The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ARTICLE] Hockey Prospectus Top 100 Prospects (Includes 1 Canuck)

King of the ES

You have no idea whether Cannata will make the team in the future. To assume he won't - based upon what? - is as dumb as thinking that being on that list is a sure-fire ticket to the NHL - and yes, it would be reason to doubt your credibility if you had established any. Everyone knows there are low round and undrafted players playing in the NHL, some of them marquis players, and there are plenty of prominent first round, even first overall picks who turned out to be duds.

Oh no, I spelled some guys name wrong who will almost certainly never don a Canucks jersey. There goes my credibility.

And I'm not whining, but it's a stupid pick. Explain to me the logic in taking a goaltender when you've already got 2 of the top-10 starters under contract, one of them until 2022, and another young guy with a lot of hype currently starting in the AHL. It's a wasted pick. Like I said before, the smarter strategy would've been to take a skater, someone with a higher probability of being useful to the Vancouver Canucks some day.

Seriously, Joe...Cannata ( :bigblush: ) honestly think that he has a chance at making this team, can he?

Joke about it all you want, it's kinda true, isn't it? I'm pretty sure that had all of those 5 guys been mentioned in this list, it somehow would've been thought-of as more credible around these parts.

I guess we'll see if there's any cause for alarm once the season starts.

B)

Anybody can get hot for an 18-game stretch. The point is that Osgood was always thought-of as the weak point of the Wings, and he was paid accordingly. That's why he didn't have nearly as much success on St. Louis or Long Island.

The NHL is a skater's game. Why is Pittsburgh though-of as a perennial contender? Is it because of Crosby, or is it because of Fleury? And before you bring up Jonathan Quick, please look up and down LA's roster and try to find me a weakness.

What's the upside?

Is he somehow going to beat out Lack, Schneider, and Luongo, and become the Canucks' starter? Odds of that happening would probably need to be set at about 1%.

Far better strategy to take a flyer on a skater, given the strength that we have in goal.

75% of that list won't turn into the superstars they were projected to be.

Being a top ranked prospect doesn't mean anything, other than the fact you were drafted high.

We've got lots of gems, that for people who don't follow this team, won't even know how good they are.

Oh no, I spelled some guys name wrong who will almost certainly never don a Canucks jersey. There goes my credibility.

And I'm not whining, but it's a stupid pick. Explain to me the logic in taking a goaltender when you've already got 2 of the top-10 starters under contract, one of them until 2022, and another young guy with a lot of hype currently starting in the AHL. It's a wasted pick. Like I said before, the smarter strategy would've been to take a skater, someone with a higher probability of being useful to the Vancouver Canucks some day.

Seriously, Joe...Cannata ( :bigblush: ) honestly think that he has a chance at making this team, can he?

Joke about it all you want, it's kinda true, isn't it? I'm pretty sure that had all of those 5 guys been mentioned in this list, it somehow would've been thought-of as more credible around these parts.

I guess we'll see if there's any cause for alarm once the season starts.

B)

Archived