Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Razer Blade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

First one is quite long, any opinions?

I think its a great laptop and it backs what they say up pretty well.
It's just the price tag is ridiculous.

Edited by Kent.S, 19 September 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#2 GabbyTheAwesome

GabbyTheAwesome

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

I will never positively mention gaming and laptop in the same sentence.

#3 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Laptop gaming is just....STUPID!

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#4 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Intrigued.

Eh... no external monitor hookup - that's a must. The built in app section is neat, hope that catches on.

Edited by Ossi Vaanenen, 20 September 2012 - 12:22 AM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

I guess only a hardcore gamer who travels a lot would get one. I can't see a lot of people actually buying this though.

sig by Malkin71

#6 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Intrigued.

Eh... no external monitor hookup - that's a must. The built in app section is neat, hope that catches on.

i saw an hdmi output..

#7 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,751 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

I use a laptop for my gaming, but I don't think I'd actually buy a straight up gaming laptop.

Ptf4owj.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#8 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

Laptop gaming is just....STUPID!

No it's not, I do a lot of traveling and a lot of LAN's.
I got sick an tired of taking my 25 pound computer with me.

I will never positively mention gaming and laptop in the same sentence.

:picard:

Intrigued.

it's got an hdmi output, do you run anything else?

Edited by Kent.S, 20 September 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#9 ultraman7k

ultraman7k

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

This is the new one that just came out right?

They released the first version last year, not too sure how well that sold considering it's hefty price tag.

As much as I like Razer, I would probably just got with an Alienware for laptop gaming.
canucks

#10 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

They released the first version last year, not too sure how well that sold considering it's hefty price tag.

As much as I like Razer, I would probably just got with an Alienware for laptop gaming.

They sold all their stock in half an hour last year, ya I love Razer to. I've got all my gaming equipment from them

#11 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

Why Alienware, out of curiosity?

I mean, I don't have much interest in a laptop for gaming largely because I don't like dealing with buying a complete unit from a specific brand. I've heard better things about Sager and Asus, really. Alienware is part of Dell, no?

#12 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Intrigued.

it has hdmi output...

its a nice toy if you got money to blow.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#13 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Why Alienware, out of curiosity?

I mean, I don't have much interest in a laptop for gaming largely because I don't like dealing with buying a complete unit from a specific brand. I've heard better things about Sager and Asus, really. Alienware is part of Dell, no?

Alienware was purchased by Dell in 2006 and is their top end gaming system brand. All they do/have ever done is assemble third party components into custom cases and charge a premium for it. Accessing Dells supply chain and economies of scale has lowered their prices a bit but I still find them overpriced compared to building my own gaming PC.

I find it very hard to get behind gaming laptops. Their price premium plus serious limitations are a deal breaker for me.

Posted Image

#14 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Alienware was purchased by Dell in 2006 and is their top end gaming system brand. All they do/have ever done is assemble third party components into custom cases and charge a premium for it. Accessing Dells supply chain and economies of scale has lowered their prices a bit but I still find them overpriced compared to building my own gaming PC.

I find it very hard to get behind gaming laptops. Their price premium plus serious limitations are a deal breaker for me.

Yeah... I was gonna say. As far as towers go, Alienware comparables to my system go for $500 to $1500 more than what I paid for mine.

At the same time, you've gotta go through some such assembly label if you want a laptop, and a lot of people can't afford two computers. However, I've never heard someone say they did a lot of research and came up with the conclusion that Alienware is the best choice.

#15 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Gaming laptops, lol, gimme a break. Why would you ever need one? If you really do LAN a lot, why wouldn't you just build a gaming rig on a mATX board and put it in a small, LAN-ready case with a handle on it? Gaming laptops are stupid. Shouldn't be playing games that much anyway, lol, seriously.

If you're going to buy a gaming rig, do not get an Alienware or anything pre-made. You'll save hundreds and hundreds of dollars if you pick your own parts and have it assembled by NCIX (or by yourself, if you know how).

To be honest, it's always better to build your own, or pick your own parts. You'll always save money.

RIP LB RR PD

#16 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Gaming laptops, lol, gimme a break. Why would you ever need one? If you really do LAN a lot, why wouldn't you just build a gaming rig on a mATX board and put it in a small, LAN-ready case with a handle on it? Gaming laptops are stupid. Shouldn't be playing games that much anyway, lol, seriously.

If you're going to buy a gaming rig, do not get an Alienware or anything pre-made. You'll save hundreds and hundreds of dollars if you pick your own parts and have it assembled by NCIX (or by yourself, if you know how).

To be honest, it's always better to build your own, or pick your own parts. You'll always save money.

I already have built a computer, ive done all that. Laptop's (especially this one) offer more freedom.
Plus I so a lot of traveling. So it comes in handy.

Edited by Kent.S, 28 September 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#17 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

I already have built a computer, ive done all that. Laptop's (especially this one) offer more freedom.
Plus I so a lot of traveling. So it comes in handy.

I just can't justify spending the money on gaming laptops, personally.

Even if you have the money, I don't see the point, but all power to you if you're down for it.

RIP LB RR PD

#18 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

I bought a laptop like a month ago when it was on sale... Have yet to open it still...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#19 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

Some people want the mobility. Sure, it's expensive, but if they can afford it you'll hear no grievance from me. My friend has an ASUS gaming laptop and it works great for him. Like I said before, people can't afford two computers most of the time. If they like gaming and they need a laptop for school, they're not saving money by building their own computer AND buying a laptop.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.