Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kent.S

Razer Blade

19 posts in this topic

First one is quite long, any opinions?

I think its a great laptop and it backs what they say up pretty well.

It's just the price tag is ridiculous.

Intrigued.

Eh... no external monitor hookup - that's a must. The built in app section is neat, hope that catches on.

I guess only a hardcore gamer who travels a lot would get one. I can't see a lot of people actually buying this though.

Intrigued.

Eh... no external monitor hookup - that's a must. The built in app section is neat, hope that catches on.

I use a laptop for my gaming, but I don't think I'd actually buy a straight up gaming laptop.

This is the new one that just came out right?

They released the first version last year, not too sure how well that sold considering it's hefty price tag.

As much as I like Razer, I would probably just got with an Alienware for laptop gaming.

They released the first version last year, not too sure how well that sold considering it's hefty price tag.

As much as I like Razer, I would probably just got with an Alienware for laptop gaming.

Why Alienware, out of curiosity?

I mean, I don't have much interest in a laptop for gaming largely because I don't like dealing with buying a complete unit from a specific brand. I've heard better things about Sager and Asus, really. Alienware is part of Dell, no?

Alienware was purchased by Dell in 2006 and is their top end gaming system brand. All they do/have ever done is assemble third party components into custom cases and charge a premium for it. Accessing Dells supply chain and economies of scale has lowered their prices a bit but I still find them overpriced compared to building my own gaming PC.

I find it very hard to get behind gaming laptops. Their price premium plus serious limitations are a deal breaker for me.

Gaming laptops, lol, gimme a break. Why would you ever need one? If you really do LAN a lot, why wouldn't you just build a gaming rig on a mATX board and put it in a small, LAN-ready case with a handle on it? Gaming laptops are stupid. Shouldn't be playing games that much anyway, lol, seriously.

If you're going to buy a gaming rig, do not get an Alienware or anything pre-made. You'll save hundreds and hundreds of dollars if you pick your own parts and have it assembled by NCIX (or by yourself, if you know how).

To be honest, it's always better to build your own, or pick your own parts. You'll always save money.

Gaming laptops, lol, gimme a break. Why would you ever need one? If you really do LAN a lot, why wouldn't you just build a gaming rig on a mATX board and put it in a small, LAN-ready case with a handle on it? Gaming laptops are stupid. Shouldn't be playing games that much anyway, lol, seriously.

If you're going to buy a gaming rig, do not get an Alienware or anything pre-made. You'll save hundreds and hundreds of dollars if you pick your own parts and have it assembled by NCIX (or by yourself, if you know how).

To be honest, it's always better to build your own, or pick your own parts. You'll always save money.

I already have built a computer, ive done all that. Laptop's (especially this one) offer more freedom.

Plus I so a lot of traveling. So it comes in handy.

I bought a laptop like a month ago when it was on sale... Have yet to open it still...