47 replies to this topic

#1 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

Ever had a great idea but are just too lazy to make, patent, or put it to use? Share your great ideas in this thread!
Who knows, someone could actually use your idea sometime and make tens of dollars!!

My million dollar idea would be to put cancel floor buttons in Elevators. Never again would you have to worry about young / drunk people pressing all the buttons in the elevator; making your trip to the 30th floor take two hours!
Just press the cancel floor button along with the floors you don't want to go to and bam! It's clear sailing to whatever floor you were going to!

Posted Image

#2 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,869 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

POPULAR

Full headphones with compacted/softened sides so you can listen to them while sleeping on your side

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

If I tell you you'll steal it!
Posted Image

#4 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

A iPad that u flip over and use as cutting board
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#5 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,869 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

A iPad that u flip over and use as cutting board

Awful, awful idea.
The iPad screen would get filthy and scratched up being the underside of a kitchen instrument.

#6 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Awful, awful idea.
The iPad screen would get filthy and scratched up being the underside of a kitchen instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUCpOYdG8hM&feature=related

That's why you just use the top and then stick it in the dishwasher... duh!

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 19 September 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#7 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

inb4 jump to conclusions mat

i never had an idea in my life

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#8 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Bath tub cleaning sponge with a short handle (my sister told me this was already invented though...)

Another one that came to me yesterday that is evil but would sell like hotcakes...cigarette pez dispensers.

Edited by Wilbur, 20 September 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#9 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

Gary Bettman Pinatas :P

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#10 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

My million dollar idea? Steal a million dollars. Details are unnecessary.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#11 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

I've also always wondered if anyone has ever patented the patent.

#12 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

Fly back and forth between LA and Sydney, Australia, and hope for something to happen...for a lawsuit.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#13 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

A driving range mat that isn't flat.

When I am golfing, the ball is frequently not at the same level as my feet. Golf courses are not flat, but driving range mats are. So my idea is to make a driving range mat you can raise and lower so that you can simulate shots above and below your feet.
Posted Image

#14 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

** Secretly awaits other peoples million dollar answers so I can take their idea to Shark Tank and be rich :ph34r:

Posted Image

#15 CIA

CIA

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Make a topic on CDC asking ppl to give me their million dollar ideas. Put idea in motion. Make million dollars.
Posted Image

#16 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Make a topic on CDC asking ppl to give me their million dollar ideas. Put idea in motion. Make million dollars.

What!? Me? Never!!

:ph34r:

Posted Image

#17 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

coffee table book about coffee tables

....oh wait

#18 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,540 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

A driving range mat that isn't flat.

When I am golfing, the ball is frequently not at the same level as my feet. Golf courses are not flat, but driving range mats are. So my idea is to make a driving range mat you can raise and lower so that you can simulate shots above and below your feet.

i had that same idea back in 97 when i was really big in golfing. glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels that way. the only thing I can see as a problem is keeping the ball on the angle.

Edited by avelanch, 20 September 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#19 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

the only thing I can see as a problem is keeping the ball on the angle.

What if it wasn't a slope, but more of a step? Although the ball is on a flat surface, it would still be above (or below) your feet.

Or... magnets. I've also thought that if there was a magnet in the ball it could be kept on the slope. That way you could also do uphill and downhill lies. The problem there though, would be the cost of manufacturing a new kind of range ball with a magnet in it.

On the other hand, magnetic golf balls for adjustable driving range mats could be a whole extra revenue stream.
Posted Image

#20 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

What if it wasn't a slope, but more of a step? Although the ball is on a flat surface, it would still be above (or below) your feet.

Or... magnets. I've also thought that if there was a magnet in the ball it could be kept on the slope. That way you could also do uphill and downhill lies. The problem there though, would be the cost of manufacturing a new kind of range ball with a magnet in it.

On the other hand, magnetic golf balls for adjustable driving range mats could be a whole extra revenue stream.

Wouldn't the magnet cause some resistance?
Posted Image

#21 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,540 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

each mat would have to come with about a hundred balls, with additional ones for sale. at the rate that driving ranges go through golf balls it would be a GREAT ongoing revenue stream! though using special balls may be a hindrance to adoption. there would have to be a model that could use existing balls they already have.

#22 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

I would give some ideas, but someone might steal it. This is a very sneaky thread. :ph34r:

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 20 September 2012 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Wouldn't the magnet cause some resistance?

I thought about that, and I'm no physicist, but I would think the force of the impact would be sufficient to overcome that. The magnet would only need to be just strong enough to keep the ball from rolling away.

The whole problem with this idea is that I have no means to build a prototype. Otherwise, I think it's something every driving range and golf course would want.
Posted Image

#24 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I would give some ideas, but someone might steal it. This is a very sneaky thread. :ph34r:

I'm not so worried about it.

If someone was able to make my idea a reality, I would go out and use it myself. But if they want to give me credit, and maybe a small piece of the pie, I would be happy with that too.
Posted Image

#25 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Don't lockout and play some hockey. A billion dollars right there.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#26 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,540 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

I thought about that, and I'm no physicist, but I would think the force of the impact would be sufficient to overcome that. The magnet would only need to be just strong enough to keep the ball from rolling away.

The whole problem with this idea is that I have no means to build a prototype. Otherwise, I think it's something every driving range and golf course would want.

i think a light vacuum system inside a short rubber tee (the kind that's on driving mats already, but is the height of the turf) that tilts with the angle would work appropriately. just enough vacuum to hold the ball in place. all of the tee boxes could run on the same vaccum system, and it wouldn't adversely affect the release of the ball (it would only be a partial seal to begin with, due to the dimply nature of golf balls).

#27 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

i think a light vacuum system inside a short rubber tee (the kind that's on driving mats already, but is the height of the turf) that tilts with the angle would work appropriately. just enough vacuum to hold the ball in place. all of the tee boxes could run on the same vaccum system, and it wouldn't adversely affect the release of the ball (it would only be a partial seal to begin with, due to the dimply nature of golf balls).

The issue with that is - you would have to have power to the mat then.

Given that driving ranges are outdoors, and usually seperated from the main buildings... that would need some more infrastructure and then the monthly cost.

If you are going to pitch this to driving ranges - it would need to be a low cost alternative that would drive business, not something that would cost money to install and run
Posted Image

#28 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Buy an NHL hockey team in southwest USA.

....wait.

/=S=/

#29 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Bath tub cleaning sponge with a short handle (my sister told me this was already invented though...)

Another one that came to me yesterday that is evil but would sell like hotcakes...cigarette pez dispensers.

So much win! I would have bought them if they existed when I still smoked!

#30 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

The issue with that is - you would have to have power to the mat then.

Given that driving ranges are outdoors, and usually seperated from the main buildings... that would need some more infrastructure and then the monthly cost.

If you are going to pitch this to driving ranges - it would need to be a low cost alternative that would drive business, not something that would cost money to install and run

I was thinking it would need power anyways. The mat could have a small hydraulic system that changes the slope and lie of surface. Many ranges already have lights and/or heat so running power would not be an issue.

For the ranges themselves, they could run it as a premium service and maybe charge a little extra for the stalls that have it. Or, use it as a competitive advantage over ranges that don't.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.