The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ARTICLE] Hockey Prospectus Top 100 Prospects (Includes 1 Canuck)

King of the ES

Its not a terrible list! There are always going to be arguements about where a player could or should be. Really he should have said that this list was for skaters only and not goalies (as they are probably scouted quite differently than skaters). But instead he says he values goalie prospects low, which is sort of an idiotic statement as it can be said that it is the most important position.

I don't think most would argue with who is on the list maybe just the actual numbers themselves. As for the Canucks not having many prospects on there, you have to think about where they have finished in the last few years and to be able to pick up guys like Gaunce, Jensen, Hodgson, Schroeder in the positions they have picked is really not that bad. Of course it would be nice if we had Edmonton's or Florida's prospect pool but the reality is you have to suck for a long time to get that.

cue the whiners and the 'we don't have any prospects' crowd

the Sharks have only one player on that list at 84.

the Flyers have no one.

our top prospect isn't mentioned, but then again the truly laughable thing about that list is that there isn't a single goaltender on it

"goalies are given very low value in my rankings" he says

your rankings themselves have very little value.

OP - add yourself to they

Sounds a lot like my take on Luongo vs. Schneider, doesn't it oldnews? And regarding this, again, why are the Canucks wasting any draft picks on goaltenders?!? What's the point? So if Joe Canaata reaches his potential, he'll officially be the starter on the Wolves? Is he going to be beating out Schneider and/or Lack any time soon? Dumb strategy to be wasting so many picks on a position where we're already so strong.

And who's our top prospect that you're alluding to?

"The Flyers have no one" is a stupid thing to say, for the following reasons:

-Couturier: 19 years old

-B. Schenn: 21 years old

-L. Schenn: 23 years old

-Giroux: 24 years old

-Voracek: 23 years old

Somehow, I don't think they're going to worry about it.

As for San Jose, are they someone that you want to emulate? If anything, that just adds credence to this article.

Sounds a lot like my take on Luongo vs. Schneider, doesn't it oldnews? And regarding this, again, why are the Canucks wasting any draft picks on goaltenders?!? What's the point? So if Joe Canaata reaches his potential, he'll officially be the starter on the Wolves? Is he going to be beating out Schneider and/or Lack any time soon? Dumb strategy to be wasting so many picks on a position where we're already so strong.

And who's our top prospect that you're alluding to?

"The Flyers have no one" is a stupid thing to say, for the following reasons:

-Couturier: 19 years old

-B. Schenn: 21 years old

-L. Schenn: 23 years old

-Giroux: 24 years old

-Voracek: 23 years old

Ironic that King would post this list without a single goaltender on it - after all, he has put forward the silly theory that their is negligible difference between the best and worst starters in the NHL. Clearly goaltending doesn't matter that much, muahaha.

Teams that have won the Cup beg to differ...

Oh no, I spelled some guys name wrong who will almost certainly never don a Canucks jersey. There goes my credibility.

And I'm not whining, but it's a stupid pick. Explain to me the logic in taking a goaltender when you've already got 2 of the top-10 starters under contract, one of them until 2022, and another young guy with a lot of hype currently starting in the AHL. It's a wasted pick. Like I said before, the smarter strategy would've been to take a skater, someone with a higher probability of being useful to the Vancouver Canucks some day.

Seriously, Joe...Cannata ( :bigblush: ) honestly think that he has a chance at making this team, can he?

Joke about it all you want, it's kinda true, isn't it? I'm pretty sure that had all of those 5 guys been mentioned in this list, it somehow would've been thought-of as more credible around these parts.

I guess we'll see if there's any cause for alarm once the season starts.

B)

Archived