The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your Million Dollar Idea

The Hornet

Ever had a great idea but are just too lazy to make, patent, or put it to use? Share your great ideas in this thread!

Who knows, someone could actually use your idea sometime and make tens of dollars!!

My million dollar idea would be to put cancel floor buttons in Elevators. Never again would you have to worry about young / drunk people pressing all the buttons in the elevator; making your trip to the 30th floor take two hours!

Just press the cancel floor button along with the floors you don't want to go to and bam! It's clear sailing to whatever floor you were going to!

A driving range mat that isn't flat.

When I am golfing, the ball is frequently not at the same level as my feet. Golf courses are not flat, but driving range mats are. So my idea is to make a driving range mat you can raise and lower so that you can simulate shots above and below your feet.

A driving range mat that isn't flat.

When I am golfing, the ball is frequently not at the same level as my feet. Golf courses are not flat, but driving range mats are. So my idea is to make a driving range mat you can raise and lower so that you can simulate shots above and below your feet.

What if it wasn't a slope, but more of a step? Although the ball is on a flat surface, it would still be above (or below) your feet.

Or... magnets. I've also thought that if there was a magnet in the ball it could be kept on the slope. That way you could also do uphill and downhill lies. The problem there though, would be the cost of manufacturing a new kind of range ball with a magnet in it.

On the other hand, magnetic golf balls for adjustable driving range mats could be a whole extra revenue stream.

Archived