the window. It is a black mark on hockey when players pull this crap. I love the Canucks but I think he needs to be grilled hard for this. Obviously AV doesn't seem to mind too much or he'd have put Kes in his place by now for it. Maybe AV pushes him to dive more? Either way this **** has got to stop.

Imagine if we wont the cup on a PPG that was a result of Kesler's diving. Would it feel right to you? It wouldn't for myself and many other Canucks fans out there. I'd rather win with hard work and integrity no matter how other teams decide to win.

The Refs need to call it when they see it then. They call the odd dive. But then they let a whole game play out with dives all over the place and don't call anything.

When Brad Marchand is allowed to blatantly dive 3 times in a single shift and it's not called, then that's the refs fault. The Refs message to Marchand is that it's okay to dive and show them up.

When Dustin Brown dives and keeps getting PP's for his team, it sends the message that diving is rewarding.

Archived